This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2012: An Off-Season to Be Optimistic

It was great seeing a ECAC team in Tampa, im hoping we dont have to wait another 9 years to get a team back to the Frozen Four but unfortunately, I have a feeling the next drought might be longer.

Also, not that it really matters anymore but this article about some of the pros and cons of adding UConn to Hockey East was posted on NEHJ website yesterday and mentions RPI a couple times.

http://hockeyjournal.com/news/colleg..._pros_and_cons

On the flip side, there are reasons UConn is attractive – particularly compared to some of the other schools that have been batted around as possible 12th members, such as RPI and Quinnipiac. The Huskies’ women’s program is a part of the league already, and the alignment would certainly be attractive to both the league and program. UConn is also a Division I school across the board, which commissioner Joe Bertagna alluded to being a desired quality when he spoke with the Hockey Journal back in October about Notre Dame’s addition.

“There probably are within the league some athletic directors who don’t feel philosophically that a small Division III school should be competing in Division I,” Bertagna said. “That’s kind of the way the NCAA has gone in the last 20 years.”
    Kinda get the impression that Hockey East was never really interested in RPI this time around. I wonder which athletic directors Bertagna is talking about? BC is the first one that comes to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
      Whoa...our national nightmare is over. Now I can enjoy my offseason rooting against the Red Sox.
      ASpy -- there is the small matter of the upcoming Presidential election in Nov. for you to fret about.... Just sayin'
      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
        ASpy -- there is the small matter of the upcoming Presidential election in Nov. for you to fret about.... Just sayin'
        That's not exactly during the off-season.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          That's not exactly during the off-season.
          But the fretting has probably begun by now.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 7 April 2012. There are 182 days (26 weeks) until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 6 October for the start of next season.

That is the day that an exhibition game is supposedly scheduled.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Did you see the article on the uscho frozen four coverage quoting Seth Appert? Interesting take on his Ferris roots and his looking for ways to put a charge into the coming year for Our Red.

I like the way the Engineers came down the stretch... some of our freshmen were coming of age right there on the ice. Let's look for ways to shape and form the new year... starting right now. If Ferris can provide an example/motivation, great! And, as I read in WaP a few days ago, if Union can do it, anyone can. Why not us? Why not us? The coaches and players have to ask, both as individuals and as a team, 'What would it take?'
              Here we come!

Comment

Today is 8 April 2012. There are 181 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

OK here it is lets get this thing started.....Paul Kelly for ECACHL commisioner....Shagwell's reign should be done.I believe the debacle in Atlantic City this year w/no TV contract is the final straw.Its not what he does its what he doesn't do thats become the big problem.I can think of no one better to lead our league into the future than Mr.Kelly.I believe Shagwell engineered Kelly leaving college hockey inc. because he felt threatened by a guy who can get things done,has connections,and is always moving forward.In the ever changing lanscape that is college hockey the ECACHL needs to become proactive not reactive and I don't see that happening w/the current regime at all .Just maybe we should be expanding taking in some teams that thier time has come or possibly bleeding off a hockey east school or 2.This all should be explored if not a possibilty at least we should be looking at it.Instead it appears we are just sitting in a corner sucking are collective thumbs waiting to react to what comes down the pike.Shagwell has not given me any reason to think otherwise.After all we are the ticket buying public who pays Shagwells salary and we deserve better than were getting ! We need Paul Kelly NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
                    OK here it is lets get this thing started.....Paul Kelly for ECACHL commisioner....Shagwell's reign should be done.I believe the debacle in Atlantic City this year w/no TV contract is the final straw.Its not what he does its what he doesn't do thats become the big problem.I can think of no one better to lead our league into the future than Mr.Kelly.I believe Shagwell engineered Kelly leaving college hockey inc. because he felt threatened by a guy who can get things done,has connections,and is always moving forward.In the ever changing lanscape that is college hockey the ECACHL needs to become proactive not reactive and I don't see that happening w/the current regime at all .Just maybe we should be expanding taking in some teams that thier time has come or possibly bleeding off a hockey east school or 2.This all should be explored if not a possibilty at least we should be looking at it.Instead it appears we are just sitting in a corner sucking are collective thumbs waiting to react to what comes down the pike.Shagwell has not given me any reason to think otherwise.After all we are the ticket buying public who pays Shagwells salary and we deserve better than were getting ! We need Paul Kelly NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    Spaces between sentences are a good thing.

Comment

• Back from Tampa, they did a great job as host. I'm very happy union didnt win. As well as the title coming back to the east. Also had good chats with Seth and Mr. Fridgen. One thing you noticed if you watched the games almost every play went in zone with a pass or two and a shot on net. No cycle cycle cycle turnover.
                      I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
                        Back from Tampa, they did a great job as host. I'm very happy union didnt win. As well as the title coming back to the east. Also had good chats with Seth and Mr. Fridgen. One thing you noticed if you watched the games almost every play went in zone with a pass or two and a shot on net. No cycle cycle cycle turnover.
                        There's only two reasons I can fathom for cycle-cycle-cycle... one is to slow the pace of the game down (it's a good idea when you're ahead by 2), and another is a lack of confidence with the shot that they need to try for something with a higher percentage.

Comment

Today is 9 April 2012. There are 180 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
                            Interesting stuff.

Im curious to see how all the conference jumping changes the pairwise rankings for the 2013-14 season and beyond. With the majority of power teams lined up in the Big10, NCHC and Hockey East, will they get most/all of the at-large bids to the ncaa's on a yearly basis? Will the WCHA/ECAC/AHA struggle to get more then just the conference champ in the tournament every year?
                            The PairWise is all about how well your conference does out of conference. Those conferences with strong inter-conference records will have the most teams in the hunt. This year CCHA and Hockey East had the best inter-conference records. Last year, the ECAC was a little stronger out of conference, thus three teams.

Because of the way the PairWise works, what you, as a team, has a big affect on your PWR, but in conjunction with that, what your conference, as a whole, does, also has a big affect on your PWR.
                            Jayson Moy
                            USCHO

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              Spaces between sentences are a good thing.
                              It's called a stream of consciousness.
                              "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                                True, but I'm not that concerned with gas prices hovering around $4 and unemployment unfortunately so high. The incumbent has some serious issues.
                                "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Working...
                                X