Maine thread (cont) - Hobey Abbott goes Dancing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Maine thread (cont) - Hobey Abbott goes Dancing

I'm sure Maine students never drink in alfond. Saw a kid kicked out last night for drunkenness...

Comment

That was a frusterating game to watch for many of the reasons already discussed (penalties, Maine play generally, etc.). I watched Friday and last night's game on WBIN. They have Bob Norton doing the color. It appears WBIN has some sort of partnership with the Merrimack atheletic department so I can understand why their announcers are "homers" for the warriors. Norton takes homerism to a completely new level. At first it was good to hear him again, now I wish he just stayed under the rock he had been hiding under for the last several years.

Comment

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
        I'm sure Maine students never drink in alfond. Saw a kid kicked out last night for drunkenness...
        Really, College students drinking, who'd a thunk it. Was Scott darling there
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
          Was Scott darling there
          *****http://media.scout.com/media/forums/emoticons/13/rimshot.gif******
          1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

There's a difference between getting liquored up before a game and multiple students smuggling beer into a game. If it wasn't a big deal, the Alfond staff wouldn't care.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
              There's a difference between getting liquored up before a game and multiple students smuggling beer into a game. If it wasn't a big deal, the Alfond staff wouldn't care.
              Oh please. They all took a bus besides. That's the building's problem, not an issue for the game thread.

Comment

As I said, I'm sure no Maine students have ever smuggled beer/flasks up to balcony...

Comment

As I said, I'm sure no Maine students have ever smuggled beer/flasks up to balcony...
                  Pretty much a typical night's game when i went there. Of course, that sort of thing is frowned upon more these days.
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                    Stop whining about the refs, the refs didn't make Joey be an idiot, the refs didn't make most of the team stand there and watch MC beat them to the puck, the Refs make MC want it more. You guys sound like UNH fans and that ain't a compliment
                    Thank you walrus...I knew there would be one maine fan out there that could remove the blue glasses and see what really happened lady night. You and I have been around these boards for a long time. Just want to say thank you and I hope tonights game goes down the exact same way lol
                    As everyone knows... there was a crisis, as Justin (MCHOCKEY) went AWOL 4 minutes into the first game... and thankfully he wandered his way to the meet and greet in one piece... listening to Mike (Warrior51) tell this story was *** hilarious...

-Redman after the first night of the HE Tournament(2004).

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                      Pretty much a typical night's game when i went there. Of course, that sort of thing is frowned upon more these days.
                      During my days at the mack, I never went to a game without my bottle of coke (mixed with some sweet tasting captain premixed in lol)
                      As everyone knows... there was a crisis, as Justin (MCHOCKEY) went AWOL 4 minutes into the first game... and thankfully he wandered his way to the meet and greet in one piece... listening to Mike (Warrior51) tell this story was *** hilarious...

-Redman after the first night of the HE Tournament(2004).

Comment

Who really cares about a few away fans that brought in a couple beers? The bigger deal is that Maine was a no show last night playing dumb and undisciplined hockey in a game that could have closed out the series.
                        Last edited by Hockeypuck; 03-11-2012, 01:37 PM.

Comment

There's a fifth student bus on the way from North Andover to Alfond, so get ready for some more noise. About 20% of the MC student body is now in Orono.

But those students are in for a rude awakening...when they were cleaning up last night the Alfond staff found empty beer bottles left by the Merrimack students. That makes the Alfond staff very unhappy.
                          Listen to yourself. A "rude awakening??" They better also eat their vegetables before leaving the dinner table tonight or there will be no TV before bed!
                          National Champions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
                          Hockey East Tournament Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                          Hockey East Regular Season Champions: 2014, 2012, 2011, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2001, 1991, 1990, 1989, 1987, 1986, 1985

Originally posted by SteveF
                          two things you need to know about the current state of BU hockey

a) fanboys chanted 'thank you seniors' at the beanpot
                          b) fanboys chanted 'wheres your beanpot' while getting blown out in the semis of the HE tournament

Comment

Originally posted by REDMEN2002 View Post
                            Listen to yourself. A "rude awakening??" They better also eat their vegetables before leaving the dinner table tonight or there will be no TV before bed!
                            Actually, I lifted that line from a media report on the incident. But I'll be sure to pass along your concerns.

Comment

Actually, I lifted that line from a media report on the incident. But I'll be sure to pass along your concerns.
                              Incident? Please, get over yourself.
                              National Champions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
                              Hockey East Tournament Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                              Hockey East Regular Season Champions: 2014, 2012, 2011, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2001, 1991, 1990, 1989, 1987, 1986, 1985

Originally posted by SteveF
                              two things you need to know about the current state of BU hockey

a) fanboys chanted 'thank you seniors' at the beanpot
                              b) fanboys chanted 'wheres your beanpot' while getting blown out in the semis of the HE tournament

Comment

There's a fifth student bus on the way from North Andover to Alfond, so get ready for some more noise. About 20% of the MC student body is now in Orono.

But those students are in for a rude awakening...when they were cleaning up last night the Alfond staff found empty beer bottles left by the Merrimack students. That makes the Alfond staff very unhappy.
                                Timmay should be proud of his accomplishment of being able to drive the home fans away and allow the visitors to dominate the arena. If Maine was still a winner the alfond wouldn't be a ghost town even if the kids are on break. Thank you tiny timmay you have accomplished your mission.

Comment

Working...
                                X