Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with us?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
    Horrible passing. An amazing amount of passes right onto Wildcat sticks. (It was like UNH was invisible). Lots of nasty turnovers. They were jumpy with the puck and they had no legs. Add in a Millan softie and a general lack of grit (against a soft team) and you have the poster child for playoff fail. This coming from a guy who loved this teams compete level in loses to UMass and Maine.

And now they are battling a flu bug. Good thing they have depth. Oh, wait...
    Yeah, that's what was upsetting to me, more than just the loss itself, it seemed as though they were indecisive. There was one play where (I think it was Privatera - but it could have been any of the d-men - it didin't matter) he had the puck behind the net and was being pursued. Another forechecker from coming in from the other wing. Instead of continuing to move the puck up the boards and out, he stopped, tried to turn around and go back and the puck popped out in front causing Millan to make a great save. (by the way, he may have let in a "softie," but without him it would have been 8 - 2 )

The defensemen reacted as though they haven't played in games all year. They WERE jumpy, but it seemed as though they didn't know what to do. I guess you could almost say they panicked. They haven't really played that way all year, and that's why it was so discouraging. It reminded me of Worcester in (whenever it was - 2005 or 2006). BC, instead of keeping their forecheckers on the half-wall, moved them down to the face-off dots. We NEVER ADJUSTED. We just kept trying to move the puck up along the boards and never got it out of the zone all night. They played like zombies...you would think after being unsuccessful all night they would have attempted something different - like break it out up the middle. They showed no creativity in that game. Last night they couldn't even get it out from behind the net to even ATTEMPT a different breakout. I guess it was shocking because it was so inexplicable. But worse than that, I don't see how this team goes anywhere after that performance.

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
      Hey I was 22 when I graduated, you calling me dumb?

Just as dumb as I! I am a November birthday and was held back before starting school. I was able to start drinking until jr year at bu!!!
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Not sure who will win tonight but I'd bet this one won't be a close game. Hope I'm wrong but I sense another bad loss followd by a one and done trip to Green Bay.
        The loss of 3 players that this team seemed to have shrugged off may be finally rearing its ugly head.
        Need a much better defensive game tonight. Of course, a 4-1 win will have us all singing a different tune come tomorrow.
        Last edited by steakbomb; 03-10-2012, 10:16 AM.
        Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Horrible passing. An amazing amount of passes right onto Wildcat sticks. (It was like UNH was invisible). Lots of nasty turnovers. They were jumpy with the puck and they had no legs. Add in a Millan softie and a general lack of grit (against a soft team) and you have the poster child for playoff fail. This coming from a guy who loved this teams compete level in loses to UMass and Maine.

And now they are battling a flu bug. Good thing they have depth. Oh, wait...
          If the team is battling the flu, that would explain a lot. As a group they seemed pretty legless from the start of the game.
          Watching the game, I thought something must have been wrong with Gill. He is a smart player that plays with energy, and the energy seemed to be missing.

Connolly, Chiasson and Escobedo were the only ones that seemed to have some jump. Nieto made a great move along the boards prior to the Chiasson goal, but also looked like he may have been less than 100%.

Priviterra (despite the nice pass for Gilroy's breakaway) and Ruikka had very tough nights on defense. Too many long, blind passes. MacGregor was gassed a few times, and perhaps he too has the bug.

UNH's second goal was a howler, but otherwise Millan was very good.

Hohmann and Rodriguez need to step up and produce. They have too much ability to be so unproductive. Hohmann has good skills and can skate, but doesn't want to pay a physical price to finish a play. A summer with Mike Boyle can fix that.

UNH is not a physical team, and outside of Moses have no real threats that worry you. But they had much more spring in their skates, and that is a worry.

Comment

Anyone know if there's a streaming feed of the women's game today?

Comment

Originally posted by BigRedTerrier View Post
              Anyone know if there's a streaming feed of the women's game today?
              There is a live blog here:

http://www.thebostonhockeyblog.com/

You can listen to the game here:

http://wtbusportsradio.com/

And you can watch a video stream here (pay-per-view):

http://www.cornellbigred.com/showcase/

Comment

And now they are battling a flu bug.
                Do you know if this is actually the case? They looked uncharacteristically out of gas much earlier than normal last night, even after the 2nd, and it wasn't like UNH was running them into the ground.
                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                  Do you know if this is actually the case?
                  Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                    Yes.
                    how bad is it?
                    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                      how bad is it?
                      I know someone who would know.

But she doesn't post here anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
                        If the team is battling the flu, that would explain a lot. As a group they seemed pretty legless from the start of the game. .
                        I heard it was the Norovirus, which is a brutal intestinal bug. Bad when you have it and when it's gone, you're still wasted. Who knows, maybe some of the NH players have had it, too, but it probably explains why some of the Terriers looked legless. I can't imagine that playing four periods of hockey last night and coming back to play at 4pm is what the doctor would order.

Comment

Originally posted by goalguard View Post
                          I heard it was the Norovirus, which is a brutal intestinal bug. Bad when you have it and when it's gone, you're still wasted. Who knows, maybe some of the NH players have had it, too, but it probably explains why some of the Terriers looked legless. I can't imagine that playing four periods of hockey last night and coming back to play at 4pm is what the doctor would order.
                          It would explain it, it's very uncharacteristic for a Boyle-trained team to look tired after the 2nd period of a Friday game in which there were <5 penalties on both teams combined. Someone call MJ and give these guys a pep talk on flu games.
                          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

The video feed is actually free today. 3-2 BU 10 seconds into the second period.
                            Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                              I know someone who would know.

But she doesn't post here anymore

libelous!
                              “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                              Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                              Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                              National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

4-3 Cornell. 4 unanswered goals for Cornell.
                                Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Working...
                                X