RPI @ Clarkson March 4 2012 (Game 3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI @ Clarkson March 4 2012 (Game 3)

The players for both teams will be exhausted for sure, having played almost 2 full games Saturday. As I write this, both teams probably still in the dressing rooms.

RPI having a 2nd good goaltender definite advantage, as Karpo will have to start for Clarkson. Will be interesting to see how many "fresh leg" players suit up tonight...
    Not a real doctor, nor do I play one on TV!
    Clarkson 1990

Re: RPI @ Clarkson March 4 2012 (Game 3)

2011-12 Thread-Starting Statistics:
    Code:
    Ralph Baer         6- 5- 0 12 points  .566fr joe             2- 5- 0  4 points  .286
    GRussinko          1- 1- 1  3 points  .500
    engineerhockeyfan  1- 1- 0  2 points  .500
    lugnut92           1- 2- 0  2 points  .333
    DrDemento          1- 3- 0  2 points  .250
    RKarger            0- 0- 1  1 point   .500
    fishcore12         0- 0- 1  1 point   .500
    jmhusker           0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    REDaero91          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    jericho            0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    NYhockeyguy        0- 1- 0  0 points  .000

Cumulative 2003-4 - 2011-12 Thread-Starting Statistics
    Code:
    fr joe            27-31- 7 61 points  .469
    Ralph Baer        25-28- 8 58 points  .475
    engineerhockeyfan 16-19- 4 36 points  .462
    hockeyhound       11-13- 1 23 points  .460
    Red Cloud         11- 2- 1 23 points  .821
    GRussinko          8-14- 2 18 points  .375
    rpihockeyfan13     6- 6- 1 13 points  .500
    DrDemento          4-14- 3 11 points  .262
    RPIBMW             4- 5- 1  9 points  .450
    FlagDUDE08         4- 0- 0  8 points 1.000
    HighlanderRPI      3- 4- 1  7 points  .438
    burgie12           3- 1- 0  6 points  .750
    jericho            3- 7- 0  6 points  .300
    RPIHFH             1- 1- 1  3 points  .500
    JennyRN            1- 1- 1  3 points  .500
    Waite21            1- 4- 1  3 points  .250
    berbs91            1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    ambersuds          1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    JCrawford          1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    Jeffrey On         1- 1- 0  2 points  .500
    lugnut92           1- 2- 0  2 points  .333
    NYhockeyguy        1- 2- 0  2 points  .333
    REDRocket          1- 3- 0  2 points  .250
    redrocker          0- 0- 1  1 point   .500
    RKarger            0- 0- 1  1 point   .500
    fishcore12         0- 0- 1  1 point   .500
    Rockchops          0- 1- 1  1 point   .250
    vicb               0- 3- 1  1 point   .125
    RenPI              0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    johnk              0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    Cookin4Fun         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    RPI-Fan-Go-Red     0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    Gophers #1         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    ZYanksRule         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    redhead18          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    Priceless          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    jmhusker           0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    REDaero91          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    hawthr             0- 2- 0  0 points  .000

For your listening pleasure:

Fight Song
    ****** src="http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music/LongHail.mp3" Loop=0 Volume=100 Panel="true" Height=20 Width=200 Controller="true" Autostart="false" Autoplay="false" Type="audio/mpeg">

Alma Mater
    ****** src="http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music3/06%20Alma%20Mater.mp3" Loop=0 Volume=100 Panel="true" Height=20 Width=200 Controller="true" Autostart="false" Autoplay="false" Type="audio/mpeg">
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

The thread is being started by a Clarkson alum. I think that RPI has never won when non-RPI fans started game threads, although there once was a tie when vicb started.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Could someone add the "Clarkson Still Sucks!" tag. (The one with the "!".) I can only add two tags because I didn't start the thread.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

