X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2012: An Off-Season to Be Optimistic

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    Now there is one woman who has gotten better looking with age.
    She was about the only thing in "A Kid in King Arthur's Court" that was worth watching. NO MORE THOMAS NICHOLS AND JOSS ACKLAND!!!

But you are absolutely correct. She gets better looking with age. Reminds me a little of Janice Pennington.

Comment

Today is 2 April 2012. There are 187 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 6 October for the start of next season.

That is the day that an exhibition game is supposedly scheduled.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        She was about the only thing in "A Kid in King Arthur's Court" that was worth watching. NO MORE THOMAS NICHOLS AND JOSS ACKLAND!!!

But you are absolutely correct. She gets better looking with age. Reminds me a little of Janice Pennington.
        I agree-even though Janice has had a lot of help from the plastic boys.
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
          So, UConn has actually detailed what would be necessary to move their team up to the HEA. Looks like they're actually serious. (They won't have the capacity at Freitas, with or without expansion, so that is still a stumbling block, but they've figured out where to add scholarships to the women to balance the Title IX concerns and the XL Center is willing to give UConn some dedicated space). That probably ends the RPI -> HEA pipe dream.

Article
          Assessment (PDF)
          Forum Post
          Interesting stuff.

Im curious to see how all the conference jumping changes the pairwise rankings for the 2013-14 season and beyond. With the majority of power teams lined up in the Big10, NCHC and Hockey East, will they get most/all of the at-large bids to the ncaa's on a yearly basis? Will the WCHA/ECAC/AHA struggle to get more then just the conference champ in the tournament every year?

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
            Interesting stuff.

Im curious to see how all the conference jumping changes the pairwise rankings for the 2013-14 season and beyond. With the majority of power teams lined up in the Big10, NCHC and Hockey East, will they get most/all of the at-large bids to the ncaa's on a yearly basis? Will the WCHA/ECAC/AHA struggle to get more then just the conference champ in the tournament every year?
            Good questions, but I think that the WCHA schools will get two and sometimes three bids for year including the automatic one. That's more than thoe schools usually get. The AHA has never gotten more than the automatic, and it should stay that way.

With a total of six automatics, that leaves ten at-large. I would expect those three leagues to typically get seven of them.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              Good questions, but I think that the WCHA schools will get two and sometimes three bids for year including the automatic one. That's more than thoe schools usually get. The AHA has never gotten more than the automatic, and it should stay that way.

With a total of six automatics, that leaves ten at-large. I would expect those three leagues to typically get seven of them.
              Considering the ECAC is able to get at least one at-large bid with the leagues as they are (and sometimes two, I don't know if they've had 3 since the tourney went up to 16 teams), I don't see that changing in the foreseeable future. Also, remember that BTHC and BHHC cannot receive an auto-bid in the first 2 years (although I don't know if they're going to just re-brand the CCHA for one of those); they must get in at-large until the 2016 tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
                Interesting stuff.

Yes and Yes.

Comment

Considering the ECAC is able to get at least one at-large bid with the leagues as they are (and sometimes two, I don't know if they've had 3 since the tourney went up to 16 teams)
                  No, they haven't.
                  Also, remember that BTHC and BHHC cannot receive an auto-bid in the first 2 years (although I don't know if they're going to just re-brand the CCHA for one of those); they must get in at-large until the 2016 tournament.
                  You are correct. And, no, rebranding will not help. I'm pretty sure that the rule is that six teams have to play together in league play against one another before an autobid will be awarded. If anyone can find the actual rule, that would be great.
                  Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

RB asked this several pages back regarding the date for the Men's Hockey Banquet. I just received an email from Kevin Beatie; it's May 5th....@ the Alumni House....cocktails are from 6-6:30 followed by dinner/program. He didn't specify the cost, I'll assume it's about the same as last year ($30).
                    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                      RB asked this several pages back regarding the date for the Men's Hockey Banquet. I just received an email from Kevin Beatie; it's May 5th....@ the Alumni House....cocktails are from 6-6:30 followed by dinner/program. He didn't specify the cost, I'll assume it's about the same as last year ($30).
                      I am assuming that I will be giving a speech again this year at the banquet.
                      "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                        Thanks.

In the past wasn't it closer to the end of the season?
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          Thanks.

In the past wasn't it closer to the end of the season?
                          In 2010, the Relay for Life was held on the same night as the hockey banquet. That means it was April 23rd.
                          Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                            I am assuming that I will be giving a speech again this year at the banquet.
                            wouldn't be worth it if you didn't
                            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                              I am assuming that I will be giving a speech that less than six people will hear again this year at the banquet.
                              FYP.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                                Not sure about that-first saw her more than 50 years ago in Boy On A Dolphin as a young actress-extremely hot even then. Winslet just seems to look somuch better now than 10 years ago. Speaking of getting better with age-fully expect our freshman class from this year to show so much more next year.
                                It is going to be a long summer, but Dr. D. makes an heroic effort to steer our minds back to RPI hockey.

Comment

Working...
                                X