Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine thread (cont) - Hobey Abbott goes Dancing

Originally posted by TripleE View Post
    I like Leen. These freshmen are strong skaters ... I think they're going to grow into a pretty memorable class.

Parker will probably be the most productive player of this class down the road and I really hope he plays on the top line if Abbs can't go. Not just because I want to see what he can bring when a cool, calm and collected Brian Flynn is feeding him pucks... but keep Matty and Mark together, keep Adam and Beats together..... keep most other parts of the game familiar because some nice chemistry has formed.
    Leen and Parker certainly show potential, but I would prefer to see Anthoine on the 1st line right now. He gets into position to take a pass better than the other two, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
      Leen and Parker certainly show potential, but I would prefer to see Anthoine on the 1st line right now. He gets into position to take a pass better than the other two, IMO.
      Hmm.

You know, what motivated my thinking was there are 3 duos of forwards who have shown chemistry that I didn't want to see broken up. Obviously Flynn/Diamond. But then Mangene/Anthoine and Beattie/Shemansky.

There have been lots of mumbles for Parker to join the top line, but if they pull from the 2nd line, you've got to think they'll take matty again. He's shuffled shifts with those guys all year...played a lot of time with those guys on the top PP unit...and is obviously a matchup nightmare with his speed, and is the top scorer outside of those 3.

But you know what? Maybe Anthoine makes the most sense.

1. Perhaps you bump Beattie/Shemansky up to line 2 with Mangene. Those 3 aren't strangers.

2. In 'replacing' Abbott, you're never going to replace his scoring. But you know Joey is going to make his living in the trenches, and that Flynn can play QB. Someone with some size and strength to go muck up the corners and win battles would go a long way. And hey: for a guy with a dozen goals, who knows? Maybe he's waiting until NCAA play to get his first 5v5?

Comment

Good luck MAINE lets go HOCKEY EAST!

Comment

Originally posted by blackbearbandie View Post
          I liked what Metcalf had to say.
          Me, too. A coach may have a competitive drive without wearing it on his sleeve. Outward displays of ranting does not equal success.

Comment

Article on Grant.

http://www.pressherald.com/sports/ma...012-03-23.html

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
              Yeah, that's the sort of thing that makes my skin crawl.

If an NCAA athlete in football, hoops, etc., has any contact with an agent, they lose their eligibility instantly. In college hockey..? Not a problem! Just another example of how Bettman's NHL whores-out the NCAA as a free feeder-system, and gets away with it.

College Hockey Inc.'s main reason to exist seems to be to address this issue, and maybe they'll get somewhere... With >30% of all current NHL players having come from the NCAA, they ought to have some leverage.
              so, Gary Proelman was on the local sportstalk radio show this morning, here's a synopsis:

Proelman is a NHLPA certified player agent and represents (family advisor) Dumoulin, Billett, Mangene, Shemansky, 4 or five other Maine players and a couple of other BC guys.

Dumoulin turned down a $3million offer from Carolina prior to this season. Dumoulin will be signing what is essentially a max deal for a first round 2009 draft pick that has already been negotiated a couple days after BC's season ends

Mangene has had interest from a dozen or so clubs. With guaranteed money, he could be a flight risk. I personally don't think he's ready, but he could jump after the season.

He talked at length about Abbott. According to Proelman, Abbott was going to play in the HE championship game, but HE officials shut that down. He also said that it sounds like Abbott has been cleared by Maine doctor's (passed baseline), but still needs to pass an NCAA mandated return to play protocol/test. He expects Abbott will be in uniform on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
                so, Gary Proelman was on the local sportstalk radio show this morning, here's a synopsis:

Proelman is a NHLPA certified player agent and represents (family advisor) Dumoulin, Billett, Mangene, Shemansky, 4 or five other Maine players and a couple of other BC guys.

Dumoulin turned down a $3million offer from Carolina prior to this season. Dumoulin will be signing what is essentially a max deal for a first round 2009 draft pick that has already been negotiated a couple days after BC's season ends

Mangene has had interest from a dozen or so clubs. With guaranteed money, he could be a flight risk. I personally don't think he's ready, but he could jump after the season.

He talked at length about Abbott. According to Proelman, Abbott was going to play in the HE championship game, but HE officials shut that down. He also said that it sounds like Abbott has been cleared by Maine doctor's (passed baseline), but still needs to pass an NCAA mandated return to play protocol/test. He expects Abbott will be in uniform on Saturday.
                Well thats good news about Abbott. Gary would know.