USCHO made the same error that Kepler did, calling yesterday's game a quarterfinal game http://www.uscho.com/stats/longest-games/. (It my have been fixed before you read this.) Of course, Kepler knows what "jeremiads" means, while I doubt that Board does.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            USCHO made the same error that Kepler did, calling yesterday's game a quarterfinal game http://www.uscho.com/stats/longest-games/. (It my have been fixed before you read this.) Of course, Kepler knows what "jeremiads" means, while I doubt that Board does.
            I was told there'd be no lawyer vocabulary.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              Me too, but it probably was on a HS vocabulary list that I have long forgotten.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Got back after the game finished last night-from reading the thread RPI deserved a better fate. Seems lke they outshot and outchanced CCT but we just have so much trouble getting that 4th goal in a game. Hoping the boys put this one behind them and come out with determination-get a lead and hold it.
                Long night for us here-had to spend a few hours in the ER repairing a medium severity dog bite on a local politician's son. Much as i hate to say it-this kid(age 12) deserved it. Surprisingly it was an Australian Shepherd-normally the most docile of dogs. The kid was teasing it mercilessly-trying to force it to give him a kiss-but slapping him in the face each time he did not. Finally the dog had enough and took out a bit of his central upper lip and tip of his nose. Had to perform a graft with skin from behind the ear. Kid was just miserable to work on and his parents were impossible. As is the custom in these cases-the police are holding the dog.
                Hated to miss the 2nd and 3rd OT-had hoped when this one finally did end, it would be a solid good goal and not some fluke or caused by the officials calling a bad penalty. Comes down now to who can play the best 60(or more minutes). Please let it just be a well officated clean game with no controversy.
                Last edited by DrDemento; 03-04-2012, 07:18 AM.
                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

My social secretary(who never forgets anything) just informed me we have 2 possible High School games today to attend-one is at 3:30PM and local-the other is at 4PM and a bit of a drive. Not sure whether we are going to either-but if we do-will miss the early part of tonight's game for certain if not more (especially if either of these goes into 3OT like we did last night). Please post all the details using language I can understand (you know who I mean). I wonder who the ECAC will assign as officials for this important third game?
                  Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

I thought 'jeremiad' came from the religious revivalist lexicon?
                    "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                      My social secretary(who never forgets anything) just informed me we have 2 possible High School games today to attend-one is at 3:30PM and local-the other is at 4PM and a bit of a drive. Not sure whether we are going to either-but if we do-will miss the early part of tonight's game for certain if not more (especially if either of these goes into 3OT like we did last night). Please post all the details using language I can understand (you know who I mean). I wonder who the ECAC will assign as officials for this important third game?
                      You don't understand the smilies?

Comment

You don't understand the smilies?
                        They speak a rather obscure dialect in NJ. I think that is the problem.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          They speak a rather obscure dialect in NJ. I think that is the problem.
                          It must be a Jersey thing...

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                            Got back after the game finished last night-from reading the thread RPI deserved a better fate. Seems lke they outshot and outchanced CCT but we just have so much trouble getting that 4th goal in a game. Hoping the boys put this one behind them and come out with determination-get a lead and hold it.
                            Long night for us here-had to spend a few hours in the ER repairing a medium severity dog bite on a local politician's son. Much as i hate to say it-this kid(age 12) deserved it. Surprisingly it was an Australian Shepherd-normally the most docile of dogs. The kid was teasing it mercilessly-trying to force it to give him a kiss-but slapping him in the face each time he did not. Finally the dog had enough and took out a bit of his central upper lip and tip of his nose. Had to perform a graft with skin from behind the ear. Kid was just miserable to work on and his parents were impossible. As is the custom in these cases-the police are holding the dog.
                            Hated to miss the 2nd and 3rd OT-had hoped when this one finally did end, it would be a solid good goal and not some fluke or caused by the officials calling a bad penalty. Comes down now to who can play the best 60(or more minutes). Please let it just be a well officated clean game with no controversy.
                            Doc, that just doesn't sound like retirement to me.
                            We seemed to have the better chances in the OT, but just couldn't finish. When Laliberte missed on the breakaway, I just knew it wasn't going to be our night.
                            As for tonight, we will have a rested Lee, and maybe Schroeder if he is healthy. Also have a couple of game tested reserves who could step in. Diebold should be good to go.
                            If we have our heads on straight, I think we have a great chance to come out the winner.
                            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                            Benjamin Franklin
                            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                            Gary Player

Comment

The biggest thing we need to do is play our game and focus on what has made us successful.

Comment

Working...
                              X