X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota hosts Wisconsin: March 2-3 - MacNaughton in the house

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
    Hall of Fame material.
    Indeed. I hope someone told Kyle Rau about it. And I hope Kyle Rau laughed.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Sniff. Sniff. An era gone by.
      I agree, its a sad thing to see go away. Like mentioned below, some intense matchups.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        Indeed. I hope someone told Kyle Rau about it. And I hope Kyle Rau laughed.
        You got to think. eh?
        Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
        dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
        wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
          I'm with Tiggsy in one respect - I don't feel better by way of what UND or UW do - if the Gophers season was crappy nothing eases the suck. You'd think fans of programs with that many titles would have enough self-esteem to do the same.
          You have to take into account the fact that the large majority of the hate stuff is nothing but humor--for most fans, I think. I love college hockey no matter who is playing and frankly don't get very bummed when the Sioux lose. It's more fun, though, when you can also give and take a little guff. That's why the titles are not that big a deal. The season gives us a lot of great hockey experiences, while the occasional banner is more of a bragging right than an experience. The bragging right means next to nothing to me now, except for the good natured teasing it is useful for.

Besides, it's harder to really feel the old Gopher hate when gopher players have been getting smaller, weaker and slower every year. I'd include uglier, but there has never been much room for change in that regard.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post

Besides, it's harder to really feel the old Gopher hate when gopher players have been getting smaller, weaker and slower every year. I'd include uglier, but there has never been much room for change in that regard.
            Great example of what will be missed.

That takes decades to fully appreciate and understand.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              Yeah, I'm fine with that. Is it ok that I really enjoyed it when Michigan beat UND last year? Mostly because that ******* UND Fan flipped the bird to the Michigan player after he scored the goal to put the game out of reach. I'm sorry, but I really enjoyed that.
              Yes, that is okay. That one I really struggled with. Especially because I was there. I tried to be neutral and just enjoy the experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                That one I really struggled with. Especially because I was there. I tried to be neutral and just enjoy the experience.
                I had hoped the roof would come crashing down during the game.

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                  I had hoped the roof would come crashing down during the game.
                  Maybe.... but technically that isn't cheering against either team.

Comment

You are talking about this Letsgodu LOL
                    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I loved that. I'm sorry, but that was awesome.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

From Gophersports

Members of the Minnesota men's hockey team met with the media today and talked about this weekend's series against Wisconsin. You can listen to everything they had to say here

http://www.gophersports.com/blog/201...wisconsin.html
                      Originally posted by CavalryNate
                      Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                      sigpic

Comment

Weekend preview from Gophersports

Minnesota vs. Wisconsin: Border rivals Minnesota and Wisconsin will play a two-game series for the second time this season at Mariucci Arena this weekend. The two schools have met at least four times a year every season dating back to 1969-70. Back on Nov. 11 at the Kohl Center in Madison, Wis., The Badgers won a 3-1 decision to hand the Gophers their first conference loss of the year, but Minnesota salvaged a split the following night with a 4-1 win. All-time, the Gophers hold a 153-84-20 record against Wisconsin with a ledger of 89-26-7 at home. As a top-ten team under coach Don Lucia, Minnesota is 22-9-1 against the Badgers.

About The Badgers: Looking to avoid missing the NCAA Tournament in consecutive seasons for the first time under current head coach Mike Eaves, Wisconsin is heating up at the right time. After losing five straight games from Jan. 27 to Feb. 17, the Badgers have won three in a row, including a win over then-No. 10 Denver, to climb back into the top 25 of the PairWise Rankings. Wisconsin entered last weekend with just one win away from home on the season, but swept Bemidji State on the road with a pair of 4-2 victories. The Badgers are a young team that has only two seniors on the roster. They are led in scoring by sophomore forward Mark Zengerle (11g-33a) and junior defenseman Justin Schultz (15g-27a). Sophomores Michael Mersch (13g-15a) and Tyler Barnes (8g-15a) and freshman Joseph LaBate (5g-15a) each have 20 points or more.

Aside from Schultz, Wisconsin is led defensively by second-year skater Frankie Simonelli (5g-13a), rookie Jake McCabe (3g-6a), and junior captain John Ramage (3g-6a). Freshmen Joel Rumpel and Landon Peterson have played a majority of the time between the pipes. Rumpel has played more minutes, posting a 10-9-2 record with a 2.70 goals against average and a .910 save percentage, but Peterson has started two of the team's last three games. Peterson is 5-6-0 with a 3.02 goals against average and an .896 save percentage on the year.

Chasing The Cup: Minnesota is chasing its first MacNaughton Cup since 2006-07 when the Gophers finished with 39 points at 18-7-3 in the WCHA. This year, Minnesota is 19-7-0 and has 38 points with two games to play. Minnesota Duluth is 16-6-4 and has 36 points and is the only team capable of catching the Gophers. If Minnesota is able to secure two points against Wisconsin this weekend or if Minnesota Duluth suffers, a loss at St. Cloud State, the Gophers will capture their first MacNaughton Cup since 2006-07.

Home Ice: Minnesota has secured home ice and a top-two seed for the WCHA playoffs. Minnesota will host a soon-to-be-determined opponent in a best-of-three series on March 9-11 at Mariucci Arena in the first round of the playoffs. The Gophers are 14-5-0 at home this year and 10-2-0 in home WCHA games (overtime loss to Michigan Tech and a last-minute loss to Colorado College).
                        Originally posted by CavalryNate
                        Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                        sigpic

Comment

Cheering against teams is something I try to stay away from......but I just can't do it!

A couple years ago when the regional was at tX, I was a huge NMU fan in the hopes that SUCS would still be irrelevant in NCAA tourney games. NMU fans applauded our effort, but we just couldn't make it happen. The last thing I wanted was for SUCS to win a tourney game and all of the sudden feel like they are worth two craps.

And I watched the Michigan/NoDak Frozen Four game and hell yeah, I stood up and cheered in my apartment when Michigan hit the empty net!

I know there are a lot of people that can watch college hockey neutrally, but if it is a game with sconnie, SUCS, UND, etc, I am not one of those people.
                          "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I loved that. I'm sorry, but that was awesome.

I just noticed the Michigan player shooting one right back to the fan. Classic.

Comment

Originally posted by wjefwhite View Post
                              Very stupid comment. It adds nothing.
                              I nominate this for best post ever. You truly are a genius among fools. Congratulations.

Comment

Plenty of paint thinner in this one.

A Wisconsin husband busted for beating his wife in a domestic dispute over finances offered a unique defense: "A ghost did it." Fond du Lac cops arrived at Michael West's home to find his wife, Rebecca, "crying very hard and bleeding from her nose," according to a police report. She said her husband struck her, and tried to strangle her.

West told officers his wife had fallen repeatedly to the floor and was strangled by a "ghost." He's been charged with attempted strangulation, battery, disorderly conduct, and resisting arrest—and has been ordered to stay sober.

Comment

Working...
                                X