Comment

nice article on mangene

http://www.pressherald.com/sports/do...012-03-22.html

Comment

• Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
                    Well thats good news about Abbott. Gary would know.
                    Prolman doesn't know $hit. He doesn't represent Abbott. The last thing he should be doing is getting on a radio show talking specifics about Abbott and his injuries and what condition he's in. The kid is trying to sign a deal for a lot of money and he has to deal with that loser spewing about him on a radio show??? I'll bet Abbott's agent (who has been a certified NHL player agent for over 30 years, by the way, unlike Prolman who just became one last year) is making his way to Bangor right now to shut Prolman up. He's messing with a kid's future..

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
                      [B][SIZE=6]“Every day I wake up, I have something to prove. That’s the way I’ve always attacked it. That’s never going to change. I’m going to continue to fight and work hard for this program. That’s what I expect of myself, my coaches and my players. - Tim Whitehead
                      All Tim works for is the Penrose Award.

Comment

• Originally posted by KnowItAll
                        i kinda missed the part where Gary was messing with the kid's future... according to the post you responded to: Prolman said that Abbott was cleared and was ready to play... sounds like you read something more into it.

also... this is the kind of stuff that is hard to get over, on uscho... a player agent says something and a popcorn eating fan says that the agent does not know shi7.... then who does?
                        everyone poo poos Hokeydad, but the guy knows what he is talking about.
                        now you poo poo the words of a genuine insider?
                        wow
                        "He also said that it sounds like Abbott has been cleared by Maine doctor's (passed baseline), but still needs to pass an NCAA mandated return to play protocol/test. He expects Abbott will be in uniform on Saturday."

So, you think it's Ok for one player agent to be publicly speculating on another agent's client and his ability to play??? If I'm Abbott's agent, I'd call that messing with my client's future. And clearly you are not anything close to an "insider" if you don't get that.

And maybe I'm more than just a "popcorn eating fan".....you never know ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshot08 View Post
                          Prolman doesn't know $hit. He doesn't represent Abbott. The last thing he should be doing is getting on a radio show talking specifics about Abbott and his injuries and what condition he's in. The kid is trying to sign a deal for a lot of money and he has to deal with that loser spewing about him on a radio show??? I'll bet Abbott's agent (who has been a certified NHL player agent for over 30 years, by the way, unlike Prolman who just became one last year) is making his way to Bangor right now to shut Prolman up. He's messing with a kid's future..
                          Wow chill out. How is he messing with a kids future by simply stating what should be public knowledge? I'm sure if he's been cleared by team doctors then people know that and Prolman's not the one making that call on whether he play's or not. Clearly you have a beef with Prolman, and I could care less, but to make a statement that he's messing with a kids future?? Seems a little extreme.

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshot08 View Post
                            ) is making his way to Bangor right now to shut Prolman up. He's messing with a kid's future..
                            Prolman isn't in Bangor as there is no sports radio in Bangor anymore, unless you count the Duffer in the afternoon as sports radio?

My guess is Abbotts agent wouldn't say a thing about Abbotts condition until Spence skated on the ice or not
                            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
                              Wow chill out. How is he messing with a kids future by simply stating what should be public knowledge? I'm sure if he's been cleared by team doctors then people know that and Prolman's not the one making that call on whether he play's or not. Clearly you have a beef with Prolman, and I could care less, but to make a statement that he's messing with a kids future?? Seems a little extreme.
                              My point is that he has no business jumping on the radio talking about another agent's client. Period. I have no beef with him as a person...don't even know him. Abbott is a couple of days (hopefully more) away from signing a pro contract. If you're saying that giving out details (yes, those are details that had not been heard before) about a players health - particularly involving a concussion - wont impact NHL teams' view on him, you don't know what you're talking about.

I'm done with this thread....like talking to a brick wall.

Comment

Yea mellow out boys. Just try to enjoy the excitement of our first NC2A game in 5 years, and be thankful all the jerseys say Maine on the front. Anybody notice how hard it is to find any College Hockey sports writer on any website predicting Maine to win? Good! I'd rather be a slight underdog than a favorite anyday in a tourney like this one.

Comment

Working...
                                X