• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norwich hockey 2012-2013: Our thread closed before Owsego's

Just sayn'
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Re: Norwich hockey 2012-2013: Our thread closed before Owsego's

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
    Just sayn'
    If that's all you guys got...

Comment

Originally posted by LakerFan99 View Post
      If that's all you guys got...
      All we need. We don't whine about soft ice, only winning 2-1. We don't have to make 5 posts after every goal, and we didn't need to pump our thread with posts about basketball (ick) either. Take that!

Comment

Plus, we have a Conference Championship, and Oswego????.... not so much.
        Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

WOW 11-1
          I almost felt bad for castleton

Comment

Had no idea our devoted posters irked you so much with their volume of comments and updates. Start recruiting more "wick" fans to remedy your unhappy state.
            And congrats on laying the smack on Castleton.
            "To all those graduating with a heart that will forever beat for hockey at a certain place on Lake Ontario...
            this is for you."
            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Screw rebuilding - we RELOAD here!

Comment

Originally posted by wickfan View Post
              WOW 11-1
              Almost

Comment

WOW 11-1

Never feel bad for CSC....

Comment

WOW 11-1
                  So did I and still feel bad for the Castleton Goalies- all three of them hung out to dry by their teammates on the ice.

What happened to Castleton??? They were so flat and ineffective throughout the whole game. Even after Dan Bell's goal, there was no life in the team, and Bell skated by us and looked relieved to have the puck go into the net.They were so hopeless. Never in my mind did I expect we would have a game like this with Castleton. I was sure that it would be a one or two goal difference at the end. Maybe its the fact that this was the first conference championship game they have been in, maybe they were nervous, maybe there is no excuse other than an off game.

I have to say that Castleton played a lot cleaner than usual and that really surpised me as Norwich scored again and again. I did see one hit in particular (Colin Mulvey taken down in the corner and hit in the head by a Castleton player while he was still down) that made me worried that the game was going to get out of hand, but it didn't. Castleton has been working on their penalty issues and that was very evident tonight.

Castleton has proved that they can be a real contender and now they are adding class to that. You have had a great season and I am sure there will be some more hard fought battles in the future between Norwich and Castleton. I am looking forward to them already.
                  There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

11-1? Wow. I thought that was a misprint. Why did Norwich change goalies after 8 minutes though?
                    2012-2013 Last Person Standing Champion
                    2012-2013 SUNYAC Pick'Em Champion
                    2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2016-2017 D-III Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                    2013-2014 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Champion, 2014-2015 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Co-Champion
                    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Losers Bracket Loser Champion
                    2014-2015 Atlantic Hockey Pick'em Champion

"A fast body-contact game played by men with clubs in their hands and knives laced to their feet.” - Paul Gallico

Comment

Originally posted by 97osu View Post
                      11-1? Wow. I thought that was a misprint. Why did Norwich change goalies after 8 minutes though?
                      Norwich changed goalies with 8 minutes remaining in the game.

Comment

WOW 11-1
                        Make room for the other banner!!!!!!!
                        Lets go Brampton Battalions

Comment

Originally posted by 17'sfanNU View Post
                          So did I and still feel bad for the Castleton Goalies- all three of them hung out to dry by their teammates on the ice.

What happened to Castleton??? They were so flat and ineffective throughout the whole game. Even after Dan Bell's goal, there was no life in the team, and Bell skated by us and looked relieved to have the puck go into the net.They were so hopeless. Never in my mind did I expect we would have a game like this with Castleton. I was sure that it would be a one or two goal difference at the end. Maybe its the fact that this was the first conference championship game they have been in, maybe they were nervous, maybe there is no excuse other than an off game.

I have to say that Castleton played a lot cleaner than usual and that really surpised me as Norwich scored again and again. I did see one hit in particular (Colin Mulvey taken down in the corner and hit in the head by a Castleton player while he was still down) that made me worried that the game was going to get out of hand, but it didn't. Castleton has been working on their penalty issues and that was very evident tonight.

Castleton has proved that they can be a real contender and now they are adding class to that. You have had a great season and I am sure there will be some more hard fought battles in the future between Norwich and Castleton. I am looking forward to them already.
                          There was a lot of chippy dirty stuff going on behind the play that you must have missed. Not to mention that little contretemps that happened at the start of the third period. I didn't feel bad for Castleton for exactly that reason. They didn't clean up their act. They came out good, we rang up 3 quick goals and they gave up. I'm not sure why Todd kept changing goalies. It wasn't the goalies' fault. The last 10 minutes or so, except for the fourth line, which kept digging the Cadets were just trying to keep the clock moving and stay away from trouble. I think if they hadn't done that, the scene could have gotten ugly. My biggest fear was that somebody on Castleton would start something that would lead to a brawl and having to sit somebody out next week.

Comment

I never would have quessed a 11-1 thumping over Castleton last night.

Castleton’s lose to Norwich 11-1 last night was the largest defeat for Coach Alex Todd in his seven years at Castleton. Previous worst lose was 8-1 in the 2010 Cardinal Classic. Worst overall lose for Castleton was the 16-0 spanking Norwich gave Castleton in the 2005 ECAC East Quarters. 2005 was the first year Castleton was in the ECAC East and Greg Stone was coach before Todd took over the reins.

Comment

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/a...ws|text|Sports

Ted Ryan of the Burlington Free Press article of the game. Norwich was clicking on all cylinders for this one. Castleton D gave the Norwich forwards a ton of room to maneuver around the net which generated a lot of good scoring chances. I have seen Castleton play a number of times this year and could't inderstand why Erich Cinotti wasn't in net. He is a proven goaltender who has had a lot of big games for Castleton. Someone told me the freshmen was been playing since they last lost to Norwich. Norwich D play may be overlooked but this is the best they have lookded in some time controling the puck in there zone. Norwich depth and team speed was something Castleton could not handle this night on Norwich's big ice surface. Justin Alonzo is a great player for Castleton but the rough stuff has to go. These out of control penalties are helping the other team and hurting Castleton. Castleton top line of Nick Lazorko, Dan Bell, and Justin Alanzo played good but Norwich gave special attention to controlling them and played much more defensive when ever they were on the ice.
                              2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
                              2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

Working...
                              X