Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with us?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with us?

BU has clinched a playoff spot and will play at least 2 QF games.
    If they play a full 3 game QF and reach the national championship they'll play 13 games the rest of the season.

I know it's not a great thread title but I can't stand the other one so... here it is.

UVM this weekend aaaaand, go!

The version where I can spell...
    Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

I'll take this thread for 400, Alex.
    Bugs Bunny - 96
    Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

Bingo, now we have a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
        Bingo, now we have a winner.
        With a little help...
        Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

mookie should know this: What's Vegas say our odds are for making it to another 13 games?
          Bugs Bunny - 96
          Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

I'm in for this one!

Comment

Please post in this thread
              #OneKnight

Comment

Everything we need to know about this team's future, in the next 48 hours. They should destroy Vermont, really. Anything less and I'm leaning towards the six... It's sad, but they either recover and move forward, or they don't. I don't see finding their game again in 4 games being an option.
                Boston University 2009 Champs
                Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Things are getting pretty thin on D. 13,4,5,21,2,and 6(?)...
                  Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Originally posted by candycanes99 View Post
                    Everything we need to know about this team's future, in the next 48 hours. They should destroy Vermont, really. Anything less and I'm leaning towards the six... It's sad, but they either recover and move forward, or they don't. I don't see finding their game again in 4 games being an option.
                    Anything less than a sweep this weekend would be a disappointment. This team has played much better on the road all season and hope that trend continues.

Given the unfortunate and difficult circumstances surrounding the program right now, playing 2 on the road this weekend may not be a bad thing. I'm curious to see what happens in the home regular-season finale next Friday from the attendance and fan response standpoint.

Comment

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
                      Anything less than a sweep this weekend would be a disappointment. This team has played much better on the road all season and hope that trend continues.

Given the unfortunate and difficult circumstances surrounding the program right now, playing 2 on the road this weekend may not be a bad thing. I'm curious to see what happens in the home regular-season finale next Friday from the attendance and fan response standpoint.
                      This^. Playing 2 in Vermont when they can leave Boston and all the drama on campus from Thursday to Sunday is hopefully just what the team needs. A sweep is a must for the confidence moving forward to Northeastern next weekend which will be interesting to say the least.There are going to be plenty of storylines between all the stuff with BU and Vinny Sap's first game back at Agganis. I would bet the students will be there in full force for the home game but who knows with the rest of the crowd.
                      GO BU

Comment

UVM is the worst Hockey East team I have seen in person since some of the bad Merrimack teams. Even last year's five win UML team was better. Their goaltender who led them to the Frozen Four in 2009 now cannot stop a beach ball. They cannot score to save their lives. BU is still a good hockey team without Nicastro. If the Terriers can focus, no way do they not sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
                          mookie should know this: What's Vegas say our odds are for making it to another 13 games?
                          I was actually in Vegas a week and a half ago, and none of the sport books I went in to (Tropicana, NY NY, Bellagio, Riviera, Hard Rock, MGM) had odds for the Frozen 4. Was not happy about this either.

Comment

Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
                            Things are getting pretty thin on D. 13,4,5,21,2,and 6(?)...
                            I like Rosen at Center...a Lot, but the team could always throw him back on D and dress Gilroy and Cisse.

Other than that it's time to see if Ronan can play.

UVM is having a down year but with the recent events and the fact that BU teams often look lost up there I'm not too excited for this match-up.
                            Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
                              I was actually in Vegas a week and a half ago, and none of the sport books I went in to (Tropicana, NY NY, Bellagio, Riviera, Hard Rock, MGM) had odds for the Frozen 4. Was not happy about this either.
                              By now anybody who doesn't realize the college hockey is a niche/regional sport with very LITTLE interest outside of its hotbed areas isn't paying attention. And I don't care how much "growth" there is regarding areas of the country they recruit from, the percentage of people in those areas who actually play is small. The reality is, unless you live where there is ice, the only way you can play is if you have enough money for equipment and ice time and that leaves most people out.

Comment

Working...
                              X