PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin Hockey: Vol. XXI - For every dark night, there's a brighter day

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

Timothy A
09-21-2012, 12:40 PM
"To fill out the rest of the 34-game schedule, the Badgers have contracts to play home series with Alaska-Anchorage, Lake Superior State and Northern Michigan of the Western Collegiate Hockey Association, Colorado College of the National Collegiate Hockey Conference and NCAA independent Alabama-Huntsville.

UW also will play single games at Boston College and Boston University of the Hockey East Association and a series at Miami of Ohio of the NCHC."

I like the schedule and I like the fact they are playing UAH, that's good for them. I wouldn't mind seeing UW go to UAH for a series. It's a decent schedule, with 60% cupcakes and 40% steak.

Carter
09-21-2012, 01:35 PM
hell yeah, I'd buy these up in a minute.

1977 was the Theran Welsh led PP, correct? I'm forgetting now. The Shot and A Goal book has a nice chapter on the 77 team and tells how the UW PP that year ****ed off Herbie Brooks so much he said it was a pansy way to play! Badger Bob's philosophy then was "we'll play you even 5 on 5 and beat you on the PP"

1977 was the Norwich led power play, with Eaves and a freshman Mark Johnson. Something close to 40% success rate, and a wonder to behold.

Fighting Sioux 23
09-21-2012, 01:48 PM
Wisconsin's scheduling agreement with North Dakota has always been planned to start with the 2014 season. So the two teams will take one year off from playing each other (I don't know why).

Wisconsin will host North Dakota, Michigan Tech, and Boston University in 2014-15. They will also play single games @ Denver and @ CC.

In 2015-16, UW goes back to Grand Forks, and plays singles at BU/BC. They host Denver.

In 2016-17, UW hosts Boston College and North Dakota, and I would assume play singles at CC and Denver.

See the trend?

In between you're going to see a lot of teams mixed in, but if you see North Dakota, BU/BC, Denver, CC on your schedule every year in addition to the Big Ten schedule...it's hard not to be happy.

That's a pretty darn good schedule. Hosting two traditional powers in non-conference play every season is a pretty good setup.

Almington
09-21-2012, 02:49 PM
Wisconsin's scheduling agreement with North Dakota has always been planned to start with the 2014 season. So the two teams will take one year off from playing each other (I don't know why).

Wisconsin will host North Dakota, Michigan Tech, and Boston University in 2014-15. They will also play single games @ Denver and @ CC.

In 2015-16, UW goes back to Grand Forks, and plays singles at BU/BC. They host Denver.

In 2016-17, UW hosts Boston College and North Dakota, and I would assume play singles at CC and Denver.

See the trend?

In between you're going to see a lot of teams mixed in, but if you see North Dakota, BU/BC, Denver, CC on your schedule every year in addition to the Big Ten schedule...it's hard not to be happy.

Wouldn't surprise me if some of those NC games from 13-14 season are from existing contracts that just need to be carried over or teams that were willing to just have a one-off series for while UW waited for teams like UND and DU to clear out their existing contracts.

I like the thought of continuing to play MTU & NMU in Green Bay going forward also (provided that those teams and the Reich are willing) so I hope those games continue. I'd also like to see some games against UMD on occasion, but given UMD's desire to keep playing the other MN schools those series may be few and far between. Miami would also be a nice team to build a NC history with.

Chuck Schwartz
09-21-2012, 03:45 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if some of those NC games from 13-14 season are from existing contracts that just need to be carried over or teams that were willing to just have a one-off series for while UW waited for teams like UND and DU to clear out their existing contracts.

I like the thought of continuing to play MTU & NMU in Green Bay going forward also (provided that those teams and the Reich are willing) so I hope those games continue. I'd also like to see some games against UMD on occasion, but given UMD's desire to keep playing the other MN schools those series may be few and far between. Miami would also be a nice team to build a NC history with.

Agreed on all fronts.

