WCHA First Round - Denver and Wisconsin in thin air

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WCHA First Round - Denver and Wisconsin in thin air

Shocked at how many people think Wisconsin will win this series. I think Denver rolls this weekend, somewhere along the lines of 4-1, 5-2 .
    Originally posted by SJHovey
    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
    Originally posted by Brenthoven
    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

[quote=tipsy mcstagger;5388036]shocked at how many people think wisconsin will win this series. I think denver rolls this weekend, somewhere along the lines of 4-1, 5-2 .[/q]
      GO DU !!!

Comment

That being said I am nervous about this series. Definitely have enough wine in stock for 2 games, but I really don't know whether it will stretch for 3. So Pios win it in 2!
        GO DU !!!

Comment

THIS is why Wisconsin sends a bus with their equipment.

Comment

The Badgers will make at least one game close.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
              THIS is why Wisconsin sends a bus with their equipment.
              Yeah that was a bad mistake. It is pretty elementary to make sure that the plane you book can handle your people.

Comment

Tonights LIVE CHAT

Join us!

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                  The Badgers will make at least one game close.

You're like a prophet or something...

Good win for us. Was anyone actually in the crowd? Sounded very dead over the radio.

Comment

IMO, Pios missed chances in the 1st set the tone for the game. Gave Bucky the chance.
                    GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                      Good win for us. Was anyone actually in the crowd? Sounded very dead over the radio.
                      No.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                        No.
                        Box score says 4400 but that seems inflated--wasn't anymore than 4K. Sconie played a smart road game and looked loose. DU PP was scattered and not converting cost us in the end. Jussi was solid. Let's hope Sam is dialed in tomorrow night. Do or die on all levels tomorrow. Will be interesting to see how the boys respond.
                        Go Pioneers!

Comment

Yep. A loss tomorrow would be the end of the season. It's awfully hard to lose a game in which the team played so well. I think a goal in the 1st could have made a big difference, but frankly it doesn't matter. The guys have to win tomorrow and Sunday. Even then, I think we might still need a win next weekend.

Tough loss.

Comment

Never fear Pioneers...DU has never lost when I've been in attendance...well, except to Miami. I'll be there tonight!
                            http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

Originally posted by redhawk95 View Post
                              Never fear Pioneers...DU has never lost when I've been in attendance...well, except to Miami. I'll be there tonight!
                              OK, redhawk, counting on you to bring the Pios some mojo tonight!
                              Jussi played well and we had our chances in the first two periods.
                              Gotta bring it now--puck in the net!
                              GO DU !!!

Comment

Who shows up for DU tonight? Dr Jekyll or Mr. Hyde?
                                DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Working...
                                X