Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine thread (cont) - Hobey Abbott goes Dancing

Originally posted by MaineHockeyPuck View Post
    I heard the same rumor BUT heard he left half way through practice with Paul C. Not sure what that means....
    Paul C knows concussions so if that part is true I doubt thats a good thing??
    I want Maine to field its best team but I sure don't want Spence to play if its going to screw him up worse.
    Anyone know what time practice is tomorrow?
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
      Paul C knows concussions so if that part is true I doubt thats a good thing??
      I want Maine to field its best team but I sure don't want Spence to play if its going to screw him up worse.
      Anyone know what time practice is tomorrow?
      No TV.................No S_X

Comment

Originally posted by fiqure8 View Post
        No TV.................No S_X
        Last I checked, ESPNU is showing it "tape"- delayed at 11:30 PM on Saturday.

Watch hoops for a couple of hours, if your bracket is still intact.

Comment

Blog via Twitter

http://maineblackbearfan.blogspot.co...regionals.html

Comment

Instead of figuring out where everyone is going on the power play we probably better work on Defense a little in practice Tim! I have a funny feeling that we will be spending more time on D than we do on the PP!

Comment

Nice article from the PPH.
              http://www.pressherald.com/sports/do...012-03-22.html

Comment

Originally posted by DownEastblkbearfan View Post
                Instead of figuring out where everyone is going on the power play we probably better work on Defense a little in practice Tim! I have a funny feeling that we will be spending more time on D than we do on the PP!
                Agreed. Especially with the 2nd pp unit.

Comment

The game will be televised locally on WABI and WPME and televised nationally on FSN+.

Spencer has been tweeting, but has been mum on his injury.

Maine is 7-1 in Worcester, being placed there en route to championships in '93 and '99 and championship game appearances in '95 and '02. BC is 8-1 in Worcester and won all three of its national titles from the Worcester bracket. Hockey East has won seven national titles with six coming from the Worcester regional (BU, 2009 came from Manchester). HEA has also had 25 appearances in the Frozen Four since the neutral site regional was introduced in 1992. 16 of the 25 came from Worcester. Chances are very good that we see either BC or Maine advance from Worcester and a 30% chance that team will be the eventual national champion.

Comment

• Originally posted by DownEastblkbearfan View Post
                    Unless there's an injury I dont know about, the defense is what it is. The PP is worth discussing because things need to get shifted around if Spence is out. 3 PPGs Friday, win. None Saturday, loss. Sure that's coincidental.
                    Last edited by BoSox3066; 03-22-2012, 12:53 PM.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                    43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                    104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                    3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Nice touch about his number and grandfather very special

another BlackBear( and former monarch) has an article in Worcester
                      http://www.telegram.com/section/sports/

Comment

http://www.uscho.com/2012/03/22/bent...-award-winner/

Truly a sham...some guy from BENTLEY beats out FLYNN, DIAMOND, O'Neil Almeaida, Dumolin......as best US born player in New England Hockey.......BENTLEY ...Jesus wept....

Comment

Originally posted by BearNecessity View Post
                          http://www.uscho.com/2012/03/22/bent...-award-winner/

Truly a sham...some guy from BENTLEY beats out FLYNN, DIAMOND, O'Neil Almeaida, Dumolin......as best US born player in New England Hockey.......BENTLEY ...Jesus wept....
                          based on the few times that you saw Gensler in person, how would you say he stacks up against Flynn and Almedia?

Comment

Saw them at home versus ARMY ( know kids on team) He did score but didn't dominate, Bentley lost.....and top player in NE should stand out.....or am I being too harsh ? The others would dominate.....Weaker competition...and ye I know he put up some points, but having seen these other guys compete for 4 years.....to nominate a sophomore for player of the year...a sham....
                            Last edited by BearNecessity; 03-22-2012, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                              BC is 8-1 in Worcester and won all three of its national titles from the Worcester bracket.
                              I know they didn't do regionals in 1949, but in all fairness, they've won 4 championships!

Comment

Originally posted by TripleE View Post
                                I know they didn't do regionals in 1949, but in all fairness, they've won 4 championships!
                                I knew someone would be anal enough to bring that up.

Comment

Working...
                                X