Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine thread (cont) - Hobey Abbott goes Dancing

Originally posted by tylerzx2002 View Post
    In the media teleconference earlier this morning Whitehead said they're preparing for the game as if Abbott can't play, but that if he is able then it'll be a bonus. He seemed like he knew the question was coming but tried to shy away from giving any definitive answer.
    I'd imagine UMD is doing something similiar...they are probably preparing as if Abbott will play, and if he doesn't then it will be a bonus...

Comment

Timmay is just taking a page from the Patriots. I'll bet the house Spence plays.

Comment

I don't think Tim or anyone else knows for sure whether Abbott will be ready to play this weekend.

Comment

Abbott may say he's "ready" to play, but that doesn't mean he'll be medically cleared to play.

Comment

Originally posted by dwollstadt View Post
            I don't think Tim or anyone else knows for sure whether Abbott will be ready to play this weekend.
            Yup
            Thats the nature of a concussion, he may feel fine walking around but get on the ice and get hit, different story
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Hope preparing without Abbott means comIng up with a better PP design than Hegarty up front. I thought that was a trainwreck.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
              43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
              104-47-14 (.669) in that time
              3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

• Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                Hope preparing without Abbott means comIng up with a better PP design than Hegarty up front. I thought that was a trainwreck.
                So, I agree with you. Then I went to the stats to see who has put up some points and might be able to go net front on the pp and I only came up with 2 possibilities not already on the pp: Swavely and Parker. I think Parker could do the trick. Certainly has shown he can find the back of the net on a couple of occasions. I just wonder if he can take the punishment in front of the net. Thats why Prior and Brice wouldn't work, IMO. And Hegerty has more points than all of them but has shown he can't put it away. Don't think he's scored on the pp this year in the times he's been out there. Tough call. Maybe Rutt if he was in the lineup (which he should be for Prior if we were fielding the best players). Argh!

Comment

Without Abbott...first unit looks like Flynn, Diamond and Anthoine and then O'Neill and Mangene up top. Second unit then on D use Pryor-O'Connor and up front Shemansky-Beattie-Parker/Swaverly.

Better off looking for tips from Shemansky or trying to run something back door to him than parking Hegarty out front and hoping for the best. That's just me.

I wouldn't be against throwing Pryor or O'Connor with Will on the first unit and using Mangene up front on the second unit.

I realize that was thrown together in about 12 hours after the Abbott injury, hopefully the coaches will have some different ideas with a week of practice to prepare. An 0-4 against UMD won't be good enough.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                  43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                  104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                  3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshot08 View Post
                    So, I agree with you. Then I went to the stats to see who has put up some points and might be able to go net front on the pp and I only came up with 2 possibilities not already on the pp: Swavely and Parker. I think Parker could do the trick. Certainly has shown he can find the back of the net on a couple of occasions. I just wonder if he can take the punishment in front of the net. Thats why Prior and Brice wouldn't work, IMO. And Hegerty has more points than all of them but has shown he can't put it away. Don't think he's scored on the pp this year in the times he's been out there. Tough call. Maybe Rutt if he was in the lineup (which he should be for Prior if we were fielding the best players). Argh!
                    Who would run the second PP unit if Rutt was in the lineup instead of Pryor? Also, O'Neil graduates this year and someone will have to take over the top unit next year. I don't disagree that Rutt is the better player but you have to look at the big picture.
                    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                      Without Abbott...first unit looks like Flynn, Diamond and Anthoine
                      My thoughts exactly.

It would be fun to see both of those latter guys mucking it up in the low slot at the same time... That would be murder to defend against.

(And it would look even better if Spence is available to distribute the puck into that chaos.)

Comment

Rumor has it, Spence was on the ice for practice yesterday, not sure at what level but if he is skating without complications that's a good thing
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Nick Pryor to play against J.T. Brown. These two have played hockey together almost their entire lives. Minnesota has 18 natives on the team. Talks about Spencer at the end of the article. Doesn't sound like he practiced yesterday to me.
                          http://bangordailynews.com/2012/03/2...-close-friend/

Comment

Doc's telling him not to talk to the media sounds like he didn't practice? I guess I can see the corelation, but...

Comment

Originally posted by chripy View Post
                              Doc's telling him not to talk to the media sounds like he didn't practice? I guess I can see the corelation, but...
                              probably more of an exertion thing... one thing they also tell you not to do when recovering from a concussion that seems rather innocuous is to send texts, so no surprise there to me...

Comment

I heard the same rumor BUT heard he left half way through practice with Paul C. Not sure what that means....

Comment

Working...
                                X