UML/PC: What alliance? March 2-3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UML/PC: What alliance? March 2-3

Both teams coming off bad weekends with something to play for.

Will Lowell ever win at Schnider? Will Beaudry continue to stymie the River Hawks? Is Jon still alive?

Discuss.
    Lowell Forever
    Forever Lowell

Re: UML/PC: What alliance? March 2-3

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
    Both teams coming off bad weekends with something to play for.

Will Lowell ever win at Schnider? Will Beaudry continue to stymie the River Hawks? Is Jon still alive?

Discuss.
    Watching the BC/PC game on Saturday reminded me way too much of the last time this matchup occurred. PC lost a weekend series to BU by a combined 14-1, including a 8-0 shellacking on Saturday, and then faced Lowell at home and won 1-0.

This time Lowell goes to Providence after PC lost a weekend series to BC 10-0, including 7-0 on Saturday.

I'm not sure if the team has finally hit the wall that everyone in Hockey East thought they would have a long time ago ... but their play is definitely not at the same level from earlier this season.
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

I thought PC played well 5-5 in the first game but lost it on special teams and in the second game they never found it. I think they left their game in Providence !!!

Comment

Not much buzz about this one.
        Lowell Forever
        Forever Lowell

Comment

Is Jon still alive?
          Not much buzz about this one.
          Well at least one of your questions was answered.
          Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

If PC can get 2 points this weekend and UNH loses at Maine, PC finishes in 6th. Lets hope the Friars can take care of business on home ice and be done with the worries of not making the playoffs again. Last time UML came into Schneider they were flat and didn't play their best hockey. I dont believe they will play like that again, as the coaches are reminding them of that this week. Friars have had injury problems recently. Tim Schaller missed the last 3 games, and as he goes the friars go.

Comment

According to this tweet, not good news for PC.
              Joe Meloni
              #PC's Tim Schaller and Mark Adams will miss both of this weekend's games against #UML.
              Monty

Comment

Originally posted by F O F room fan View Post
                If PC can get 2 points this weekend and UNH loses at Maine, PC finishes in 6th. Lets hope the Friars can take care of business on home ice and be done with the worries of not making the playoffs again. Last time UML came into Schneider they were flat and didn't play their best hockey. I dont believe they will play like that again, as the coaches are reminding them of that this week. Friars have had injury problems recently. Tim Schaller missed the last 3 games, and as he goes the friars go.
                Based on Meloni's tweet in Monty's post, looks like things aren't rosy on that front. I don't want PC to miss the playoffs but (obviously) hoping for the UML sweep this weekend.
                Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

What front are u referring too?
                  Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
                  Based on Meloni's tweet in Monty's post, looks like things aren't rosy on that front. I don't want PC to miss the playoffs but (obviously) hoping for the UML sweep this weekend.

Comment

What front are u referring too?
                    This

Friars have had injury problems recently. Tim Schaller missed the last 3 games, and as he goes the friars go.
                    Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                    Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                    "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                    KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

I was afraid that was the one!
                      Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
                      This

Comment

Working...
                      X