PDA

View Full Version : SCORES! of 2/25/12 - For most, the NCAA tournament has begun!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11

Birdwatcher
02-25-2012, 11:18 PM
And St Thomas and Elmira rejoice... Among others..

I believe the Plattsburgh win puts a nail in the Elmira coffin!? IMHO

Dyce
02-25-2012, 11:23 PM
I believe the Plattsburgh win puts a nail in the Elmira coffin!? IMHO

Yep, either Plattsburgh or Oswego will fall into Pool C next weekend, so this win just solidifies Plattsburgh's spot if that happens.

97osu
02-26-2012, 12:16 AM
cards win

It's about fu&^%$# time! The SUNYAC final is the way it should be

Birdwatcher
02-26-2012, 12:17 AM
The site seemed to be down for a while. Anyone else have problems?

Hammer
02-26-2012, 12:18 AM
So it wasn't just me, then. Good.

MountieBoyOz
02-26-2012, 12:23 AM

I did as well. I think the weight of the Oz and Platty fans broke it. :D

norm1909
02-26-2012, 12:23 AM

Yes I think everyone posting that the Cardinals had finally ended the game over loaded it ;)

norm1909
02-26-2012, 12:26 AM
It isn't often that the last game of the night ends in the east - and it's not an NCAA Championship match.

Birdwatcher
02-26-2012, 12:28 AM
So, what is the concensus for the ECACW. In or out? Or is it still up in the air?

norm1909
02-26-2012, 12:29 AM
So, what is the concensus for the ECACW. In or out? Or is it still up in the air?

Unless Utica makes it, they are out. ;)

Birdwatcher
02-26-2012, 12:40 AM
Unless Utica makes it, they are out. ;)

FX MATT makes Utica (Club) and some other potent potables! I would say they are out. I believe that is enough about Utica for this year! As Ducky would say "Stick a fork in Utica, They are done"

norm1909
02-26-2012, 01:16 AM
FX MATT makes Utica (Club) and some other potent potables! I would say they are out. I believe that is enough about Utica for this year! As Ducky would say "Stick a fork in Utica, They are done"

Heck, hockey hasn't even started yet this year, we are still finishing up what we started LAST year ;)

That said, since the fork is in Utica, so it is in the ECAC-West.

Ready for the post-season? (http://www.uscho.com/1999/02/19/what-happens-when-the-season-ends/)

Birdwatcher
02-26-2012, 01:37 AM
Heck, hockey hasn't even started yet this year, we are still finishing up what we started LAST year ;)

That said, since the fork is in Utica, so it is in the ECAC-West.

Ready for the post-season? (http://www.uscho.com/1999/02/19/what-happens-when-the-season-ends/)

Ah Yes; Goodnight Shultz... Goodnight Dooley!

jerrynu26
02-26-2012, 11:36 AM
St.Olaf defeats St.Thomas....Pool C?
Doubtful, CSS probably gets that one. They were already ahead of UST.

snc1
02-26-2012, 12:36 PM
Doubtful, CSS probably gets that one. They were already ahead of UST.

CSS is done. The only way the west gets four is if SNC looses Saturday.

Note: you will see me on an upcoming episode of Doomsday Preppers if the Green Knights lose cuz that will mean the freaking apocalypse is near.

NUProf
02-26-2012, 12:42 PM
Yes I think everyone posting that the Cardinals had finally ended the game over loaded it ;)
And earlier it looks like the four, five, six duplicate posts touting Oswego goals almost did the same thing. This site is not USCHO - this is NYCHO

Hammer
02-26-2012, 12:44 PM
............NYCHO

Dammit. Now I want nachos. Thanks.

norm1909
02-26-2012, 01:02 PM
And earlier it looks like the four, five, six duplicate posts touting Oswego goals almost did the same thing. This site is not USCHO - this is NYCHO

I agree with you, it is all about US (http://sunyac.com/index.aspx?path=mhockey) ;) :p

CROSBYNU63
02-26-2012, 01:18 PM
Parity is not that far off for the ECAC East. UNE will complete their new rink soon which I believe will bring them into play. They have a good coaching staff in place and just need a couple of good recruiting years to make the jump. I predict they will follow a similar path as Castleton. If the league could just straighten out the Saint A's, St Mikes situation we would have a very nice group.

NUProf
02-26-2012, 01:41 PM
Parity is not that far off for the ECAC East. UNE will complete their new rink soon which I believe will bring them into play. They have a good coaching staff in place and just need a couple of good recruiting years to make the jump. I predict they will follow a similar path as Castleton. If the league could just straighten out the Saint A's, St Mikes situation we would have a very nice group.

For the first 15 minutes or so of the game, UNE was running a pretty well disciplined trapping game. The problem is that they just didn't have enough stamina/skill to keep it going through the whole game. St. Mikes and St. Anselm are a conundrum for sure. I think they could be better if they had something to play for - Would it work if the Pool A bid went to the top D3 team in the reg season standings, and then the playoffs included everybody. That way, when they played league games they would be playing for seeding/home ice in the playoffs. The regular season champ would still have to play to win in the playoffs, otherwise they would hurt their seeding for the NCAAs. I know the ECAC wouldn't even consider a plan like that (which would also solve the problems on the women's side for the Saints and Holy Cross.

Of course the problem with the D2 would also go away if they could either move their entire programs to DIII or get legislation allowing "play downs" to D2 if there is no D2 national championship and the teams followed D3 financial aid policies. If we could get the rest of the NE-10 to count as DIII, the tournament could be 12 teams, too.

Getting the NCAA to approve something like my play down plan is unlikely at best.