PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin Hockey: Vol. XXI - For every dark night, there's a brighter day

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51

Lalu38
10-12-2012, 10:41 PM
That was an ugly game by the badgers tonight. Not really much in the way of highlights, although Zengerle's effort on the PK without his stick was masterful.
Passing was awful. It seemed as if the condition of the ice was causing problems for both teams.

On the ridiculous side, what was up with having a video of the NMU band during breaks in the action, when the band was not there?

Chuck Schwartz
10-13-2012, 02:48 AM
That was an ugly game by the badgers tonight. Not really much in the way of highlights, although Zengerle's effort on the PK without his stick was masterful.
Passing was awful. It seemed as if the condition of the ice was causing problems for both teams.

On the ridiculous side, what was up with having a video of the NMU band during breaks in the action, when the band was not there?

The third period was ugly. There were some good things in the first two periods.

Zengerle's effort on the PK was another step in his development as a player.

Passing as a whole wasn't bad, passing around the blueline was TERRIBLE. Not sure if it was the ice.

NMU band video was hideous.

Lalu38
10-13-2012, 11:04 AM
In addition to the Badgers turning in a better performance, I am also hoping for a much better performance from our NE Wisconsin fan base. 3,000 in attendance, half of them NMU fans? The Resch Center seats around 9,000 for hockey.

Lets make it a sea of red tonight!

Badgerdude4
10-13-2012, 01:16 PM
What are your thoughts on who should be the subs for tonight? My guess is Zulinick for Paape, Peterson for Rumpel (to keep them both fresh), and Wittchow for either Drake or Schulze.

solovsfett
10-13-2012, 01:19 PM
**** poor performance by the "replacement" officials and Bucky.

yeah, I listened on the radio...not fun to continually start the season's with losses but let's see what happens in the next 3 series

Buck 'em
10-13-2012, 01:37 PM
I am also hoping for a much better performance from our NE Wisconsin fan base. 3,000 in attendance, half of them NMU fans?

Yeah, I was kinda shocked at the crappy turnout for Badger fans. The tickets were cheap, it's only 2 hours from Madison, and you could actually enjoy a nice malt beverage!

The 2 second video snippets of the NMU band were hilarious.

Gandalf the Red
10-13-2012, 02:42 PM
I wasn't overly impressed w/ the blue line. NMU had far too many in close looks last night. I want to see Big Eddie Wittchow tonite. Hit someone.

I thought the badgers looked fine until the 3rd, NMU took the momentum and skated w/ it.

UWisco
10-13-2012, 03:13 PM
+1 Gandalf, plus i believe we will see Zulinick on the ice tonight in addition to Wittchow (hopefully).

Chuck Schwartz
10-13-2012, 06:38 PM
If you want to talk about the game as it's going on, you can join us tonight in the live chat.

LINK (http://www.buckys5thquarter.com/wisconsin-badgers-mens-hockey/2012/10/13/3499354/wisconsin-vs-northern-michigan-saturday-night-live-blog)

solovsfett
10-13-2012, 09:16 PM
swept by the predicted 9th place ccha finisher in Green Bay, terrible. Ramage giveaway leads to the ENG for NMU.

I guess I don't know what to say in terms of looking for bright spots...the season is still young maybe?

bucky15
10-13-2012, 09:20 PM
Not going to do much of anything this year if we are being out scored 5-0 in the 3rd over a weekend.

Badger Booster
10-13-2012, 09:24 PM
So Northern Michigan takes 3 out of 4 games (all on Wisconsin soil) in two years. I know there has been a lot of drama off the ice, but series like this cannot happen. Unacceptable...

srkbadger
10-13-2012, 09:27 PM
As a long time supporter of UW hockey, this needs to improve. Another subpar year for this program is unacceptable. I'm sure Mike Eaves understands better than anyone the standards this program has, and that a repeat of the last two seasons should have consequences. It's fine we put players into the NHL, but I'd much rather the program be collecting hardware. We are not an NHL farm team.

solovsfett
10-13-2012, 09:27 PM
So Northern Michigan takes 3 out of 4 games (all on Wisconsin soil) in two years. I know there has been a lot of drama off the ice, but series like this cannot happen. Unacceptable...

thank you. it IS unacceptable I entirely agree with that.

however, ...on the bright side (yes I'm going to try for a minute to be OPTIMISTIC) there are 30 some games left so plenty of time for the kids to prove me/us wrong

Badgerdude4
10-13-2012, 09:56 PM
Well... That was a disappointing weekend. Getting really sick of having high expectations then being let down. I would've been fine losing a game, but to lose them both in the 3rd period, after having a pretty decent showing the the first 40 minutes is just a punch in the gut. Really hope to see some improvement soon.

sisu458
10-13-2012, 11:48 PM
swept by the predicted 9th place ccha finisher in Green Bay, terrible. Ramage giveaway leads to the ENG for NMU.

I guess I don't know what to say in terms of looking for bright spots...the season is still young maybe?

I can understand your frustration considering the resources UW has, but NMU is a consistently underrated program. NMU probably won't win the CCHA this year, but in the last 8 seasons it has been rare that they haven't finished in the final 4 of their conference tournament. Hey, and technically this series was "home" ice for us. :rolleyes:

It's a long season. No team can start drawing conclusions yet.

UW#1
10-14-2012, 12:47 PM
Does anyone think a run of poor results could have any impact on Kerdiles decision making if he gets a partial suspension?

ExileOnDaytonStreet
10-14-2012, 04:04 PM
Does anyone think a run of poor results could have any impact on Kerdiles decision making if he gets a partial suspension?

It can't help, but I'd wager that its more of a non-factor.

Went to Saturday's game. Can't say I'm too impressed with the defensive effort. They were allowing far too much penetration. The offense looks like we will see plenty of creativity, but perhaps not the discipline and poise when it comes to moving the puck without dumb turnovers that it takes to pull it off.

Chuck Schwartz
10-14-2012, 04:58 PM

No.

nmu_27
10-14-2012, 05:10 PM

I can't say whose idea that was, but there was a home football game this weekend and NMU only has one band, so they couldn't travel. Not having seen any of the clips, I hope they were better than nothing for an NMU 'home' game.