RPI 2011-12 Part VI: Sweet Meteor of Death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI 2011-12 Part VI: Sweet Meteor of Death

Whether you're optimistic or pessimistic toward the team's chances this week (or beyond) this title should work for you.
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Re: RPI 2011-12 Part VI: Sweet Meteor of Death

Originally posted by DrDemento
    This has been my history with this team for most every year going back to 1963. But when they put it all together-or even mostly together-it has been worth every minute of it.
    I'm still on the bandwagon. You can't pry me off it.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
      There are a few of us who are just stuck to the bancwagon and will never be removed until death.
      As for the title, where did that come from???
      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
      Benjamin Franklin
      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
      Gary Player

Comment

There are a small number of us sitting in that wagon a very long time.
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Some food for thought for this weekend. We have been playing aginst that team in Gold and Green since 1925. here is the breakdown-

Neutral site games- RPI won 4 Lost 2 Tied 0
          Home Games Troy- RPI won 26 Lost 39 Tied 2
          Away Games Potsdam-RPI Won 14 Lost 42 Tied 6

I have attended a great percentage of these. There is a very good reason that CCT has a storied hockey history and well over 1000 victories. They have never been a walk in the park for us. We have our work cut out for us this weekend. If you go by history the odds are strongly against us. We haven't often won 2 games in any one year from them. But I prefer to look at it differently-I would like to think that the law of averages will start to catch up! I know all about people claiming rivalries etc. For me this is the toughest team we have played over the years and it would just be divine to win 2 games up there this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
            There are a few of us who are just stuck to the bancwagon and will never be removed until death.
            I think it works well for anyone. If you're an optimist, it's RPI coming back down and wiping out their opposition. If you're a pessimist, it's the much awaited end of a difficult season. Either way, it's sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
              Some food for thought for this weekend. We have been playing aginst that team in Gold and Green since 1925. here is the breakdown-

Neutral site games- RPI won 4 Lost 2 Tied 0
              Home Games Troy- RPI won 26 Lost 39 Tied 2
              Away Games Potsdam-RPI Won 14 Lost 42 Tied 6

I have attended a great percentage of these. There is a very good reason that CCT has a storied hockey history and well over 1000 victories. They have never been a walk in the park for us. We have our work cut out for us this weekend. If you go by history the odds are strongly against us. We haven't often won 2 games in any one year from them. But I prefer to look at it differently-I would like to think that the law of averages will start to catch up! I know all about people claiming rivalries etc. For me this is the toughest team we have played over the years and it would just be divine to win 2 games up there this weekend.
              We've done it twice in the time I've been following RPI hockey: 2004-05 and 2009-10. We could also throw in a 3-pointer in 2005-06. Out of eight seasons, that isn't so hot. But hey, we've seen them twice this year, and although the outcomes did not go in our favor, we know they are beatable. Just one game at a time. Twenty losses on the season no longer means anything. It's a brand new season.
              Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 02-29-2012, 10:03 AM.

Comment

I think it works well for anyone. If you're an optimist, it's RPI coming back down and wiping out their opposition. If you're a pessimist, it's the much awaited end of a difficult season. Either way, it's sweet.
                I almost thought it would have been better suited for the off-season and all of the Mayan predictions surrounding the end of the 13th b'ak'tun, but your explanation makes more sense.

Comment

WaP's very own realet will be on Slap Schotts this week: http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...ff-series-on-/

Comment

Link to old thread http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...Stop-Believing
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Whether you're optimistic or pessimistic toward the team's chances this week (or beyond) this title should work for you.
                      I just read this http://now.msn.com/living/0228-asteroid-smash-2040.aspx.

i guess that is the Sweet Asteroid of Death (this month's edition).
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                        wasn't it a quote from "Frank Barone" in an episode of ,"Everybody Loves Raymond"? IIRC Frank wished for, "the sweet meteor of death" whenever his wife, Marie, had that special time of month.
                        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

If RPI was a stock and Clarkson was a stock which one would you buy? I'd buy red

Comment

Decided to do some number crunching for #hateclarksonweek...

Thought you all might find these stats interesting - Karpowich's career stats in Potsdam vs. RPI? 2-2-0, 0.885 SV%, 3.3328 GAA

Striking how much better he does at our barn.
                            Proud founder of the First Church of RPI Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by hawthr View Post
                              Decided to do some number crunching for #hateclarksonweek...

Thought you all might find these stats interesting - Karpowich's career stats in Potsdam vs. RPI? 2-2-0, 0.885 SV%, 3.3328 GAA

Striking how much better he does at our barn.
                              I find that surprising. I think I would be pretty happy if we could score and average of 3.3328 this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                              X