Just trying to be helpful!
    Tell Gurt to enjoy the extra free time this Spring
    @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
    On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
    High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

• Re: SOLDIER FIELD 2013 • Wisconsin vs. Minnesota & Miami vs. Notre Dame

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
      Sorry the rep didn't do anything for you.

Edit: I wonder if I should be paying attention in this meeting I'm sitting in right now.

This is important stuff we're getting to the bottom (get it!?! ) of here. I'm sure they'd understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Mile High Hockey View Post
        Nope, but we did play them.
        Sorry but trying to figure it out would be too distracting from the thread of whining and we really need to focus on that to keep it going. I sense it starting to wain a bit.

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
        Tell Gurt to enjoy the extra free time this Spring
        Excellent point!

Comment

Nope, but we did play them.

Ummmm...

St. Cloud State University?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
            Sorry but trying to figure it out would be too distracting from the thread of whining and we really need to focus on that to keep it going. I sense it starting to wain a bit.
            And some were worried the rivalry with UW wouldn't hear up

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
              You're right. Let's get this back on track.

Ice conditions yesterday...if they were good, would the Gophers have won by 10 goals, or more than 10 goals?

Badger/Wisconsin fans...are they the worst fans in the WCHA, or in all of college hockey?

Discuss. Hahaha.

Comment

Tiggs - tell mnstateOfhockey that the quip about Spring wasn't very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                  Tiggs - tell mnstateOfhockey that the quip about Spring wasn't very nice.

I would but I totally agree, so you're on your own there. There's a line between being helpful and doing what's right.

Comment

It was revealed that this was hooked up to the main chiller lines at Soldier Field.

*****http://www.tv-items.net/manage/eWeb/UploadFile/201051392721519.jpg******

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
                      I mistakenly gave him the benefit of the doubt. I went to school in Wisconsin and have lived here for 10+ years. Married to a Wisconsin girl. Have plenty of UW fans as friends as well. I know his type. Grew up with the whole Packer mystique thing, and has the mind set that Wisconsin fans are the best sports fans in the World, regardless of the sport, etc... If you make any comment that blows a whole in that mentality, they go ape crap and get all defensive.

I don't know how many UW hockey fans have pointed to their attendance figures over the years to boast about how great their fans are, but then get all defensive when you ask them why so few of their games are televised.

As for how "knowledgable" their fans are in general, I have plenty of Badger hockey fans as in-laws and friends who willingly admit that they didn't follow the sport growing up and just attend the games for entertainment purposes. They don't get upset when teased about something dumb they say, and are quick to tease me when I say something dumb when we are watching a Badger basketball game (I'm an unknowledgble BBall fan). It's just good natured ribbing between fan bases. It only becomes personal when these types of of guys can't laugh at the shortcomings of their own fanbases or themselves and turn it into an argument.

I just found it odd that they have been complaining about attendance for months in their own thread, but as soon as a Gopher fan makes any reference to their attendance issues, all of a sudden they don't have attendance problems anymore and the excuses begin. But again, as soon as they start out-drawing us during the regular season, we'll start hearing about how great their attendance is again

Let me preface this by saying I'm no doctor, but I certainly recognize what is going on. It's ok, I know how it is, you think "What's the harm? These guys are all doing it, I'll just try it."

That's how it starts, and for us, it's alright. We were born to it. But the thinner is not for you my friend. It's not for you.

Oh sure, it has imparted a certain reasonableness to some of your posts on this board , but just look at where you are now-- Discussing attendance like it's of paramount importance. (It is.) Attendance man... that's our thing... it's not for you.

Before you know it you'll find yourself dancing to beer songs in the aisles and looking longingly at every roadkill you pass by. All the while, deep down inside you're trying to stategize a way to get your D-man free in the high slot for a one timer, longing for your upright four legged friends, and feeling an uncontollable urge to blame refereeing and other external forces that in reality have nothing to do with the outcome for all your problems. Oh I can see you fighting it. You think you have it under control, but trust me, it's going to tear you apart.

Give it up, man. Get off the thinner while you still can... It's not for you.
                      Originally posted by WiscTJK
                      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                      Originally posted by Timothy A
                      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

• Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                        It was revealed that this was hooked up to the main chiller lines at Soldier Field.

*****http://www.tv-items.net/manage/eWeb/UploadFile/201051392721519.jpg******
                        Hahaha

Comment

I grew up in Denver (many moons ago), but was never really a Pioneer fan. My dad went to Minnesota, and if anything, I grew up a Gopher fan. Personally, I just like the game of college hockey in general, and I like to see good hockey on the ice. However, the incessant whining is annoying, yet amusing.

Carry on.
                          whining about whining is whining.
                          XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                          Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post

That seems to be the defense from the whiners when they're called on their whining. Pretty tough defense to boot.

So... is it not possible to criticize whining because that criticism is automatically construed as whining also?

What's the acceptable way to say something negative about whining whiners?

Can we establish this in the bylaws?

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                              That seems to be the defense from the whiners when they're called on their whining. Pretty tough defense to boot.

So... is it not possible to criticize whining because that criticism is automatically construed as whining also?

What's the acceptable way to say something negative about whining whiners?

Can we establish this in the bylaws?
                              I doubt it.
                              XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                              Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                                I suppose I'll have to defer to a fan from Whiner U on that one. After all, you are the experts in whining.

Comment

Working...
                                X