SCSU Euro
09-21-2012, 07:18 PM
Just wish Eaves didn't have such a terrible record at the NHC or we would get to go to Mad-town more often

solovsfett
09-22-2012, 04:55 PM
The roster is up including frosh on uwbadgers.com - http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/m-hockey/mtt/wis-m-hockey-mtt.html

Zulinick w/Heater's old number!

UWisco
09-22-2012, 10:06 PM
Back to the hockey season and I havn't seen a TV schedule. I know a couple away game will be on NBC sports network and MINN games will be on BTN or FSN. Anybody have info on the other games.

Chuck Schwartz
09-24-2012, 12:50 AM
Back to the hockey season and I havn't seen a TV schedule. I know a couple away game will be on NBC sports network and MINN games will be on BTN or FSN. Anybody have info on the other games.

Nov. 16th @ Minnesota--FSN North + (likely picked up on FSWisconsin, no Bucks game that night)
Nov. 17th @ Minnesota--Big Ten Netowrk
Nov. 30th @ Denver--NBC Sports Network
Feb. 1st @ North Dakota--Fox College Sports (I think) Midco Sports Net (Local in North Dakota only)
Feb. 2nd @ North Dakota--Fox College Sports (I think) Midco Sports Net (Local in North Dakota only)
Feb. 15th vs Minnesota--FSN North (likely on FSWisconsin, no Bucks game that night)
Feb. 17th vs Minnesota @ Soldier Field--Big Ten Network
Mar. 1 @ Nebraska Omaha--NBC Sports Network

That's what we know so far. Home TV schedule should be coming out soon. Last year I think all but 1 series was on TV, so I would expect the same this year (edit: who am I kidding, don't expect anything).

Here's how I see the rest of the TV schedule playing out:

Nov. 2/3 vs CC--Local TV
Nov. 23 vs Minnesota State--FS Wisconsin
Nov. 24 vs Minnesota State--Local
Dec. 7 vs Tech--Local
Dec. 8 vs Tech--FS Wisconsin
Dec. 13/14 vs Huntsville--Likely no TV, although FS Wisconsin is open on Friday
Jan. 18 vs Miami--FS Wisconsin
Jan. 19 vs Miami--Local
Jan. 25/26 vs Anchorage--Local
Feb. 8 vs Bemidji--FS Wisconsin
Feb. 9 vs Bemidji--Local
Feb. 24/25 vs Penn State--Could be a mixture of Local/Big Ten Network/FS Wisconsin, or nothing (Sun/Mon series)
Mar. 3 vs St. Cloud--FS Wisconsin
Mar. 4 vs St. Cloud--Local

That's obviously a guess, but all games listed as 'Local' have conflicts with the Bucks so FS Wisconsin is out of the question. Would expect the Big Ten Network to jump in on a few of these home games as well, especially that Penn State series.

badgerhawk
09-24-2012, 08:30 PM
Nov. 16th @ Minnesota--FSN North + (likely picked up on FSWisconsin, no Bucks game that night)
Nov. 17th @ Minnesota--Big Ten Netowrk
Nov. 30th @ Denver--NBC Sports Network
Feb. 1st @ North Dakota--Fox College Sports (I think) Midco Sports Net (Local in North Dakota only)
Feb. 2nd @ North Dakota--Fox College Sports (I think) Midco Sports Net (Local in North Dakota only)
Feb. 15th vs Minnesota--FSN North (likely on FSWisconsin, no Bucks game that night)
Feb. 17th vs Minnesota @ Soldier Field--Big Ten Network
Mar. 1 @ Nebraska Omaha--NBC Sports Network

That's what we know so far. Home TV schedule should be coming out soon. Last year I think all but 1 series was on TV, so I would expect the same this year (edit: who am I kidding, don't expect anything).

