PDA

View Full Version : Oswego State Hockey 2011-2012 Part II: Hockey Never Sleeps

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

LakerFan99
03-03-2012, 12:00 PM
I suppose since I closed the first thread, I should create the continuation. In honor of what I think is the worst sequel ever made (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1027718/)...please continue the discussion of the Oswego State (Great) Lakers. :D

nysportsfan29
03-03-2012, 12:16 PM
I suppose since I closed the first thread, I should create the continuation. In honor of what I think is the worst sequel ever made (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1027718/)...please continue the discussion of the Oswego State (Great) Lakers. :D

I would have preferred "Electric Boogaloo" however your title is much more appropriate.

LakerFan99
03-03-2012, 12:17 PM
I would have preferred "Electric Boogaloo" however your title is much more appropriate.

Honest to God, 'Electric Boogaloo' was my second choice! :eek:

Laker Ranger
03-03-2012, 01:32 PM

Hell yes, another thread in the books! Nice title choice - it doesn't make a potential jinx seem foreboding, and is quite apropos in description.:cool:

OZFEST
03-03-2012, 01:37 PM
Hell yes, another thread in the books! Nice title choice - it doesn't make a potential jinx seem foreboding, and is quite apropos in description.:cool:

+1

Laker Ranger
03-03-2012, 11:40 PM
*Yawn* Hockey never sleeps, but this fans gotta crash. Just moving back to this thread first, for the sake of some honest attention in our own "backyard". For our own NCAA tourney speculation, I was fairly confident that the braketologists' view of Adrian/Elmira visiting us in the QF was ours, win or lose. Its a convenience factor in terms of proximity between these schools, plus I'm banking that we switch with the Cadets to East #2, and no more. Unless MSOE pulls the upset, my personal guess is either the Bulldogs or Eagles return to the CC, as per speculated earlier by the experts.

Until that fateful decision arrives, our season's done...for a handful of hours yet. Snag some z's and get ready for a long night later today.

OSUPBPMike
03-04-2012, 07:42 AM
As much as it hurts...

http://youtu.be/hBCER-v9Hw4

norm1909
03-04-2012, 08:12 AM
As much as it hurts...

Great job on the highlights video, but alas, you keep the #1 seed and the regular season title, and there are over 60 oher teams that would enjoy your pain - your season is not over yet.

PS, I remember well the Cardinal victory over Middlebury, championships are a lot like wine or fine cheddar, the longer it takes to perfect them the better they are!

OZFEST
03-04-2012, 08:29 AM
Each Oswego team in tournament play yesterday-mens hoops, womens and mens hockey- each lost by one point/goal. Two of the three-mens hoops and womens hockey went deeper into their respective tournaments that had previously. I know this is very Norm-like but wanted to share. Congratulations to all three programs for a successful and entertaining season. Good luck to the Great Lakers in the NCAAS.

norm1909
03-04-2012, 08:39 AM
Each Oswego team in tournament play yesterday-mens hoops, womens and mens hockey- each lost by one point/goal. Two of the three-mens hoops and womens hockey went deeper into their respective tournaments that had previously. I know this is very Norm-like but wanted to share. Congratulations to all three programs for a successful and entertaining season. Good luck to the Great Lakers in the NCAAS.

That's my boy ;)

But couldn't you have found SOME link???

LakerFan99
03-04-2012, 08:41 AM
Nice story on the Oz sports teams, with interviews with Titanic's and Whitelaw's dads. PS...you can tell that the reporter is from Oswego, based on her saying "ah-swiggo" several times. :)

http://www.9wsyr.com/news/local/story/Sports-teams-success-leads-to-booming-business-in/D0hYN2ec5keIaoDGLnLb2g.cspx

97osu
03-04-2012, 09:00 PM
If everything goes well, we could have a rematch to advance to the National Championship. Gotta luv it!

Laker Ranger
03-04-2012, 09:20 PM
If everything goes well, we could have a rematch to advance to the National Championship. Gotta luv it!

It would've been even neater if we got them for the winner-take-all (2 years back potential), but hey...what a rubber match it would be.:eek:

Not to get too far ahead of ourselves, of course, with Elmira and all. Platty's going to have their hands full at Amherst too.

LakerEagleLover
03-04-2012, 09:30 PM
What happened back in October doesn't matter much now - Lakers need to be smart, aggressive and possessive...high energy at both ends of the ice...make every shift count.

Do all that and you won't have to buy a ticket for Lake Placid, boys - they let the guys wearing uniforms in for free....

smbenny
03-04-2012, 09:33 PM
When would tickets go on sale for the EC Oswego game next Saturday?

snc1
03-04-2012, 09:35 PM
How big will the brawl in the stands be if this happens?

LakerEagleLover
03-04-2012, 09:38 PM
When would tickets go on sale for the EC Oswego game next Saturday? Expect the Athletic website to have information tomorrow (Monday) morning www.athletics.oswego.edu (www.athletics.oswego.edu )

97osu
03-04-2012, 09:39 PM
When would tickets go on sale for the EC Oswego game next Saturday?

Wednesday for general public at College Box Office. Tickets shouldn't be a problem. Students on break, and High School hockey in final four at Utica

Laker Ranger
03-04-2012, 09:52 PM
How big will the brawl in the stands be if this happens?

Oh, it will be a slugfest of historic proportions: we'll call it Miracle in the Stands.:mad:
Jesting, jesting.:rolleyes:

97osu
03-04-2012, 10:17 PM
What happened back in October doesn't matter much now - Lakers need to be smart, aggressive and possessive...high energy at both ends of the ice...make every shift count.

Do all that and you won't have to buy a ticket for Lake Placid, boys - they let the guys wearing uniforms in for free....

So, if you buy a jersey you get into games free? That's a great deal ;)