Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey: Vol. XXI - For every dark night, there's a brighter day

Originally posted by Almington View Post
    I believe that we get UAA/MSUM as a pair next year.
    This is correct.

Comment

I believe that we get UAA/MSUM as a pair next year.
      Wow, what a fun way to end the WCHA...

The positive thing, they better feast off of those teams. I see no reason why both of them won't be bottom feeders, again, and UW needs to capitalize on that in the standings.
      Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
      Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
      Originally posted by UWisco
      It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post

The positive thing, they better feast off of those teams. I see no reason why both of them won't be bottom feeders, again, and UW needs to capitalize on that in the standings.
        MSUM won't be a cake walk next year.
        @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
        On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
        High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post

Anchorage will probably suck again, but it wouldn't surprise me if the purple mavs finished anywhere from 5-8. All depends on goaltending with them but they are going to be much improved and have a solid recruiting class coming in.

Comment

I know that this is really about fan perceptions (which doesn't mean anything) and not about anything that happens in the rink (which means everything).

I know that last year was last year, a lot of us (myself included) are more down about the team than we should be and that we all should expect better this year.

All that in mind... don't we need to be out of the cellar before we start thinking about other teams as being bottom feeders for us as fans to take for granted?
            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
              But that doesn't matter. Kids leave all the time when they haven't had great seasons. Calgary just signed junior David Eddy out of St. Cloud...I bet half of the fans in the league don't know who David Eddy is. Beau Bennett played like 10 games as a sophomore for DU this year and he just signed with Pittsburgh today.

Ramage is still a risk to leave and obviously has an opportunity to go. Maybe I'm crazy (very likely), but to me it's news when the team captain is deciding between returning for his senior season or signing with Calgary and tells the local beat writer that it looks like he'll probably return.
              Bennett was the Pens #1 pick and his twitter bio basically said 2 years at DU and then was gone. Personally I was hoping another year at DU. Beau had a 4.0 last quarter so the academics were not a problem. Draw of the NHL and $$$ hard to beat.
              GO DU !!!

Comment

2012-13 Tentative Wisconsin Hockey Schedule

OCTOBER

12/13--@ Northern Michigan (Resch Center)
                19/20--Miami (?)
                26/27--@ Minnesota-Duluth

NOVEMBER

2/3--Colorado College
                9/10--
                16/17--@ Minnesota
                23/24--Minnesota State
                30/1--@ Denver

DECEMBER

7/8--Michigan Tech
                14/15--
                21/22--
                28/29--Lake Superior State (?)

JANUARY

4/5--@ Alaska Anchorage
                11/12--@ Minnesota State
                18/19--
                25/26--Alaska Anchorage

FEBRUARY

1/2--@ North Dakota
                8/9--Bemidji State
                15/17--Minnesota (Friday Kohl Center, Sunday @ Soldier Field)

22/23--Penn State

MARCH

1/2--@ Nebraska Omaha
                8/9--St. Cloud State

That's what we've got so far at this point of the off-season. We're fairly certain that the WCHA schedule is 100% accurate. The Penn State series could be moved to a Saturday/Sunday series due to potential conflicts with the WIAA State Tournaments at the Kohl Center.

The only real question marks at this point are when the Miami and Lake State series will fit in the schedule. I made my best guess based on the information available. Lake State has a series scheduled for that second weekend of the year and at this point it looks like Miami has that open so it makes sense that the Miami series will fit in there since I'm guessing Eaves doesn't want to play the first weekend of the year, and take a weekend off.

There were a few open dates available for the Lake Superior series but I figure it's unlikely that Wisconsin will schedule a series the 14/15th or the 21/22nd of December as those weekends bookend finals at the University. Assuming UW doesn't want to go into a WCHA series with a three week break, my best guess is that Lake State series will slide in right before New Years.
                Last edited by Chuck Schwartz; 04-17-2012, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the info Chuck. Didn't the WCHA a few years ago decide to not schedule any conference games during the World Juniors? I know a few coaches pushed for that and thought was some articles about it, but apparently this year that isn't the case.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                    I know that this is really about fan perceptions (which doesn't mean anything) and not about anything that happens in the rink (which means everything).

