Maine @ Northeastern x2 | 2/24-25/12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maine @ Northeastern x2 | 2/24-25/12

Maine wants to secure home ice, NU wants to get into the playoffs ahead of UMASS or UNH.
    Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
    Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Re: Maine @ Northeastern x2 | 2/24-25/12

what's up with all your threads on game day itself..
    i know, too much distraction on the other threads.. well, Go Huskies.. will be a tough task no doubt.
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
      Maine wants to secure home ice, NU wants to get into the playoffs ahead of UMASS or UNH.
      Maine doesn't want to fall back and finish without home ice in the playoffs facing any of BU, BC, Merrimack, Lowell - they've been on a nice run since late November, but it would be tough to take 2 of 3 from any of these teams on the road.

I'm hoping for 3 points (minimum) out of this weekend. NU has their own motivation as you said - securing a playoff spot. It should make for a couple of interesting and hard-fought games.

Comment

I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't see these games being close. Rawlings has been a mess recently, its been a struggle to score goals without Ferriero and Quailer and Bitetto has not proven himself to be the shutdown guy we saw in the BU quarterfinal series last March. All of that adds up to big weekends for the far and away best line in the conference (Diamond-Abbott-Flynn). Maine is a bit underrated I think, and they may very well be the 2nd best team in the conference (after BC).

Friday: Maine 5-2
        Saturday: Maine 4-1
        2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
        2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

TB, you might be right. On the other hand that's why we play the games..
          GO NU HOCKEY
          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
            Rawlings has been a mess recently, its been a struggle to score goals without Ferriero and Quailer and Bitetto has not proven himself to be the shutdown guy ...
            I think your assessment of the situation is spot-on. I've been waiting all year for Rawlings to put this team on his back and carry them through tough times. But except for a brief stretch between Thanksgiving and New Year's, it hasn't happened. But that doesn't excuse the offense for not scoring goals other than the onesies and twosies we've been getting--especially on the PP--even without Q and Cody. Somebody needs to step up and take charge.

Anthony??
            "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

What worries me the most about Maine...is which team shows up this weekend,the team that plays hungry or the team that plays the wait and see game...still comes down to goaltending/which netminder Sullivan or Rawlings comes up big from the get-go...Maine has the big edge in scoring,but again they could be very well be heading into a Hornets Nest with NU playing for the playoff lives. The Pressure is on Maine and anything that NU does over the weekend will be gravey.

Comment

Normally i'd say a split would help us.. however, we gotta go for it.. give it a 100% with the team (that's left) we got..
                If Rawlings has a bad weekend, i'd start Witt for the BU series.. i think he knows he can play better & i hope he does.

Set the tone tonight & early.. Maine is very talented, play 5x5 hockey.. let the chips fall where they may. Let's go Huskies! Let's get a lead & stay with it tonight.. this is our playoff weekend!
                GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

looks like the northeastern video feed is free tonight

http://client.stretchinternet.com/cl...astern.portal#

Comment

Are Qualier and Vroylk back for the series?,if so you never know NU can take one or both,on paper very unlikely,but all things are possible....

Either way,I'm very excited for both games and attending tomorrow night

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
                      looks like the northeastern video feed is free tonight

http://client.stretchinternet.com/cl...astern.portal#
                      It has been free all year,such a blessing!,and you can watch some past games through the on demand option,very nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Husky View Post
                        It has been free all year,such a blessing!,and you can watch some past games through the on demand option,very nice!
                        Nice! I'm impressed so far. I'd be happy if Maine would do this, but I'm not sure that it might actually hurt them attendance wise if they did.

Comment

Well, despite cheating us out of a goal and missing two head contact penalties, one of which drew blood but apparently wasn't seen, NU prevailed 4-2. I swear Shea has a vendetta against us.

That said, the Abbot-Diamond-Flynn line is filthy. They are so dominant in the offensive zone. Almost tied it at the end there.
                          Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
                          Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                            TB, you might be right. On the other hand that's why we play the games..
                            My prediction was way off but I'm happy I was wrong!
                            2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                            2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                            X