Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota hosts Wisconsin: March 2-3 - MacNaughton in the house

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    Whatever. Y'all know I'll melt down again at some point and then we'll all be mortal enemies again.

Congrats on your Cup - hope Anchorage sweeps you.
    Dammit, it was going to be Pos too.

Comment

I tell you what wisconsin got a gift tonight, I dont think anyone can argue that. Yeah they played a great game, I shouldnt say great cause I think pretty much any team could have finished tonight against the gophers. I just dont know how the boys didnt show up tonight, they should have been all jacked up!

I think we will see a different team tomorrow night, the lines were way out of sink tonight and that might have been the difference tonight. That being said they need to dig deep and find that pride and play the game tomorrow night. If the Gophers play the game the way it is suppose to be played there is not a team in the country that could beat them! They have the best talent in the league, you hear Johnny Pohl talk about that 01-02 team and they played as a team, they had heart, they had pride in putting that M on their chest. That team played hockey, and this team I think has the same characteristics. We just had a bad game tonight and I expect us to return to form tomorrow night!

One quick ? though.... What is up with Marshall that guy has more problems with the puck, he seems to whiff on passes all the time. tonight it lead to a goal!

Comment

if the lines were in the sink where they should have been the gophers would have destroyed!!!!!! merry christmas wisco!!!! no denying that this gopher team will turn it around because they are totally not overrated!!!!!!!!

Comment

Shibby looked pretty good in relief. Granted the Badgers weren't pressing at that point. Not saying they had to in the first place.
          the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            Or he has a concussion and they can't tell anybody.
            First they haven't beaten anybody, and now they can't tell anybody?

****, anybody is always ****ing our **** up.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              Wisconsin sure knows how to play Jacques Lemaire style hockey. Good job. Not only the worst game of the year for the Gophers but also the most boring.
              Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
              The style does win hockey games.
              First off, whatever. Second off, the Badgers did this more with puck possession (which they've usually sucked at all year) than anything else. Third, it honestly doesn't bother me. It's totally legit and actually does require good skating if you can do it without the Devils/Ducks style of clutching and grabbing.

Also, any team that passes as poorly as the gophers did today is just asking to be beat by a system like that. The best way to get around it is to pass effectively, and the gophers couldn't make a pass on a drunken fat chick tonight.

I'm actually starting to feel a small twinkle of hope for next season. Why am I doing this to myself?
              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                First off, whatever. Second off, the Badgers did this more with puck possession (which they've usually sucked at all year) than anything else. Third, it honestly doesn't bother me. It's totally legit and actually does require good skating if you can do it without the Devils/Ducks style of clutching and grabbing.

Also, any team that passes as poorly as the gophers did today is just asking to be beat by a system like that. The best way to get around it is to pass effectively, and the gophers couldn't make a pass on a drunken fat chick tonight.

I'm actually starting to feel a small twinkle of hope for next season. Why am I doing this to myself?
                Poor passing? Poor passing was the least of their concerns. Getting beat to pucks, pushed off pucks, having no puck support, establishing no fore check, not back checking, and looking overall lethargic were problems tonight. Absolutely brutal effort by the Gophers.
                @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                  and the gophers couldn't make a pass on a drunken fat chick tonight.
                  I said they were the skating MNSes tonight, and I stand by that judgment. Good to see you concur.
                  You're basically the desperate dude that has zero shot with a girl but who suddenly holds out hope because she smiled in your general direction. The time to lower your expectations is at hand. Just don't follow the example of your fellow residents by lowering them to innocent woodland creatures.

