WCHA First Round: Bemidji State @ North Dakota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WCHA First Round: Bemidji State @ North Dakota

Well, nobody else had started a thread (at least from what I could tell after a quick search) so I figured I would. This should be a very good series, and I wouldn't be surprised if it went to Game 3. It is too bad both teams cannot make their way to the Final Five this year. What does everyone feel will be the turning point or keys to the series?

Can't wait until Friday...
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Re: WCHA First Round: Bemidji State @ North Dakota

FS23 Can our PWR take 3 games and loss at the X?
    "My greatest achievement."
    Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

Nick Mattson spends the entire weekend taunting Danny Mattson for being the lesser Mattson and rejected by UND. The entire Beaver team is so distraught over Danny continually crying on the bench that they can not focus and are utterly destroyed on Friday. Feeling confident in his team's play Dave Hakstol scratches his top line of Knight, Kristo and Nelson for Saturday's game leaving UND with just 14 skaters. He then starts Tater in net. Finally Hak makes the calculated decision of triple shifting the forth line of Gaarder and Jimmer. Having no RW to play with them, Hakstol moves MacWilliam up to forward. Mac responds brilliantly by getting a hat trick and five assists in the game.

[Insert Name Here] Sweeps. Danny Mattson quits hockey.
      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
        [Insert Name Here]
        Yeah, so how is that going to work?
        Final Five- Sioux Jerseys?
        NCAA Tourney- green and white Notre Dame Jerseys?

Comment

Whioux sweep.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by darker98 View Post
            FS23 Can our PWR take 3 games and loss at the X?
            Yes. If the Sioux win this series, they are extremely likely to make the NCAA Tournament, barring major upsets. If the Sioux win in 2, they will likely be about 10th in the PWR. If they win in 3, they will likely be about 12th. They can still make the NCAAs if they lose this series this weekend, as they would be around 14-15 even if they are swept. Obviously, we would have to hope and pray next weekend that there are absolutely zero upsets and things go our way, but it is possible.
            North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by 7&7 View Post
              Yeah, so how is that going to work?
              Final Five- Sioux Jerseys?
              NCAA Tourney- green and white Notre Dame Jerseys?
              If the Sioux make the Final Five, they will definitely wear their Sioux Jerseys. If they make the NCAA Tournament, they have new jerseys that have been made for the team, but no one (other than a select few I suppose) knows what they look like at this point in time.
              North Dakota

Comment

How do you like your Beavers? Rah! Rah! Raw?!
                "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
                  How do you like your Beavers? Rah! Rah! Raw?!
                  In a trap...
                  Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                  Eric's Twitter
                  The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

I wonder how many skaters we'll have this weekend?
                    "My greatest achievement."
                    Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

I'm looking forward to a good series. As I Beaver fan I am thinking that ND pulls it out in 3 games. Does anyone know if they have a web stream for these games?

Comment

Last year it was UNO and UMD. Time to add UND to the list as I am sensing a pattern!

Gotta keep the faith, its playoff hockey!
                        Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                        FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                        NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                        NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                        NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                        NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                        Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                        Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by jdmaxim23 View Post
                          I'm looking forward to a good series. As I Beaver fan I am thinking that ND pulls it out in 3 games. Does anyone know if they have a web stream for these games?
                          fightingsiou***** will have a webstream. I believe you can get a month pass for 10.95, but then you have to make sure to cancel it after the series. Also, the games will be on TV through Fox College Sports and the Fighting Sioux Sports Network (via Midcontinent Communications). Further, the games are typically also on DirecTV (through Fox College Sports) on 617 or 623.
                          North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by darker98 View Post
                            I wonder how many skaters we'll have this weekend?
                            Eleventeen.
                            "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                            Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                            The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                            Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                              Nick Mattson spends the entire weekend taunting Danny Mattson for being the lesser Mattson and rejected by UND...
                              That's if he actually dresses. Danny has only played 22 of 36 games so far this season. I does look like has played as of late.
                              Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                              Eric's Twitter
                              The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Working...
                              X