Here's how I see the rest of the TV schedule playing out:

Nov. 2/3 vs CC--Local TV
Nov. 23 vs Minnesota State--FS Wisconsin
Nov. 24 vs Minnesota State--Local
Dec. 7 vs Tech--Local
Dec. 8 vs Tech--FS Wisconsin
Dec. 13/14 vs Huntsville--Likely no TV, although FS Wisconsin is open on Friday
Jan. 18 vs Miami--FS Wisconsin
Jan. 19 vs Miami--Local
Jan. 25/26 vs Anchorage--Local
Feb. 8 vs Bemidji--FS Wisconsin
Feb. 9 vs Bemidji--Local
Feb. 24/25 vs Penn State--Could be a mixture of Local/Big Ten Network/FS Wisconsin, or nothing (Sun/Mon series)
Mar. 3 vs St. Cloud--FS Wisconsin
Mar. 4 vs St. Cloud--Local

That's obviously a guess, but all games listed as 'Local' have conflicts with the Bucks so FS Wisconsin is out of the question. Would expect the Big Ten Network to jump in on a few of these home games as well, especially that Penn State series.

Dish Network better get a deal worked out with the BTN soon. :mad::mad:

mnstate0fhockey
09-24-2012, 08:33 PM
Dish Network better get a deal worked out with the BTN soon. :mad::mad:

“@GopherPuckLive: Looks like I will be keeping @dish since they came to a long term agreement with @BigTenNetwork”

badgerhawk
09-25-2012, 07:34 PM
“@GopherPuckLive: Looks like I will be keeping @dish since they came to a long term agreement with @BigTenNetwork”

That's good to hear. Glad to know I had an influence on Dish ;) Now I hope the NFL and the refs come to an agreement.

Timothy A
09-25-2012, 08:42 PM
I didn't know Randy Schmidt ended up getting a job as side judge in the NFL......:(

Chuck Schwartz
09-25-2012, 09:56 PM
Inquired about the TV schedule yesterday and was told that they don't know when it will be released. Sooo...yeah that's all I've got right now.

Gandalf the Red
09-26-2012, 11:46 AM
I didn't know Randy Schmidt ended up getting a job as side judge in the NFL......:(

WCHA is probably the only league where replacement refs would be a significant improvement.

Timothy A
09-26-2012, 12:32 PM
WCHA is probably the only league where replacement refs would be a significant improvement.

LOL.

So, 1st Star gets the 2nd most votes for all WCHA F, Kerdiles gets 2nd most votes for ROTY, Rumpel gets the 4th most votes for all WCHA goalie honors and overall UW is pegged for 4th in the league. I would be satisfied with 4th.

I saw somewhere where it said Kerdiles was skating with 1st Star on the Captain's practices. I can't recall the other F on that line.

Chuck Schwartz
09-26-2012, 04:04 PM
LOL.

So, 1st Star gets the 2nd most votes for all WCHA F, Kerdiles gets 2nd most votes for ROTY, Rumpel gets the 4th most votes for all WCHA goalie honors and overall UW is pegged for 4th in the league. I would be satisfied with 4th.

I saw somewhere where it said Kerdiles was skating with 1st Star on the Captain's practices. I can't recall the other F on that line.

Barnes.

jwilli
09-27-2012, 08:57 AM
Say, Chuck -

Your Bucky's 5th Quarter Hockey link is broken. What's up with that???

Chuck Schwartz
09-27-2012, 11:57 AM
Say, Chuck -

Your Bucky's 5th Quarter Hockey link is broken. What's up with that???

For some reason with our new changes this week, the address changed to: http://www.buckys5thquarter.com/wisconsin-badgers-mens-hockey

As always you can access the hockey articles by typing in buckyhockey.com For some reason I had to clear my history/cookies after the change to get buckyhockey.com to direct me to the new link. You may have to do the same.

Timothy A
09-27-2012, 12:37 PM
Barnes.

That's what I thought I saw...Kerdiles is going to have every chance to rack up some major points if he skates with these 2. And he will make Barnes and 1st Star better too from a set-up standpoint. One would assume that will also be a pp unit. I'm hoping for 1989-1990 Shuchuk (80 pts) / Tancill (71 pts) / Sagissor (47 pts) numbers. :O