Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey: Vol. XXI - For every dark night, there's a brighter day

Mike Eaves was on 'On Wisconsin' with Brian Posick Tuesday and floated the idea of playing a future outdoor game at Miller Park.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
      Mike Eaves was on 'On Wisconsin' with Brian Posick Tuesday and floated the idea of playing a future outdoor game at Miller Park.
      Although I do plan on attending the outdoor game here in Chicago and I do like Miller Park, ENOUGH already!
      Operation Iraqi Freedom IV - FOB Falcon/FOB Loyalty - Baghdad, Iraq
      Operation Iraqi Freedom II - FOB Danger - Tikrit, Iraq
      Kosovo Force 4B - Camp Monteith - Gnjilane, Kosovo

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
        you know I actually like this idea (I'm generally bored w/the outdoor game novelty) for the one big reason that if that it should/could get Milwaukee and Southeastern Wisconsin into Badger hockey or at least MUCH MUCH more aware of it..particularly if it comes in the next 2-3 years on the heels of the Soldier Field game. Since it will be B10 years, it's probably unavoidable we won't be getting my personal dream match-up vs. Nodak (after having the rats this season) but one vs. a b10 team
        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dalangalang View Post
          Although I do plan on attending the outdoor game here in Chicago and I do like Miller Park, ENOUGH already!
          Get used to it. Wisconsin will play in one AT LEAST every four years. Eaves has said so 1,000 times in interviews.

Comment

*sigh*

Yeah, we should get used to it.

It is a fair question to ask: how much will this practice of really help us get a better profile with fans or help us with recruiting?
            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
              It is a fair question to ask: how much will this practice of really help us get a better profile with fans or help us with recruiting?
              As a fan, it isn't going to matter (unless they give up MORE home conference games to play them) compared to the on-ice results. Gimmicky out-door games will generate exposure, but they need to produce a winning team to capitalize off the attention.

Comment

Did anyone see this coming?

In a news release late Tuesday, Wisconsin confirmed Clark’s signing and also announced that senior goaltender Mitch Thompson (one career game played), sophomore defenseman Patrick Daly (11 career games) and sophomore forward Tyler Lapic (four games) have also left the program.

Read more: http://www.uscho.com/2012/07/17/wisc...#ixzz21O1iPPT1

I thought a lot of people were high on Lapic and Daly..

Comment

Originally posted by CLS-Hockey View Post

In a news release late Tuesday, Wisconsin confirmed Clark’s signing and also announced that senior goaltender Mitch Thompson (one career game played), sophomore defenseman Patrick Daly (11 career games) and sophomore forward Tyler Lapic (four games) have also left the program.

Daly? no. the rest? I believe Lapic and Clark leaving are not quite surprising, I mean if one considers the recruits coming in and attempts to forecast playing time, Lapic may have only seen 2-3 games per year, Clark? hard to tell in terms of playing time, he's not been healthy for an entire year @ UW
                  Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CLS-Hockey View Post

It's been known for quite a while that Lapic, Daly, and Thompson had left. It's just the first time UW confirmed it officially.

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
                      As a fan, it isn't going to matter (unless they give up MORE home conference games to play them) compared to the on-ice results. Gimmicky out-door games will generate exposure, but they need to produce a winning team to capitalize off the attention.
                      This! Exposure will only do so much for you, which isn't much IMHO. A 15 second headline and clip on Sports Center will not make or break a program.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                        This! Exposure will only do so much for you, which isn't much IMHO. A 15 second headline and clip on Sports Center will not make or break a program.
                        Bingo. You still need to have more than NHL alumni and a good football team to sell to recruits.
                        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ....rustle, rustle,...hrmph, hrmph, ssplllllaaaat. It's me, just starting to come out of summer hibernation.............
                          "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                            ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ....rustle, rustle,...hrmph, hrmph, ssplllllaaaat. It's me, just starting to come out of summer hibernation.............
                            On a personal note....MCR...I know your are a fellow lover of fishing esox...a few weeks ago we were in Canada for a week, the family caught lost of upper 30" pike, and a couple muskies, 53" and 42", our first ever. Of course I get the "small" one and the youngest son gets the big one . I lost 2 muskies, including a fish in the 50's, so I blew my chance on a pig . Also for any Madisonians, the perch bite has been awesome on Mendota this summer. It's great when you take a picture of a fish with the capitol in the backround. Get out and enjoy this awesome treasure. Now back to your regularly scheduled program.
                            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                              On a personal note....MCR...I know your are a fellow lover of fishing esox...a few weeks ago we were in Canada for a week, the family caught lost of upper 30" pike, and a couple muskies, 53" and 42", our first ever. Of course I get the "small" one and the youngest son gets the big one . I lost 2 muskies, including a fish in the 50's, so I blew my chance on a pig . Also for any Madisonians, the perch bite has been awesome on Mendota this summer. It's great when you take a picture of a fish with the capitol in the backround. Get out and enjoy this awesome treasure. Now back to your regularly scheduled program.
                              Congrats on the Muskies. They're all cool, but anything over 50" is a frickin' monster. Another thing about the perch, Mendota is so warm this year, the perch are already cooked!! Who needs a shore lunch when you can eat 'em in the boat.

NOW, back to regular programming.
                              "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

It's August 15th and I'm getting the hockey itch. The pros are at the KC skating, someone needs to sneak in and film them, and stick it on youtube.
                                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Working...
                                X