This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    540 carries all/most Badger hockey games, although it has been pre-empted in the past.

It's kind of a shame that they never talk about Badger hockey (despite broadcasting it), but it's Milwaukee. I wanted to watch the USA-Canada gold medal game from a bar, but I couldn't find one that said they'd have it on. Not wanting to be the guy that goes to a bar and try to singlehandedly get a TV tuned to a specific channel, I just watched from home.
    I agree. I live in Milwaukee and would love to see them cover the sport even a little bit more. Not holding my breathe though.
    @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
    On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
    High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey: Vol. XXI - For every dark night, there's a brighter day

Baggot had the following of Kerdiles yesterday from Red Line Report:

"A frustrating enigma. Until (the) gold medal game we were ready to write him off as an 'all-tools, no toolbox' type. Then he showed up to play with passion for a change and was the best player on (the) ice, simply a dominant force who took over the game offensively. Has very good size/strength, an athletic body and skates well. Can finish checks hard. But 90 percent of the time is invisible and an extremely inconsistent competitor. Like Jekyll and Hyde -- you never know which guy will show up.''

This is the first time I've heard this about Kerdiles, usually the reports I've read have been the opposite: he is consistently one of the best players on the ice. Maybe he had a bad tournament up to the gold medal game, but dominated when it counted. Really looking forward to this kid in Madison this season no matter what any scouting report says.
      Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
      Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
      Originally posted by UWisco
      It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Yeap...haven't heard the negative vibe about Kerdiles before either. My impression was he had a very good year with the U18 and that he might be a guy that suprises a bit in the draft as a guy that slides up in the end. I was VERY impressed by him in the exhibition game against the Badgers. In the end, all the recruiting accolades and opinoins of the pundits matter little...the truth will be there for all to see on the ice in a few short months...my guess is he will be a very good college player immediately.

Comment

Zengerle is finally going to have a guy who fills the net (consistently) after he makes something happen with the puck. I'm hoping those two are together, with LeBate or Mersch on the LW.

It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
            Baggot had the following of Kerdiles yesterday from Red Line Report:

"A frustrating enigma. Until (the) gold medal game we were ready to write him off as an 'all-tools, no toolbox' type. Then he showed up to play with passion for a change and was the best player on (the) ice, simply a dominant force who took over the game offensively. Has very good size/strength, an athletic body and skates well. Can finish checks hard. But 90 percent of the time is invisible and an extremely inconsistent competitor. Like Jekyll and Hyde -- you never know which guy will show up.''

This is the first time I've heard this about Kerdiles, usually the reports I've read have been the opposite: he is consistently one of the best players on the ice. Maybe he had a bad tournament up to the gold medal game, but dominated when it counted. Really looking forward to this kid in Madison this season no matter what any scouting report says.
            Red Line has been consistently down on Kerdiles the entire season. I'm not worried one bit. When the IIHF didn't allow Matteau and Galchenyuk play, that left Kerdiles as USA's clear cut #1 option offensively so it was easy for teams to know who they had to stop. I think it's pretty unfair to say that he didn't do anything until the gold medal game either. He had a goal in the opener against Finland and was 8-2 on faceoffs. In the second game against the Czech's he had a goal and an assist. In the third game against Denmark he had an assist and was named Team USA's best player. Didn't have a point in the two Canada games and then exploded for 2 goals and 3 assists against Sweden (should have been 4 assists they missed one).

I know personally I couldn't be worried less. Sometimes these publications just need to be different to sell subscriptions.

Comment

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
              Zengerle is finally going to have a guy who fills the net (consistently) after he makes something happen with the puck. I'm hoping those two are together, with LeBate or Mersch on the LW.
              This is scary. IMO, Zengerle was the best playmaking forward in the league last season. I always thought it was too bad that he didn't have a pure scorer to play with because they would light up the scoresheet. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how one looks at it), North Dakota and Wisconsin only play twice this season. If Zengerle gets that pure scorer as predicted, Wisconsin is going to be a very good team next season.
              North Dakota
              National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

http://espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs/2012...irardi-pairing

Article on McD (and Dan Girardi), including a quick video interview with Stepan talking about McD.
                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                  This is scary. IMO, Zengerle was the best playmaking forward in the league last season. I always thought it was too bad that he didn't have a pure scorer to play with because they would light up the scoresheet. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how one looks at it), North Dakota and Wisconsin only play twice this season. If Zengerle gets that pure scorer as predicted, Wisconsin is going to be a very good team next season.
                  I think all of us are looking forward to these positive outcomes you speak of. Tyler Barnes is a fine player, but Zengerle needs a little more talent to compliment him. Overall, the Badgers are going to have 4 very solid lines next season, which has been lacking the past few years. That means a couple forwards who played last year sit, but hopefully more are hungry to get into that linemate and push each other.

I'm itching for Badger hockey, the weekend at the Resch Center can't get here soon enough.

Comment

Quick article on Justin Schultz from ProHockeyTalk.

Nothing new, but some nice praises from Coach Eaves.

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                      I agree. Wisconsin could definately finish in the top half of the conference this year.

Comment

As was rumored, the UW/PSU hockey non-con series in Madison will be Sunday/Monday (7PM) Feb 24/25 due to conflicts at the Kohl Center. Full schedule will be released tomorrow.

Comment

Sunday/Monday?

Now that's something that never used to happen. What are we backseat to now?

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                            Sunday/Monday?

Now that's something that never used to happen. What are we backseat to now?
                            It was one of the concessions that UW had to give up to keep the WIAA state tournaments in Madison. The state wrestling tournament is scheduled at the Kohl Center for that weekend. Not sure what the schedule makers were doing scheduling a home hockey series for that weekend given they knew that wrestling is always here that weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                              As was rumored, the UW/PSU hockey non-con series in Madison will be Sunday/Monday (7PM) Feb 24/25 due to conflicts at the Kohl Center. Full schedule will be released tomorrow.
                              The least UW could do was make that series optional for season ticket holders. I live in madison, but I know people like 60 and wojo who come in, especially for Saturday games, and there is no real reason to be in madison on a Monday in february. School night, work night, etc.

Just my 2 cents.

Going to green bay tomorrow night for game 5 of the Clark Cup finals. Excited to see Eddie Wittchow play and a champion crowned.

Comment

Yeah...a Monday night will be tough. If we drag the kids along, it would not be the first dubious (at least to non-hockey folks) parenting decision when it relates to hockey. Otherwise it is a bit of a challange finding a sitter on a school night AND a couple that want's to make the hour drive where we are getting home at 10:30ish. Might just have to make it into a boys night....although the night life in Madison on a Monday night is probably not all that great relative to a Sat night.

Comment

Working...
                                X