WCHA First Round - Denver and Wisconsin in thin air

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WCHA First Round - Denver and Wisconsin in thin air

This should be a heck of a series. Wisconsin has had a disappointing season, but no team coached by Mike Eaves can be taken lightly. DU has been inconsistent, but has been very very solid in 2012.

Hopefully Gwoz can get the guys up to play his alma mater.

Re: WCHA First Round - Denver and Wisconsin in thin air

Originally posted by duper View Post
    This should be a heck of a series. Wisconsin has had a disappointing season, but no team coached by Mike Eaves can be taken lightly. DU has been inconsistent, but has been very very solid in 2012.

Hopefully Gwoz can get the guys up to play his alma mater.
    Two very good teams, im hopefull I get to watch. Wisconsin has really turned their level of play up and Denver has been playing as well as anyone.

Comment

Call me crazy, and I'm probably about the only DU fan that feels this way, but I was hoping for Wisconsin. Not that I think they will be easier to beat than Bemidji. I actually don't think either of them will be easy. There is just something about playing Wisconsin. A late friend (friend of friends, really) that lived in Denver was a Wisconsin alum. A bunch of us used to get together and go to the games when Wisconsin was in town. That would have been fun as hell for a playoff game.

Comment

This will be the marquee matchup of the first round, at least in the WCHA. Ordinarily, I'd like to see the Badgers win this, but as well as they have been playing lately, they have as good a chance as anyone of winning the Broadmoor. Since they are outside the top 16, that could put UND on the outside looking in, and nobody wants that.

So, hopefully it will go 3, with the Pios winning game 3 in 5 overtimes. I'd add that it would be acceptable if the pesky Portugese flu bug hits town next weekend, leaving Pio players with their heads in the toilet for 5 or 6 days, but it would be just plain wrong to wish for such a thing.
        Last edited by burd; 03-04-2012, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Should be a great series.

Comment

The only DU games I've seen live all season were the two in Madison. Wisconsin absolutely smoked us the last 4 periods of that series. But it may have been a DU funk, rather than a Wisco resurgence, given how DU played the following Friday vs NoDak (what an embarassment) and how Bucky was pushed around by the Rodents last night. All in all, I think Bemidji would have been the easier foe but hey, ya gotta beat whatever's set in front if ya at this time of the season...no ducking allowed.
            Soon to be lurking for two decades !

Comment

Originally posted by ScottA View Post
              The only DU games I've seen live all season were the two in Madison. Wisconsin absolutely smoked us the last 4 periods of that series. But it may have been a DU funk, rather than a Wisco resurgence, given how DU played the following Friday vs NoDak (what an embarassment) and how Bucky was pushed around by the Rodents last night. All in all, I think Bemidji would have been the easier foe but hey, ya gotta beat whatever's set in front if ya at this time of the season...no ducking allowed.

Minnesota dictated play most of the night. Still the Badgers were in a position to win the game in the 3rd period and potentially sweep the league champions. That should tell you something. Can't ask for more from a 10th place club with

one senior. Will there be any TV for this series? The last time Bucky was here for best of 3 there was no TV.

This should go to the 3rd game.

Comment

Originally posted by wjefwhite View Post
                Minnesota dictated play most of the night. Still the Badgers were in a position to win the game in the 3rd period and potentially sweep the league champions. That should tell you something. Can't ask for more from a 10th place club with

one senior. Will there be any TV for this series? The last time Bucky was here for best of 3 there was no TV.

This should go to the 3rd game.
                I'm glad we get to see Bucky this year but here is to hoping we win in two!
                GO DU!!!!

ROWDY IN THE FIRST ROW!!!

DU Hockey National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005

Comment

This one is especially interesting because the Badgers must win the Broadmoor to move on but are playing well enough for that to be very possible. Their biggest test will be winning two on the road in Denver. If they can do that, their chances are as good as anybody's. They will be juiced up.

Comment

UW's been playing great D the last 7 games, only allowing 1.85 GA. They also have been playing well on the road too. That being said, if DU shuts down UW's pp and 1st line, the they will win the series easily, UW is pretty much just a 1 line team. The 2nd/3rd lines are going to have to pop some goals for UW to have a chance.
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

just tire out Wisconsin's top line, and two best defensemen, and then they are at your mercy. at the end of the Mn game, all the Wisconsin players on the ice were just gasping for air, but they were left out there.
                      XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                      Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

How many minutes did Zengerle and Schultz play last night? I swear they never left the ice.
                        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Another season like this, and some people at UW will be on thin ice.
                          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                            How many minutes did Zengerle and Schultz play last night? I swear they never left the ice.
                            I hope they both go pro in about a week.
                            XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                            Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                              just tire out Wisconsin's top line, and two best defensemen, and then they are at your mercy. at the end of the Mn game, all the Wisconsin players on the ice were just gasping for air, but they were left out there.
                              What does "at your mercy" mean: winning by a single goal or getting beat by 3?

Comment

Working...
                              X