PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin Hockey: Vol. XXI - For every dark night, there's a brighter day

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

Timothy A
03-22-2012, 04:09 PM
Did you mean Parise and Suter? Yeah, I get losers ;) like Vanek and Parise mixed up all the time. :O

mnstate0fhockey
03-22-2012, 04:12 PM
Yeah, I get losers ;) like Vanek and Parise mixed up all the time. :O

:)

I really hope the Wild land Suter, Parise, Schultz (or all of them). :D

Gurtholfin
03-22-2012, 06:00 PM
:)

I really hope the Wild land Suter, Parise, Schultz (or all of them). :D

Suter would look splendid in the Indianhead, just like his uncle did.

mnstate0fhockey
03-22-2012, 06:23 PM
Suter would look splendid in the Indianhead, just like his uncle did.

Think they'll pursue him? I'm not familiar with Chicago's cap situation.

I'm pretty sure the Wild will go after him hard, but I think he'll probably stay where he is.

markwojo
03-22-2012, 06:40 PM

I'm pretty sure the Wild will go after him hard, but I think he'll probably stay where he is.

I would think the Hawks would be extremely interested in Suter and could fit him into their cap. Realistically, they would need to subsequently move either Montador or Hjammerson or have a little to much tied up in D to fill out a balanced roster....but I doubt it would take long to move one for a decent return. The key will be if Suter wants to play in Chicago and if they could work out a frontloaded long term deal that keeps the cap hit closer to 6 million then 7 per.

Gurtholfin
03-22-2012, 07:18 PM

I would think the Hawks would be extremely interested in Suter and could fit him into their cap. Realistically, they would need to subsequently move either Montador or Hjammerson or have a little to much tied up in D to fill out a balanced roster....but I doubt it would take long to move one for a decent return. The key will be if Suter wants to play in Chicago and if they could work out a frontloaded long term deal that keeps the cap hit closer to 6 million then 7 per.

My wanting Suter with the Hawks is wishful thinking from everything I've read on the Hawks boards. Most of the capologists (which I am not) don't believe that the Hawks could swing it as Ryan will probably command 5.5-6.5 per. the Hawks already have Keith and Seabs in that neighborhood and how many top D can a team afford?

I guess if they moved Hjammer, it might work, but then they'd also have to get rid of a 2 mil D-man. Probably makes more sense to just keep what we have and maybe re-sign Oduya (sp?)

Would LOVE to have Suter, but can't see it without moving Seabrook, which I wouldn't want them to do. Loyalty you know!

ExileOnDaytonStreet
03-22-2012, 07:45 PM
Not Chicago. I want to continue to like and respect Suter.

Timothy A
03-23-2012, 12:18 PM
Not Chicago. I want to continue to like and respect Suter.

Not Minnesota. I want to continue to like and respect Suter.

ExileOnDaytonStreet
03-23-2012, 12:34 PM
I see what you did there ...

WisconsinWildcard
03-23-2012, 04:13 PM
My wanting Suter with the Hawks is wishful thinking from everything I've read on the Hawks boards. Most of the capologists (which I am not) don't believe that the Hawks could swing it as Ryan will probably command 5.5-6.5 per. the Hawks already have Keith and Seabs in that neighborhood and how many top D can a team afford?

I guess if they moved Hjammer, it might work, but then they'd also have to get rid of a 2 mil D-man. Probably makes more sense to just keep what we have and maybe re-sign Oduya (sp?)

Would LOVE to have Suter, but can't see it without moving Seabrook, which I wouldn't want them to do. Loyalty you know!

Detroit!! Especially if Lidstrom retires.

Almington
03-23-2012, 04:28 PM
Not Detroit. I want to continue to like and respect Suter.

Gurtholfin
03-23-2012, 05:46 PM
In other Suter news, Jake, cousin of Ryan, son of Gary, playing for Umass-Lowell right now against Miami.

LOVE missing the tourney so we can catch up on this other stuff! :rolleyes:

WisconsinWildcard
03-23-2012, 05:46 PM
Not Detroit. I want to continue to like and respect Suter.

Aww come on :) Do you still like and respect Brendan Smith? Or Rafalski?

Gurtholfin
03-23-2012, 05:48 PM
Aww come on :) Do you still like and respect Brendan Smith? Or Rafalski?

No, and no. :p

WisconsinWildcard
03-23-2012, 05:50 PM
In other Suter news, Jake, cousin of Ryan, son of Gary, playing for Umass-Lowell right now against Miami.

Now that you mention it, I do suspiciously see that the Badgers are missing from my bracket...weird

WisconsinWildcard
03-23-2012, 05:51 PM
No, and no. :p

Badger Alumnus > Petty NHL Hatred

Gurtholfin
03-23-2012, 07:36 PM
Badger Alumnus > Petty NHL Hatred

There is nothing at all petty about my NHL hatreds. :mad:

Since recognizing subtlety doesn't seem to be a strong suit for you, when you see a :p, or a ;), or a :eek: or even a :D, it's code that the poster may be joking in some way. ;)

NEWI Badger Fan
03-24-2012, 06:27 PM

The Winged Wheel would be an ideal choice. Also, the Wings will most likely lose Brad Stuart to a west coast team after this season.

Ryan Suter: Looks great in Red!

WisconsinWildcard
03-24-2012, 06:35 PM
There is nothing at all petty about my NHL hatreds. :mad:

Since recognizing subtlety doesn't seem to be a strong suit for you, when you see a :p, or a ;), or a :eek: or even a :D, it's code that the poster may be joking in some way. ;)

You are right. Subtlety is difficult as most of my posts drip with sarcasm. But I do not need to hide behind an emoticon ;) .......crap

solovsfett
03-25-2012, 09:24 PM

;) love seeing BC in the tourney every year with a chance to win it all (actually not)... whatever York is doing obviously is working in the old environment and the new. Coach Eaves take notes, there will be an exam at the mid-point of next season.