PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin Hockey: Vol. XXI - For every dark night, there's a brighter day

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

Timothy A
08-17-2012, 12:25 PM
Andy Baggot indicated via Twitter tonight that the Badgers have added forward Spencer Bell (http://www.mnhockeyhub.com/roster_players/659329) from Maple Grove, MN as a walk-on to take Jason Clark's spot this season. It appears he is coming straight out of high school.

From reading Baggott's article, he kind of lucked into getting Clark's roster spot (timing is everything, they say...), good luck to Spencer and welcome to the Cardinal and White family.

So how many days til the first official practice?

Almington
08-17-2012, 12:50 PM
From reading Baggott's article, he kind of lucked into getting Clark's roster spot (timing is everything, they say...), good luck to Spencer and welcome to the Cardinal and White family.

As someone who has a UW engineering degree, given that he wants to do BME and passed on playing D3 to focus on academics, I'd be shocked if he is on the team for more than 2 years.

d3hockey57
08-17-2012, 01:28 PM

So how many days til the first official practice?

Any info on Spencer?

Timothy A
08-17-2012, 03:38 PM
As someone who has a UW engineering degree, given that he wants to do BME and passed on playing D3 to focus on academics, I'd be shocked if he is on the team for more than 2 years.

I agree 100%. He's the 15th guy so they can have even lines in practice provided everyone is healthy.

Last yr he scores 19 goals in 30 games.

On an semi-related note....I see the new rink's seats are aluminum bleacher style with aluminum backs. I wonder why cheapass Barry didn't go with theater type seats. That's gonna disappoint a lot of older fans.

Gurtholfin
08-17-2012, 03:46 PM
On an semi-related note....I see the new rink's seats are aluminum bleacher style with aluminum backs. I wonder why cheapass Barry didn't go with theater type seats. That's gonna disappoint a lot of older fans.

Is nothing that Uncle Bear Bear does good enough!?!

As to last part, simple, don't be old.

:D

Almington
08-17-2012, 04:25 PM
I agree 100%. He's the 15th guy so they can have even lines in practice provided everyone is healthy.

It's more so that they can practice with 4 lines when three guys are down with nagging injuries during the season

If he just stays for a season or two, adding this player isn't going to do anything to help even out the classes.

Timothy A
08-18-2012, 07:02 AM
Is nothing that Uncle Bear Bear does good enough!?!

In regards to hockey, no. I wonder how much HE donated to the project? It couldn't have cost that much to put the right seats on the building. Hell, they could have put theater seats in parts of the building and upcharged for them. I can't believe he passed up an opportunity to make more money. :eek:

ExileOnDaytonStreet
08-20-2012, 10:36 PM
In regards to hockey, no. I wonder how much HE donated to the project? It couldn't have cost that much to put the right seats on the building. Hell, they could have put theater seats in parts of the building and upcharged for them. I can't believe he passed up an opportunity to make more money. :eek:

He put in the cheaper seats so it would be cheaper to convert it to a basketball arena with "correct" sight lines. ;D

Gurtholfin
08-20-2012, 11:02 PM
He put in the cheaper seats so it would be cheaper to convert it to a basketball arena with "correct" sight lines. ;D

Actually for arena football which Barry is secretly pushing for at the college level through B1G back channels and we all know that what Barry wants, Barry gets. :D

willythekid
08-23-2012, 03:08 PM
In case anyone is interested in what Wisco's favorite deer lover has been up to...
Superior Telegram (http://www.superiortelegram.com/event/article/id/240880/group/News/publisher_ID/36/)

Gurtholfin
08-23-2012, 03:26 PM
In case anyone is interested in what Wisco's favorite deer lover has been up to...
Superior Telegram (http://www.superiortelegram.com/event/article/id/240880/group/News/publisher_ID/36/)

Fargo?

#LifeFail

willythekid
08-23-2012, 03:34 PM
Fargo?

#LifeFail

Fargo is plenty safe... I would think that would be attractive to a man like you who is scared of frightening places like downtown Minneapolis.

Gurtholfin
08-23-2012, 09:57 PM
Fargo is plenty safe... I would think that would be attractive to a man like you who is scared of frightening places like downtown Minneapolis.

Yeah, I'm a little embarrassed that i listened to a couple of people who told me that it's changed for the worse - it hasn't. That's why I asked the people who actually live there. At the end of the day though, I'll get over it.

At the end of your day? ...you'll still be going nighty-night in Fargo.

*shudder*

ExileOnDaytonStreet
08-23-2012, 10:16 PM
Fargo: Come for the annual flooding, Stay because your car is underwater.

Badgers1
08-29-2012, 01:23 PM
Just got the email for purchasing tickets for the games at the Colisium and Soldier Field. Ouch on the ticket prices for Solider Field $75 and $65/ticket. I got to think that will keep some fans away.

mnstate0fhockey
08-29-2012, 01:34 PM
Just got the email for purchasing tickets for the games at the Colisium and Soldier Field. Ouch on the ticket prices for Solider Field $75 and $65/ticket. I got to think that will keep some fans away.

I'd pay $500 to go to that game at Soldier. I'd pay a small fortune if the game were at TCF Bank.

Chuck Schwartz
08-29-2012, 01:46 PM

Can you forward me that e-mail chuckschwartz (at) live (dot) com

Gandalf the Red
08-29-2012, 03:08 PM
The novelty of the outdoor game has worn off on me. If it wasn't a doubleheader and the badger weren't playing minnesota I probably wouldn't go, but I have friends in chicagoland and it will be a fun day of hockey.

Everyday is a fun day of hockey, when there is hockey, but everday is definitely a great day for hockey.

icebadger
08-29-2012, 03:50 PM
Just got the email for purchasing tickets for the games at the Colisium and Soldier Field. Ouch on the ticket prices for Solider Field $75 and $65/ticket. I got to think that will keep some fans away.It will keep me away. The novelty hasn't really worn off for me when it comes to the Badgers playing outdoors. I went to Lambeau and Camp Randall for those games and I was thinking about Soldier Field too, but these high ticket prices combined with the traffic, inevitably higher prices for parking, food, etc. has me saying 'no' this year.

Carter
08-29-2012, 04:22 PM
It will keep me away. The novelty hasn't really worn off for me when it comes to the Badgers playing outdoors. I went to Lambeau and Camp Randall for those games and I was thinking about Soldier Field too, but these high ticket prices combined with the traffic, inevitably higher prices for parking, food, etc. has me saying 'no' this year.

Ditto. I was thinking about it, but not looking forward to traffic, prices, etc. When I see those ticket prices, no way. I have a feeling the crowd will be far less than anticipated.