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
                    Poor passing? Poor passing was the least of their concerns. Getting beat to pucks, pushed off pucks, having no puck support, establishing no fore check, not back checking, and looking overall lethargic were problems tonight. Absolutely brutal effort by the Gophers.
                    I actually do think poor passing was the biggest of their issues. While the effort was anything but good, it was good enough to at least earn a tie if the passing wasn't so god awful. Sure, they would have given up a couple from losing battles in front of their net. But they also would have hit at least 1 of those WIDE open nets during the game, been able to have some semblance of offensive zone possession and avoided ridiculous turn-overs that lead to goals.
                    WI buried MN in that 2nd period, and they deserve credit for that. Because even though it was one of the worst periods I have seen MN play this season, the opposition still has to make them pay, and UW did.
                    Zengerle made Helgeson look absolutely foolish.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around Boyd skating in between Rau and Budish. Nothing against Boyd, but the kid has only played 75% of the games and he was on the 4th line for all of those. What kind of message does it send to put a 4th liner/healthy scratch on the top line?
                    Maybe in a month when Boyd is scoring goals against 3rd and 4th liners in the NCAAs I'll look back and say it was a good decision. But right now? That **** just didn't make sense. And not just because that line was completely ineffectual.

Comment

Congratulations to Bucky on what must have been a very well played game. Beating the gophs in their barn is difficult and very satisfying.

And yeah, congratulations to the gophs on winning at least a share of the Cup. It's not the banner the gophers have their sights set on, but it's a he!! of an accomplishment in this conference. There will be a lot of horsepower in the B10 and that regular season title will be a prize too, but I think Gopher and Bucky fans might look back fondly and with considerable pride at the MacNaughton Cups they've won over the years. When you figure UND, UMinn, UW, UMD, Denver, and CC are after that Cup every year, getting it means a lot of things have gone well all season long and you've had a lot of fun weekends.

So congrats. Feel free to puke it up from here on in.

Comment

I bought a set of season tickets with a friend, he got most of the Friday nights, and I got Saturdays. He is so ****ed, it's like we are watching 2 different teams.
                        XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                        Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

I was impressed by the rodent announcers, I thought they were pretty objective, though the between the benches guy didn't know the right score between the 2nd and 3rd period.

I thought UW got away with a few trips, and that was a key component because it kept the rodent pp off the ice. I'm sure the refs missed a few calls against the rodents, but nothing jumped out at me during the game.

UW played well in all facets but scoring chances, UW's top end guys buried the puck, which was a huge problem during the losing streak.

I really appreciated all the clean hitting by both teams in the first period, really excellent physical play. Too bad neither team could sustain that hitting pace.

I was pleased to see UW's strategy was not dump and chase, they entered the O zone and kept possession quite frequently. This clean entry did not turn into a ton of chances though. UW did screw up a couple very good chances on the transition.
                          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                            I was impressed by the rodent announcers, I thought they were pretty objective, though the between the benches guy didn't know the right score between the 2nd and 3rd period.

I thought UW got away with a few trips, and that was a key component because it kept the rodent pp off the ice. I'm sure the refs missed a few calls against the rodents, but nothing jumped out at me during the game.

UW played well in all facets but scoring chances, UW's top end guys buried the puck, which was a huge problem during the losing streak.

I really appreciated all the clean hitting by both teams in the first period, really excellent physical play. Too bad neither team could sustain that hitting pace.

I was pleased to see UW's strategy was not dump and chase, they entered the O zone and kept possession quite frequently. This clean entry did not turn into a ton of chances though. UW did screw up a couple very good chances on the transition.
                            "The between the benches guy"? You don't know who Tom Chorske is?

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
                              Beating the gophs in their barn is difficult and very satisfying.
                              Not on Fridays it's not.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                                Congratulations to Bucky on what must have been a very well played game. Beating the gophs in their barn is difficult and very satisfying.

And yeah, congratulations to the gophs on winning at least a share of the Cup. It's not the banner the gophers have their sights set on, but it's a he!! of an accomplishment in this conference. There will be a lot of horsepower in the B10 and that regular season title will be a prize too, but I think Gopher and Bucky fans might look back fondly and with considerable pride at the MacNaughton Cups they've won over the years. When you figure UND, UMinn, UW, UMD, Denver, and CC are after that Cup every year, getting it means a lot of things have gone well all season long and you've had a lot of fun weekends.

So congrats. Feel free to puke it up from here on in.
                                Quit making sense....

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                                And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                                Twenty red lights in his honor
                                Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Working...
                                X