Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Neumann Poised for a Run? History says...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Neumann Poised for a Run? History says...

After Neumann's win 4-3 last night over rival Utica College, I was reminded of the championship run from 2009.

In 2009, Neumann who trailed Utica 3-2 going into the third, scored 2 goals on their way to a 4-3 win in the ECAC West 4/5 Play-in game. Last night, in the 4/5 play-in game, Neumann trailed Utica 3-1 heading into the 3rd, scoring 2 goals in the 3rd, and eventually to take the game in overtime 4-3.

Ironically, now head to Elmira for the semi-final game, which is the same quest as 2009. Ross has had great numbers in that building.

If Hobart beats Man'ville, and Neumann heads to Hobart for finals (like 2009), it might be destiny.

Hey, it's obvious.

Re: Is Neumann Poised for a Run? History says...

Dreaming is FREE.......never know

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Obvious View Post
      After Neumann's win 4-3 last night over rival Utica College, I was reminded of the championship run from 2009.

In 2009, Neumann who trailed Utica 3-2 going into the third, scored 2 goals on their way to a 4-3 win in the ECAC West 4/5 Play-in game. Last night, in the 4/5 play-in game, Neumann trailed Utica 3-1 heading into the 3rd, scoring 2 goals in the 3rd, and eventually to take the game in overtime 4-3.

Ironically, now head to Elmira for the semi-final game, which is the same quest as 2009. Ross has had great numbers in that building.

If Hobart beats Man'ville, and Neumann heads to Hobart for finals (like 2009), it might be destiny.

Hey, it's obvious.
      I know it would be more fun historically but Nuemann is probably better off if M'ville wins then they have three wins over NCAA ranked teams to move them up the ladder as they were the lowest Ncaa ranked team of the ecac west at #9 beating all three of the other teams should be enough to at least boast them up to 5/6 range which is about as low as they can be and still expect an at-large bid assuming they can win it all in the west tourney
      Last edited by UCAlum32; 02-23-2012, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Just like the 09 run Neumann has a solid core of seniors in the line-up, only difference is these guys have been there before. A neumann win on the road sure makes things interesting for an at large bid. The ECAC-W is to strong of a conference to not have it's champions represent at the national tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeyfan84 View Post
          Just like the 09 run Neumann has a solid core of seniors in the line-up, only difference is these guys have been there before. A neumann win on the road sure makes things interesting for an at large bid. The ECAC-W is to strong of a conference to not have it's champions represent at the national tournament.
          fish is that you
          Larry Normandin
          SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
          WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
            fish is that you
            Let's see:

Just like the 09 run UTICA has a solid core of seniors in the line-up, only difference is these guys have been there before. A UTICA win on the road sure makes things interesting for an at large bid. The ECAC-W is to strong of a conference to not have it's champions represent at the national tournament.
            Could be!

Comment

No fish here?

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeyfan84 View Post
                No fish here?
                Hummm
                Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Obvious View Post

Hey, it's obvious.
                  Are they still playing outdoors over there?
                  Lets go Brampton Battalions

Comment

Originally posted by unclenick View Post
                    It might as well be from what I have heard

Comment

Originally posted by unclenick View Post
                      Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                      It might as well be from what I have heard
                      "The Cooler" was finally enclosed a few years ago but from what I've heard and from what I remember a few years ago, it still isn't very warm!
                      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                        "The Cooler" was finally enclosed a few years ago but from what I've heard and from what I remember a few years ago, it still isn't very warm!
                        My 3 year old plays there every Saturday and while its not the CC or other newer rinks (cold wise) Cortland, Potsdam and a few others are much colder in warmer weather even. Having said that, its a community rink plain and simple.
                        Remy Babineaux
                        remyb616@gmail.com
                        D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                          My 3 year old plays there every Saturday and while its not the CC or other newer rinks (cold wise) Cortland, Potsdam and a few others are much colder in warmer weather even. Having said that, its a community rink plain and simple.
                          The freakin Stafford was cold as HelI, Norway during the recent Buffalo State, guess they turned off the heat when the regular season ended.
                          Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                            Hobart in December last season was not as cold as Cortland in October this season. The metal risers make it pretty uncomfortable but it's not that bad now with the glass. Back when the snow used to blow in it was pretty cold though.

Comment

I remember playing at Hobart in 84-87........Cold every time, and Romney was a little better as there were fans (people) in there to warm it up

Comment

Working...
                              X