Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey: Vol. XXI - For every dark night, there's a brighter day

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    That pretty much sums up how I feel. I want to back the former UW boys, but I just can't associate with those people.
    I didn't know this but Wild owner Craig Leipold (who has been very active in team affairs) is a Racine, WI guy.
    Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
      I didn't know this but Wild owner Craig Leipold (who has been very active in team affairs) is a Racine, WI guy.
      Yes, he has a home (or homes) in Racine, but he is from Neenah, WI where he owned and started a few businesses. I think the only reason he has a Racine address is because his wife, Helen, is from Racine. Oh, did I forget to mention that Helen's maiden name is JOHNSON, as in S.C. Johnson?? CAH---CHING!! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

www.scjohnson.com
      Last edited by MadCityRich; 07-08-2012, 07:43 PM.
      "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Sorry to jump into the conversation late, but I have always thought of the Wild as a team that UMN, UW, UND, UMD, SCSU, Mankato, and Bemidji fans could come together to support. I think it is really cool that they now have representation from many of these schools on the roster now too.

I live in Milwaukee and a bunch of games are on TV here and there a bunch of Wild fans I know here. It's kinda cool IMO to have fans throughout the region, not just the state.
        Last edited by mnstate0fhockey; 07-08-2012, 09:09 PM.
        @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
        On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
        High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
          Sorry to jump into the conversation late, but I have always thought of the Wild as a team that UMN, UW, UND, UMD, SCSU, Mankato, and Bemidji fans could come together to support.

I have always thought of the Wild as a team that sucks.

Good to know they're the region's team though...

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
            Sorry to jump into the conversation late, but I have always thought of the Wild as a team that UMN, UW, UND, UMD, SCSU, Mankato, and Bemidji fans could come together to support. I think it is really cool that they now have representation from many of these schools on the roster now too.

I live in Milwaukee and a bunch of games are on TV here and there a bunch of Wild fans I know here. It's kinda cool IMO to have fans throughout the region, not just the state.
            I'm a Blackhawks fan and I would rather go to a Jets game than watch the ugliest shirts in hockey play at the xcel.
            "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
            Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
            The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
            Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

• Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
              I'm a Blackhawks fan and I would rather go to a Jets game than watch the ugliest shirts in hockey play at the xcel.
              To each his own I guess
              @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
              On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
              High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Was at MIA today and the team happened to be holding captain's ice. Watched about 10 minutes or so of a pretty wide open end-to-end scrimmage (no checking).

Looked like they were having fun and it'd be something to see hockey played at this level with no checking coz of the moves they can make when they have no fear of getting hit.

Rumpel was in the net closest to me and he made some jaw-dropping glove saves. Guys were laughing and shaking their heads and even banged their sticks on the ice in salute after one of them.

Comment

Good to hear the boys are in good spirits.
                  If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                    Was at MIA today and the team happened to be holding captain's ice. Watched about 10 minutes or so of a pretty wide open end-to-end scrimmage (no checking).

Looked like they were having fun and it'd be something to see hockey played at this level with no checking coz of the moves they can make when they have no fear of getting hit.

Rumpel was in the net closest to me and he made some jaw-dropping glove saves. Guys were laughing and shaking their heads and even banged their sticks on the ice in salute after one of them.
                    Feel free to keep your stalking skills sharp. I think I speak for everyone here by saying we'll take as much of this as we can get.

Wisconsin Hockey: October 6th can't get here soon enough.

PS...I'm sure you guys have heard by now, but if not...press conference Wednesday to announce the Hockey City Classic in Chicago between UW/Minnesota and Notre Dame/Miami.
                    Last edited by Chuck Schwartz; 07-10-2012, 03:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                      Feel free to keep your stalking skills sharp. I think I speak for everyone here by saying we'll take as much of this as we can get.

Wisconsin Hockey: October 6th can't get here soon enough.

PS...I'm sure you guys have heard by now, but if not...press conference Wednesday to announce the Hockey City Classic in Chicago between UW/Minnesota and Notre Dame/Miami.
                      Kind of funny hearing Chicago referred to as hockey city in terms of college hockey.

Is this Eaves idea? It sounds more like Alvarez to me. At least you're expected to recoup your gate income.
                      Go Gophers!

Comment

Oh this has Barry's fingerprints all over it.

And who knows if it will turn a profit... The Camp Randall game barely did.
                        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                          Oh this has Barry's fingerprints all over it.

And who knows if it will turn a profit... The Camp Randall game barely did.
                          I'm sure I'll end up going to the game, but I'm pretty worn out on outdoor games. I think the saturday season ticket holders really got the shaft too: No minnesota home game, UAH on a friday and PSU on a monday.

The outdoor games need to go into hibernation for awhile.
                          Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                          Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
                          Originally posted by UWisco
                          It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Hockey City? Chicago? Really????
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
                              I never thought the Blackhawks sweaters were that bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
                                I'm sure I'll end up going to the game, but I'm pretty worn out on outdoor games. I think the saturday season ticket holders really got the shaft too: No minnesota home game, UAH on a friday and PSU on a monday.

The outdoor games need to go into hibernation for awhile.
                                Well said. I agree completly.

Comment

Working...
                                X