• Re: MTU season thread Part 3. The Mel Sky-Pearson chronicles

Nice job, fellas.

Comment

Congrats to Tech.

Comment

Awesome, back to the final five!!

A summary of Mel's postgame thoughts, Tech Hockey Guide will have the full audio I'm sure on their you tube page:
        Give our team credit, worked hard, good start
        We played a good game, Robo had a heck of a game
        This may be the first time pulling the goalie resulted in a goal this year
        What a win - so happy for all Tech alums, the fans, the copper country, win or lose it was a great weekend, better winning
        D Johnstone gets OT goal on redirect, great job
        We didnt' get many through tonight from the point, but the OT shot made it
        Olson and Baker and Pietila were on a line, they all played hard
        Huge to get Sunday off before playing on Thursday - not sure on our travel schedule, not concerned with that now
        Hope to see a lot of Tech people in St. Paul on Thursday

Comment

*pours another bourbon*

tMel.

Comment

Also (thanks for the reminder, Flashy)...

Comment

Grats Tech, will be nice to see you at the X.
              Originally posted by CavalryNate
              Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
              sigpic

Comment

Great determination and grit by this Huskies team tonight. When things got tight, they showed they wanted it more. Really proud of this team and of the coaching staff for challenging this team to be better each and every night and accept nothing less than the best effort every night.

With SCSU, Minnesota, UMD, UND and MTU advancing to Final Five, Tech will play Denver if they win tomorrow night; Tech will play SCSU if Wisconsin wins tomorrow night.

edit: Early game if playing Denver, late game if playing St, Clooud.
                Last edited by HuskyNation; 03-11-2012, 12:25 AM. Reason: Time clarification

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  *pours another bourbon*

tMel.
                  An Islay Single Malt for me!
                  Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                    An Islay Single Malt for me!
                    I'm jealous; I could go for a glass of Laphroaig right now.

Comment

Wanna trade coaches. Owens is a felcher.

FIRE SCOTTY OWENS!!!!!!!

Comment

Does anyone know which game is the late game Thursday? 3-6 or 4-5?

edit: actually I should know this, with the Gopher rule in effect, and the bracket not reseeding after Thursday, the 4-5 game should be in the evening Thursday
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                          Does anyone know which game is the late game Thursday? 3-6 or 4-5?

edit: actually I should know this, with the Gopher rule in effect, and the bracket not reseeding after Thursday, the 4-5 game should be in the evening Thursday
                          2:07 and 7:07
                          Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                          What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Congratulations to Tech!

Now stop it. You dropped us from sixth to eighth tonight.
                            Last edited by state of hockey; 03-10-2012, 11:44 PM.
                            the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by LackofSuCCess View Post
                              Wanna trade coaches. Owens is a felcher.

FIRE SCOTTY OWENS!!!!!!!
                              Get a life, lack of p3n1s...
                              Originally posted by vizoroo
                              Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
                              Originally posted by duper
                              I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
                              Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
                              Originally posted by dggoddard
                              Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

wow. Final Five. wow. Tech. Final Five. wow. I am not going to sleep tonight. wow. we are going to the Final Five....
                                Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                                "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                                Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                                Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Working...
                                X