Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey: Vol. XXI - For every dark night, there's a brighter day

Being at the beginning of the season, I don't have as much of an issue with it. Gives the fans a chance to see the team ASAP to start the year, since the first "home" series won't be until November. For people not making the trip to GB for the Northern series, gives a little preview of the 12/13 version of the team against a real opponent (not a scrimmage).

I do agree that the price should be reduced though, and not part of the season ticket package. Sell them for $10 and I bet the Kohl is pretty full for it. While I'm not excited about the St Cloud series' venue, happy the price is down at $14. The Dane will be full.
    Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
    Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
    Originally posted by UWisco
    It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

When will tix for the Cloud series come out?
      tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Typically. single game tickets for the first half of the season go on sale the second week of September. Second half single game tickets are held until early November, as I recall.

Comment

The "Friday" Face-Off series officially has the USNTDP exhibition on a Saturday, the Thursday UAH game, the Sunday Penn St game and no SCSU.

The "Saturday" Slap Shot series has two fewer games (due to not having an exhibition game or a Minnesota game), the Friday UAH game and the Monday Penn State game. Again, no SCSU game.
          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by jwilli View Post
            Typically. single game tickets for the first half of the season go on sale the second week of September. Second half single game tickets are held until early November, as I recall.
            I was just wondering if they were gonna come out any earlier bc it wasnt at the Kohl Center
            tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

No exact date was given on the season ticket form for the games at the Colisium. Only that tickets would be available first to Season Ticket Holders and Donors for $14 and ticket ordering information would be upcoming. $14 was the cost of the games during the final season (97-98) at the Colisium.

Comment

Great to see John Byce on the USCHO front page in the classic UW jersey, which I prefer to what they are wearing now.

$14.00 for the St. Clown series is cheap! What is wrong with BA anyway? I thought he'd charge more to make up for the difference in seating capacity. How many seats is he losing, like 5,000 per game? That WIAA contract must be a very, very lucrative deal for UW.
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

A few thoughts:

It isn't a surprise that the PSU series is on Sunday/Monday, I expect that both of these games will be on the BTN. I'd get used to the idea of having at least one BT home and a way series end up as a Sunday/Monday to fill time on the BTN.

I think that it is fitting that the final WCHA series will be played at the Colosseum, give the importance of that place in building the UW program and it's history in the WCHA. It wouldn't surprise me if UW did tell the WCHA the dates that they didn't want home games, but got them anyway just to spite UW. I don't hold the WCHA in very high regards and could see them doing something like that to be spiteful.

I like playing the NTDP, if nothing else is is a free recruiting trip for any uncommitted players that UW might be interested in and it gives players who normally don't play a chance to get on the ice. Better than playing a Canadian University or foreign national team, IMHO. No exhibition game should have the same price as a regular season game (but I don't expect the AD to change that ever).
                  Last edited by Almington; 05-30-2012, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                    Great to see John Byce on the USCHO front page in the classic UW jersey, which I prefer to what they are wearing now.
                    Thanks for pointing this out, as I don't read the front page (seriously). I was also surprised to read he was the last guy to do it. One of his goals tied the record for quickest goal in a Stanley Cup Finals game, I believe. I remember checking the box scores in the paper every night to see if he had scored with the Bruins that year (since the games were not on TV).

/thispostshouldbeinthealumniforum
                    Last edited by jen; 06-01-2012, 07:09 AM.

Comment

Freshmen numbers: Kerdiles (10), Zulinick (15), Wittchow (22), Schulze (28). No word on a number for the new tender yet.

Comment

Why is there a need to carry 3 goalies for practicing? Any sort of scrimmage means one either rides the pine the whole time or if they rotate the quality guys are getting gypped on ice time, which could hurt their development. Any thoughts?
                        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                          Why is there a need to carry 3 goalies for practicing? Any sort of scrimmage means one either rides the pine the whole time or if they rotate the quality guys are getting gypped on ice time, which could hurt their development. Any thoughts?
                          It is not about playing in a scrimmage. The third goalie keeps the other two on their towns and gives them a breather and keeps the top two away from injury. Arguably the goalie position is the most taxing position on the team.
                          Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                          dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                          wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Not to mention if a goalie gets hurt during the season you'd be down to one goalie. I don't think you'd ever want to only have 2 goalies on a roster.

Comment

Re: Goalies

Not to mention that very little practice is going to be full ice, 5 on 5 type stuff.

I would guess that there is a lot of station work along with small area work.

With 20+ skaters, I'm sure there's plenty of work for 3 goalies.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                                Re: Goalies

Not to mention that very little practice is going to be full ice, 5 on 5 type stuff.

I would guess that there is a lot of station work along with small area work.

With 20+ skaters, I'm sure there's plenty of work for 3 goalies.
                                Three weirdos are more fun than two.

Comment

Working...
                                X