Forward - Ryan Seward, Southern Maine
Forward - Doug Lindensmith, Norwich
Forward - Mike Driscoll, Babson
Defense - Alec Thieda, Norwich
Defense - Greg Merrill, Saint Anselm
Goalie - Alex Scola, UMass Boston

hawk
02-24-2012, 02:51 PM
Prez just wondering why Justin Alonzo of Castleton and Travis Yanke were not included on the !st and 2nd team? These two players are some of the most productive players in the ECAC E. They are 4th and 5th in ECAC-E Confrence Stats and are both prime time players.

CROSBYNU63
02-24-2012, 03:12 PM
Prez didn't want them on...come on Hawk how the H--- does he know.

Prez just wondering why Justin Alonzo of Castleton and Travis Yanke were not included on the !st and 2nd team? These two players are some of the most productive players in the ECAC E. They are 4th and 5th in ECAC-E Confrence Stats and are both prime time players.

PrezdeJohnson09
02-24-2012, 03:15 PM

Travis Janke.

Come on hawkster...We gotta spell our own guys' names right!

The answer to your question is they didn't get enough votes from the other coaches to make the top two teams.

norm1909
02-24-2012, 03:52 PM

I could tell you, but it would cost you a steak!! :p :mad:

hawk
02-24-2012, 03:52 PM
Travis Janke.

Come on hawkster...We gotta spell our own guys' names right!

The answer to your question is they didn't get enough votes from the other coaches to make the top two teams.

Sorry for the typo but after watching all the ECAC E this year it just seemed that Janke and Alonzo should of been included. They have different style's of play but are both very effective and play for the top 2 teams in the East. Am I off base on this one???

PrezdeJohnson09
02-24-2012, 04:14 PM
Sorry for the typo but after watching all the ECAC E this year it just seemed that Janke and Alonzo should of been included. They have different style's of play but are both very effective and play for the top 2 teams in the East. Am I off base on this one???

I don't have a problem with any of the six forwards selected. I think they are all tremendous players.

Norwich and Castleton already got four of the six forward slots, what more could you want?

hawk
02-24-2012, 04:25 PM
I don't have a problem with any of the six forwards selected. I think they are all tremendous players.

Norwich and Castleton already got four of the six forward slots, what more could you want?

I can see your point how that these players got caught in a numbers game. It will be interesting to see how productive these players will be in the ECAC-E playoffs compared to guys who got selected.

17'sfanNU
02-24-2012, 06:38 PM
Again, congrats to Pier-Olivier Cotnoir, Kyle Thomas, Shawn Baker, Alec Theida, Doug Lindensmith and Coach McShane, Norwich was certainly well represented on the ECAC EAst All Conference Teams. I have to agree with Hawk, I really thought Travis Janke would be selected for the first team based on his stats OVERALL. When you look at the ECAC stats only, he has less points, but overall, he's the highest scorer (8-26=34) on the team. I kind of look at him as the main play maker on the team, quiet and VERY EFFECTIVE. I have to admit though, it would almost be embarrassing if the whole first team was made up of Norwich players, it would definately make that bullseye huge, as if it isn't already.

jerrynu26
02-24-2012, 11:16 PM
Again, congrats to Pier-Olivier Cotnoir, Kyle Thomas, Shawn Baker, Alec Theida, Doug Lindensmith and Coach McShane, Norwich was certainly well represented on the ECAC EAst All Conference Teams. I have to agree with Hawk, I really thought Travis Janke would be selected for the first team based on his stats OVERALL. When you look at the ECAC stats only, he has less points, but overall, he's the highest scorer (8-26=34) on the team. I kind of look at him as the main play maker on the team, quiet and VERY EFFECTIVE. I have to admit though, it would almost be embarrassing if the whole first team was made up of Norwich players, it would definately make that bullseye huge, as if it isn't already.

Unfortunately for him, conference awards are based on conference play.
And I really enjoy his playmaking skills, and the steady way he always seems to play.

CROSBYNU63
02-25-2012, 09:42 AM
Good luck with that, guy doesn't pay his obligations.

I could tell you, but it would cost you a steak!! :p :mad:

AldenPartridge1819
02-26-2012, 07:29 AM
I'm disgusted that Travis Janke is not on one of these teams. He's the leading scorer on the team. He was 4th in the conference in points, only 1 behind POTY Cotnoir. He led the conference in assists! 4 more than the 2nd guy. He had more assists than a bunch of these guys had points. Cotnoir is a great player, but he is not POTY without Janke setting him up. I think Janke has been Norwich's most consistent all-around player this year. I can't help but think the reason he was not included is because he wasn't even nominated. I've heard that coaches can only nominate so many players, so that the teams aren't filled with one team's guys. If that's true, although he had a great first year, someone like Thieda should not be nominated over your leading scorer.

I'm not trying to take anything away from the guys that made. They are all deserving. Congrats to them! But, IMO, the most deserving guy got left out, and that's Travis Janke.

NUProf
02-26-2012, 11:49 AM
I'm disgusted that Travis Janke is not on one of these teams. He's the leading scorer on the team. He was 4th in the conference in points, only 1 behind POTY Cotnoir. He led the conference in assists! 4 more than the 2nd guy. He had more assists than a bunch of these guys had points. Cotnoir is a great player, but he is not POTY without Janke setting him up. I think Janke has been Norwich's most consistent all-around player this year. I can't help but think the reason he was not included is because he wasn't even nominated. I've heard that coaches can only nominate so many players, so that the teams aren't filled with one team's guys. If that's true, although he had a great first year, someone like Thieda should not be nominated over your leading scorer.

I'm not trying to take anything away from the guys that made. They are all deserving. Congrats to them! But, IMO, the most deserving guy got left out, and that's Travis Janke.

It's the coaches' vote, and is based on league statistics, not overall statistics. As far as league statistics are concerned Cotnoir was the Cadets' leading scorer

AldenPartridge1819
02-26-2012, 03:42 PM
It's the coaches' vote, and is based on league statistics, not overall statistics. As far as league statistics are concerned Cotnoir was the Cadets' leading scorer

I said I knew he was 4th in conference points. 1st in assists. And, it's the coaches vote based on nominations. That's why I can't help but think that he wasn't nominated.

hockeyfan77
02-26-2012, 06:27 PM
Still not as bad as Carragher not getting player of the year a few years back: :)