Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SOLDIER FIELD 2013 • Wisconsin vs. Minnesota & Miami vs. Notre Dame

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
    I find all this talk about the ice making this game a crapshoot to be right on. I mean, I guess according to the players the ice was ok in the first, but clearly they're just being courteous. MN gets a ton of quality shots but even then it's obvious the ice prevents them from finishing.

Of course then in the second the ice really goes to **** and for ten minutes the ice lets Bucky possess the puck, get it in deep and take a bunch of shots on what is obviously a ridiculous playing surface. Then the ice causes MN to get caught in a long, long shift, and Shulze sends one in that the ice causes Wilcox to misplay, and it goes in. What a screw job!

A minute later Haula freezes up (due to bad ice) and watches Ramage's looper go sailing right by him while Wilcox is standing up and out of position. (due to bad ice) and the ice deflects it in. The goofs are down 2-0 and I'm actually feeling bad about it at this point.

Even after these lapses, (due to bad ice) had this game been played indoors under normal circumstances the Gofer's dominating speed and skill would have kicked in and easily brought them back anyway. It's just the ******** ICE!
    It's reasonable because you guys are so awesome all the time. Despite (I think) your record in games you're down 2 goals being 0-1-1, I think it's clear to everyone the gofers would have still come back if it weren't for the ICE! (Even though arguably WI is the toughest team in the country to score on 5-5 given how anemic we are offensively and how little time we spend possessing the puck.)

Of course then due to choppy ice, Wilcox gives up another fat rebound and the goofs, hampered again by sketchy ice, watch Little miraculously glide above it untouched into the crease to knock it in. **** THIS ICE!

Clearly the rest of the way tICE prevents the Goofs from coming all the way back like they would have indoors. Even though the number of times they've done this all year is zero. (They have, however, coughed up a 3 goal lead (2 leads, actually) to powerhouse CC. Presumably after CC cleverly opened the doors at World Arena and ruined the ice in the 3rd period. Real classy, CC.)

Anyway, just sayin' I really empathise with the way tICE screwed you guys over. If I were Eaves, I'd petition the WCHA to throw out the results, or forfeit the game. Seriously. If we can't beat a better team by our goalie making some key saves, handling the puck well, and our boys out efforting and winning puck battles for a key stretch of the game, and taking advantage of some lapses by the defense and opposing goalie, then I don't want to win.

**** tICE!!!
    Hahaha, Great Post. All the whining coming from some Minnesota fans is hilarious.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mile High Hockey View Post
      Hahaha, Great Post. All the whining coming from some Minnesota fans is hilarious.
      As is the trash talk from the fan base that was outnumbered at a game that was supposed to be their home game by Gopher fans by at least 3-to-1

And that is being VERY conservative.
      @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
      On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
      High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
        As is the trash talk from the fan base that was outnumbered at a game that was supposed to be their home game by Gopher fans by at least 3-to-1

And that is being VERY conservative.
        I guess that explains why the whining posts outnumber the trash talk posts by at least 3-to-1 as well? Hahaha.

Also, for what it is worth, I am not a Wisconsin fan. I just find the non-stop bellyaching by certain Gopher fans to be rather hilarious.

Comment

I guess that explains why the whining posts outnumber the trash talk posts by at least 3-to-1 as well? Hahaha.

Also, for what it is worth, I am not a Wisconsin fan. I just find the non-stop bellyaching by certain Gopher fans to be rather hilarious.
          We're you at the game?

Comment

We're you at the game?
            Nope. I was on here listening to some of the sorest losers I've seen in some time. I also watched the game on TV...which probably provided a much better view than anywhere in the stands.

Comment

Nope. I was on here listening to some of the sorest losers I've seen in some time. I also watched the game on TV...which probably provided a much better view than anywhere in the stands.
              So, you're generalizing based on a dozen our so people's comments here?

Hahaha

I heard FAR more complaining about the Gopher's play than ice conditions from Gopher fans at the game.

Comment

And if the Badgers lost I'm sure there would be no complaining from your fanbase about the ice conditions

I'm not about to use the ice conditions as an excuse, because both teams were subjected to it, but you sound absolutely foolish by suggesting it didn't impact the game.

Badgers adjusted, the Gophers didn't. And yes, it did have a bigger impact on the way the Gophers wanted to play the game than it did on the way the Badgers wanted to play the game. That's just the truth. Even Badger fans on this board were admitting before the game that bad ice could even out the talent disparity. So just stop.