I know that last year was last year, a lot of us (myself included) are more down about the team than we should be and that we all should expect better this year.

All that in mind... don't we need to be out of the cellar before we start thinking about other teams as being bottom feeders for us as fans to take for granted?
                    Weren't both teams behind the badgers in the standings? They were feeding the bottom, the badgers were 4 points out of 6th place. I'm actually being an optimist about the team for next season. Mankato might improve, but the badgers should be just fine ahead of them. I guess it depends how you define bottom feeder. If the badgers would have had msu/uaa last year instead of und/scsu, they might have been hosting home ice. Just how I'm looking at it.

As for the schedule, looks fun, basically four home non-con series with the one in Green Bay.

It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

As for the schedule, looks fun, basically four home non-con series with the one in Green Bay.
                      I'm not 100% certain that the Miami and Lake State series are at home but it makes sense because they traditionally always want to have 20 home dates. Those are the only two series in question that I'm not 100% on at this time.

Originally posted by Badgers1 View Post
                      Thanks for the info Chuck. Didn't the WCHA a few years ago decide to not schedule any conference games during the World Juniors? I know a few coaches pushed for that and thought was some articles about it, but apparently this year that isn't the case.
                      The first schedule that was sent to me included the road series in Anchorage in place of the Penn State series. It looks like Wisconsin decided it would be better to work in that series with Penn State and flip the Anchorage series to right after new years. Very real possibility UW will be without Kerdiles, McCabe and possibly even Labate that weekend.

Comment

The good news for fans looking for hotel rooms for the weekend in Green Bay is that the Packers are on the road. I checked yesterday and today and the price dropped almost $300/night at some hotels once the schedule was released.

Comment

I'm not 100% certain that the Miami and Lake State series are at home but it makes sense because they traditionally always want to have 20 home dates. Those are the only two series in question that I'm not 100% on at this time.

The first schedule that was sent to me included the road series in Anchorage in place of the Penn State series. It looks like Wisconsin decided it would be better to work in that series with Penn State and flip the Anchorage series to right after new years. Very real possibility UW will be without Kerdiles, McCabe and possibly even Labate that weekend.
                          Knowing Barry they will be at home, though establishing a home/away w/ Miami for a few seasons would be a good thing. I would even consider going to Oxford if the Badgers traveled there early in the season in 2013/14. Maybe that is the plan, w/ more non-con dates open starting in 2013/14 having a series @ Miami would fit nicely on that schedule.

Comment

Knowing Barry they will be at home, though establishing a home/away w/ Miami for a few seasons would be a good thing. I would even consider going to Oxford if the Badgers traveled there early in the season in 2013/14. Maybe that is the plan, w/ more non-con dates open starting in 2013/14 having a series @ Miami would fit nicely on that schedule.
                            Might just be me, but I'd rather keep the current members of the WCHA (and NMU) on the schedule on a regular basis then add a team (like Miami) that UW had almost zero history with.

Comment

Might just be me, but I'd rather keep the current members of the WCHA (and NMU) on the schedule on a regular basis then add a team (like Miami) that UW had almost zero history with.
                              UW already has tentative agreements with North Dakota and Denver at this point which would be awesome. Wouldn't mind seeing St. Cloud, UMD, or CC but I'll take Miami/Maine/New Hampshire/Boston Schools in a a scheduling agreement any day of the week over Mankato, Bemidji, Anchorage, Tech, Omaha.

Comment

UW already has tentative agreements with North Dakota and Denver at this point which would be awesome. Wouldn't mind seeing St. Cloud, UMD, or CC but I'll take Miami/Maine/New Hampshire/Boston Schools in a a scheduling agreement any day of the week over Mankato, Bemidji, Anchorage, Tech, Omaha.
                                With all the things Gurt and others have said about UND on this site, I wouldn't be surprised if UND just said P!$$$ on it, we'll try to get a nice team on the schedule.

Comment

Working...
                                X