HEA Quarterfinals: #7 Providence @ #2 UMass-Lowell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HEA Quarterfinals: #7 Providence @ #2 UMass-Lowell

UML was bad that night. Shots dont tell the story. Most of UML shots that night were of the weak variety. Fluke game? i dont think so. UML once again is the better team, but they are very beatable. I am not looking for for a fight, just pointing out the obvious. If u think PC has no chance than why are we even making the trip?
    Originally posted by Patronick View Post
    The same game Lowell outshot PC 29-21 and lost 1-0 on a Tuesday night in the middle of a five games in eight days stretch (winning the other 4 games)?

Definition of a fluke game.

Edit: Providence is also 2-7-2 since that game.

Comment

It's simple to me, if the Beaudry that usually has shown up against Lowell over his career at PC shows up again, this could be a series. If he plays anything like he has for the past couple of weeks, Lowell has a great chance to make it to the Garden.
      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
        It's simple to me, if the Beaudry that usually has shown up against Lowell over his career at PC shows up again, this could be a series. If he plays anything like he has for the past couple of weeks, Lowell has a great chance to make it to the Garden.
        Bottom line, we play as we're able we're fine. PC is reeling right now... keep the pressure up.
        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
        Skating Friar Jersey
        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by F O F room fan View Post
          If u think PC has no chance than why are we even making the trip?
          That is a very good question.
          Lowell Forever
          Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by F O F room fan View Post
            UML was bad that night. Shots dont tell the story. Most of UML shots that night were of the weak variety. Fluke game? i dont think so. UML once again is the better team, but they are very beatable. I am not looking for for a fight, just pointing out the obvious. If u think PC has no chance than why are we even making the trip?
            Give me one example of Providence's play down the stretch or anything you took from the two games this past weekend to classify Lowell as "very beatable". Go ahead, I'll wait.
            Lowell Forever
            Forever Lowell

Comment

Interesting fact: The #7 seed has never defeated the #2 seed in the Hockey East Quarterfinals.
              Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
              "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                Give me one example of Providence's play down the stretch or anything you took from the two games this past weekend to classify Lowell as "very beatable". Go ahead, I'll wait.
                PC is a much different team with Tim Schaller playing then not...UML has NOT played Providence all season with Schaller in the lineup. PC has a punchers chance if Tim is in the lineup if not, they have zero offensive punch without him.
                Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Apparently PC is going to be bringing a fan bus to the game. There's 8 tickets sold.

Comment

USCHO Hockey East blog brings up interesting point about it being tough to win 4 in a row. I see Lowell winning in three.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                      Interesting fact: The #7 seed has never defeated the #2 seed in the Hockey East Quarterfinals.
                      I believe I read on the BU thread that in the last 9 years, they've now played every HE team in the playoffs. Pretty neat.
                      Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
                      Apparently PC is going to be bringing a fan bus to the game. There's 8 tickets sold.
                      Which game? Good for them, should add to the atmosphere a bit.
                      Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Good news for the PC fans...
                        Scott McLaughlin
                        For those who missed it Sat. night, the biggest quarterfinal news so far is that PC leading goal-scorer Tim Schaller is expected to play.
                        Monty

Comment

Game day!
                          Monty

Comment

Its been four years, i cant wait!
                            Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                            Game day!

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
                              Thats 90% of the season ticket holders.

Comment

The one thing that worries me, as is the norm in hockey ... Beaudry standing on his head and winning a game for PC. He's had some good games against Lowell, and some bad ones ... including one of each this year.
                                Monty

Comment

Working...
                                X