Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey: Vol. XXI - For every dark night, there's a brighter day

JDUBBS in this thread is like UMD fans when it comes to the UND nickname - apparently he's compelled to come in here for no good reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
      JDUBBS in this thread is like UMD fans when it comes to the UND nickname - apparently he's compelled to come in here for no good reason.
      Awesome job fanning the flames. If he starts posting here again, blame yourself.
      @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
      On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
      High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
        apparently he's compelled to come in here for no good reason.
        Not coincidentally, that's also how rape works.
        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Yet, I don't need to make personal attacks to make my points

And FYI - This is a message board, not private property. I think I have as much right to participate in this thread as anyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
            Yet, I don't need to make personal attacks to make my points

And FYI - This is a message board, not private property. I think I have as much right to participate in this thread as anyone else.
            This message board IS private property, we all use it the discretion of the site's owners. You have no "right" to post, you certainly are not contributing to this thread in a positive way.

From USCHO fan forum posting guidelines Link:

“Troll” posts will be deleted. If a post is intended for honest discussion, it will be allowed, but if the point is merely to generate anger and hostility in other posters, it will be removed. All decisions regarding these posts will be made at the discretion of the Fan Forum Administrative staff.

USCHO also reserves the right to deny any user his or her posting privileges after any violation of these rules or a problem that may arise but which is not specifically covered by these rules.

Comment

Trying once again to get back to Wisconsin hockey, Mike Eaves contract extended today through the summer of 2017. Always reassuring in regards to recruiting, well...at least that he won't be getting fired any time soon (not that he would have).

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                Trying once again to get back to Wisconsin hockey, Mike Eaves contract extended today through the summer of 2017. Always reassuring in regards to recruiting, well...at least that he won't be getting fired any time soon (not that he would have).
                Is that an automatic extension (every year the school has the option to add another year to the contract) or is it something that they negotiate every 2 years (or so)?

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
                  Is that an automatic extension (every year the school has the option to add another year to the contract) or is it something that they negotiate every 2 years (or so)?
                  Wish I had a better answer but I think you're right with the first one. The press release is very vague from the school.

MADISON, Wis. -- The UW Athletic Board met Friday afternoon and approved the following recommendations of the UW Department of Athletics regarding contracts for winter/spring sports head coaches:

Men’s hockey coach Mike Eaves’ five-year contract was extended through June 30, 2017.
                  Women’s hockey coach Mark Johnson’s five-year contract was extended through June 30, 2017.
                  Men’s basketball coach Bo Ryan’s five-year contract was extended through May 31, 2017.
                  Women’s basketball coach Bobbie Kelsey’s five year contract was extended through May 31, 2017.
                  Wrestling coach Barry Davis’s three-year contract was extended through May 31, 2015.
                  Men’s and women’s swimming and diving coach Whitney Hite’s one-year contract was extended through June 14, 2013.

Comment

Wish I had a better answer but I think you're right with the first one. The press release is very vague from the school.
                    I was just curious, because it seems that they make this announcement after every season. I wonder how much his compensation increases each year.

Comment

I was just curious, because it seems that they make this announcement after every season. I wonder how much his compensation increases each year.
                      If we really wanted to, I suppose we could file a freedom of information (or whatever it's called) since it is a public institution.

Comment

If we really wanted to, I suppose we could file a freedom of information (or whatever it's called) since it is a public institution.
                        I wonder if they would just give it to us if we asked. A FOIA request seems like a disproportional effort to my level of interest.

Comment

I wonder if they would just give it to us if we asked. A FOIA request seems like a disproportional effort to my level of interest.
                          Eaves was $229,511 in 2008-09. I'm sure it's up around $250k now in base salary (not including private funds and perks).

Comment

If my memory serves me correctly, the extensions have typically been 1 or 2 years in recent years. This time it was 5 years and I haven't heard a reason for the change.
                            Randy Schmidt should be / has been fired.
                            Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
                            sigpic
                            Donate

Wisconsin Hockey: "When you say WISCONSIN, you've said it all!"
                            1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006

Circle, circle, dot, dot, dot...

Comment

Originally posted by icebadger View Post
                              If my memory serves me correctly, the extensions have typically been 1 or 2 years in recent years. This time it was 5 years and I haven't heard a reason for the change.
                              I don't think it was a five year extension, I think it was a 1 year extension on his five year contract. I was confused as well.

Comment

Originally posted by icebadger View Post

To crush my soul?

I kid, I kid...

Comment

Working...
                                X