All that said, it's not like the Gophers have a team that is incapable of winning a slower, more physical game. They just got away from doing what they needed to do and it costed them. They stopped getting the puck in deep and forechecking and didn't establish a presence in front of the net until late. The Badgers got pucks to the net and guys out in front in the second period and got great goaltending thruought and that was the difference.

Enjoy the win before you take a look at the Pairwise and reality sets in again

It took almost unskateable ice but Bucky won the game. Kohl Center will be 97 degrees in future games vs umtc. Does not say much for the current state of the UW hockey program, which I am embarrased.
                UW won one freaking game. I don't think any Badger fan believes UW would beat minny on a consistent basis this season. Your team is going to the NCAA's and UW is not.

That being said, the Goofs should petition the NCAA for a four part win-loss record. W------L(opponent actually wins the game)------L(minny loses the game, or "other" circumstance)----------tie. This change provides clarification...

Comment

So, you're generalizing based on a dozen our so people's comments here?

Hahaha

I heard FAR more complaining about the Gopher's play than ice conditions from Gopher fans at the game.
                  I'm generalizing just as you are generalizing. It's fun isn't it! Hahaha.

Comment

• Originally posted by NEWI Badger Fan View Post
                    It took almost unskateable ice but Bucky won the game. Kohl Center will be 97 degrees in future games vs umtc. Does not say much for the current state of the UW hockey program, which I am embarrased.
                    UW won one freaking game. I don't think any Badger fan believes UW would beat minny on a consistent basis this season. Your team is going to the NCAA's and UW is not.

That being said, the Goofs should petition the NCAA for a four part win-loss record. W------L(opponent actually wins the game)------L(minny loses the game, or "other" circumstance)----------tie. This change provides clarification...
                    I haven't used the ice as an excuse. Look at my posts and my tweets. Badgers deserved the win. Great goaltending (the big difference maker IMO) and the took advantage of their chances. The Gophers let the conditions get in their heads. They are completely capable of winning a slow, physical game.

I blame the Gopher's inability to adjust and not the ice.

However.......Some of the ridiculous boasting from Badger fans at Soldier yesterday when Badger fans were outnumbered at least 3-to-1 for what was supposed to be their home game and their team faced with an uphill climb to even make the Tourney was a little over-the-top.

I attended the game with some Gopher and Badger fans, and had some good conversations with some Badger fans around me, but I was a little annoyed by some of the trash talking by Badger fans who were clearly unaware of what type of season both teams were having and were clearly not hockey fans, but just there for the event.

All that said, the most embarrassing thing from yesterday was that the University of Minnesota didn't see it fit to bring their band or Goldy.

Inexcusable!!!!

Comment

I'm generalizing just as you are generalizing. It's fun isn't it! Hahaha.
                      Well, I was at the game and the discussions there and on Twitter (far bigger sample size) completely contradicts your opinions. I'll leave it at that

Comment

However.......Some of the ridiculous boasting from Badger fans at Soldier yesterday when Badger fans were outnumbered at least 3-to-1 for what was supposed to be their home game and their team faced with an uphill climb to even make the Tourney was a little over-the-top.

Again, the window dressing that you're trying to hang your hat on...

Nobody looked at this as a Badger "home" game. This was our third outdoor game in 8 years. The novelty has worn off and many of us hate these things.

OF course lots of you guys went. You're noobs to this and your team has been looked at all season as a championship contender.

Hope it was fun.

Comment

Paul Allen disagrees and blames the ice.
                          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                            Paul Allen disagrees and blames the ice.
                            Haha... That proves my point

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                              Again, the window dressing that you're trying to hang your hat on...

Nobody looked at this as a Badger "home" game. This was our third outdoor game in 8 years. The novelty has worn off and many of us hate these things.

OF course lots of you guys went. You're noobs to this and your team has been looked at all season as a championship contender.

Hope it was fun.
                              But it was your home game. Not sure how you're going to argue the Geograhy doesn't favor your fan base either.

Love the "noobs" excuse. Pure, B.S., but creative

It was fun, and did meet some great Badger fans by me. Even shared some beers. Great event, great game, and great rivalry

Comment

But it was your home game. Not sure how you're going to argue the Geograhy doesn't favor your fan base either.

Love the "noobs" excuse. Pure, B.S., but creative

How's that B.S.?

If you've never been to one of these (noob), the allure will be much stronger for the first one that your team has ever played in. In addition, the hockey team is your marquee program.

If you have been to one (or two) and didn't think that much of it, or thought that it was just okay, you're not going again. You're not spending the money or time.

Geography has nothing to do with it. Interest does.

Badger fans, historically travel VERY well to things that they are interested in. That's just fact. We're known for it.

This held very little interest and for many good reasons.

Comment

Working...
                                X