Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SOLDIER FIELD 2013 • Wisconsin vs. Minnesota & Miami vs. Notre Dame

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
    I disagree. Plenty of Blackhawks jerseys and Bears hats at the game, so it got quite a bit of local draw. That visibility, in another Big Ten market, is never a bad thing IMO.
    What visibility?

So you put on an event like this, spend all that money and time so that 10-20 thousand local event attendees can be exposed to bad hockey at an incredible distance?

I'd hate to have you in charge of my company's marketing budget. There are plenty of more cost effective ways to expose a much larger audience to a better product than this.

This wasn't about exposure or growing the sport. This was about a payday for everyone involved.

Get real.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
      What visibility?

So you put on an event like this, spend all that money and time so that 10-20 thousand local event attendees can be exposed to bad hockey at an incredible distance?

I'd hate to have you in charge of my company's marketing budget. There are plenty of more cost effective ways to expose a much larger audience to a better product than this.

This wasn't about exposure or growing the sport. This was about a payday for everyone involved.

Get real.
      Maybe Wisconsin was trying to recruit more fans

Like a traveling concert tour, they bring their super duper cool band, prevent the opponent from bringing theirs, then just dance all game long.

I mean it's obvious that it's growing old in Madison, so why not broaden the base?
      Last edited by JDUBBS1280; 02-19-2013, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
        Maybe Wisconsin was trying to recruit more fans

Like a traveling concert tour, they bring their super duper cool band, prevent the opponent from bringing theirs, then just dance all game long.

I mean it's obvious that it's growing old in Madison, so why not broaden the base?

Good to see you're back to your old form.

It fans the wings of my inner butterfly to know that some things never change.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
          Good to see you're back to your old form.

It fans the wings of my inner butterfly to know that some things never change.
          Nah, I'm done trolling rational, reasonable posters.

Just the insecure, insufferable losers from time to time

Let go of the anger Gurty

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
            What visibility?

Get real.
            Dammit!!! Stop making sense! I hate agreeing with you.

Outdoor games are a stupid idea and they've already set attendance records for the game at Michigan which will be difficult to touch. What is the frickin' point anymore other than money? Lots of complaints about site lines except those high up. So few people actually got to watch the game from a good vantage point and have the experience of being part of the crowd since they were too busy trying to warm up in the bathrooms.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post

Outdoor games are a stupid idea and they've already set attendance records for the game at Michigan which will be difficult to touch. What is the frickin' point anymore other than money? Lots of complaints about site lines except those high up. So few people actually got to watch the game from a good vantage point and have the experience of being part of the crowd since they were too busy trying to warm up in the bathrooms.
              We had a ton of fun. To each their own I guess. The only aspect that really worries me is the potential of injuries because of the ice. If we have one in Minnesota, I hope they wait and piggy back with the Winter Classic. Ice will be much better.
              @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
              On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
              High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Pairwise Rankings Reminder for Gurty

1. Quinnipiac
                2. Minnesota
                27. Wisconsin

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post

I'm an incredibly smart guy.

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
                    We had a ton of fun. To each their own I guess. The only aspect that really worries me is the potential of injuries because of the ice. If we have one in Minnesota, I hope they wait and piggy back with the Winter Classic. Ice will be much better.
                    I'm sure the experience was fun. I don't doubt that. But if you went to actually watch a hockey game I doubt anyone was satisfied with that. It was for the experience alone and that's the only way I'd go, with a big rowdy group that I like hanging out with.

Comment

Candid shot of some of the few Badger hockey fans out there during one of the few Badger hockey games that get televised this past Sunday.

Looks like they don't like the SNOOZE PUCK style of play

Comment

• Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                        I'm sure the experience was fun. I don't doubt that. But if you went to actually watch a hockey game I doubt anyone was satisfied with that. It was for the experience alone and that's the only way I'd go, with a big rowdy group that I like hanging out with.
                        We had fairly good seats at the top of the lower deck. TVs right by our seats and a great view of the ice. Not as good as Mecca, but what is?
                        @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                        On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                        High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Candid shot of some of the few Badger hockey fans out there during one of the few Badger hockey games that get televised this past Sunday.

Last edited by Gurtholfin; 02-19-2013, 03:27 PM.

Comment

For sale:

3 cadaver dogs previously patrolled the few seats that fans occupied at Mariucci Arena during the 2007-2011 seasons.

Meet Sadie and Trina both spayed and very friendly even if you are at home watching the games, Brent.
                            *****http://coroners.ky.gov/NR/rdonlyres/16E9BF4D-2B22-4720-8356-ADE40190C136/0/2008ConferenceAllyandRayna.jpg******

This is Charlie he is has lot's of energy left over from the 2010-2011 season and is looking for a loving home!
                            *****http://www.tcrfla.org/bdrcolumbia02a.jpg******
                            "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                            Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                            The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                            Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

• Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
                              For sale:

3 cadaver dogs previously patrolled the few seats that fans occupied at Mariucci Arena during the 2007-2011 seasons.

Meet Sadie and Trina both spayed and very friendly even if you are at home watching the games, Brent.
                              *****http://coroners.ky.gov/NR/rdonlyres/16E9BF4D-2B22-4720-8356-ADE40190C136/0/2008ConferenceAllyandRayna.jpg******

This is Charlie he is has lot's of energy left over from the 2010-2011 season and is looking for a loving home!
                              *****http://www.tcrfla.org/bdrcolumbia02a.jpg******
                              Your complete obsession with the Gophers is delightfully delicious

Comment

LOL! This reminds me of the BADger fan we had the "pleasure" of interacting with on the train ride back to my buddy's place. He started about twenty "Let's go Badgers" chants in the short period we were on the train with him as he foamed at the mouth a little and spit a little with every word he spoke. He truly epitomized BADger fans for me as he looked and sounded like he truly was unfit to be in public without supervision. After all the chanting and some slight drooling, he took a seat when one opened up and he was so tuckered out that he fell asleep. I think the poor guy missed his stop, hahahahaha! Now, we took a picture of this wonderful 50 year old gentleman(yes, he told us how old he was....even though no one aksed), but due to the drama that was caused by idiots posting pictures of other posters, I will not post here just in case. It's priceless, though, I assure you!
                                "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X