Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with us?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

UNH has moved to dead last in the PWR, if BU beats them, they're likely out and there goes five TUC wins.

I wonder if losing once and winning in three games is better for BU.

Oh well, the only way to get a 1 seed is BY WINNING THE WHOLE **** THING. (And probably having someone upset BC, bwahaha.)
    Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

Look at that first page picture!
      Billy Arnold can't hold a candle to Gerbe. Had a chance to behead a Terrier and nary a scratch.
      The Eagles are going soft.
      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
        Look at that first page picture!
        Billy Arnold can't hold a candle to Gerbe. Had a chance to behead a Terrier and nary a scratch.
        The Eagles are going soft.
        But Whitney looks like he's trying to slice Megan's arm off!

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
          This is what our friend is talking about
          http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/09/sp...l?pagewanted=1
          Nice shot of the typical dirty hack BC player high sticking Megan!

Comment

I have 2 great seats available.... for Friday Nights Game and Saturdays 4 PM start...

Section 103 Row I Dead Center Ice behind visitors bench

email me at federfamily@rcn.com ASAP to arrange...

have to have this all settled by 5 pm... and pick up in Brookline

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
              This is what our friend is talking about
              http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/09/sp...l?pagewanted=1
              All you need to read is the last paragraph...that says it all.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
                UNH has moved to dead last in the PWR, if BU beats them, they're likely out and there goes five TUC wins.

I wonder if losing once and winning in three games is better for BU.

Oh well, the only way to get a 1 seed is BY WINNING THE WHOLE **** THING. (And probably having someone upset BC, bwahaha.)
                What difference does it make? Who cares if all 5 of those wins go away? What does that do? Give BU a lower seed and be shipped out west? Big deal. If they don't win, it doesn't really matter a whole hell of a lot. If they hadn't lost a few of the games they did during the season, we probably wouldn't be having this conversation. They didn't win some of those games so now they need to focus on winning NOW. Just keep winning and let the chips fall where they may. If they get shipped to Green Bay or St. Paul and don't win out there, it's not because of some other team not doing something. It's because they didn't play well enough. It shouldn't matter where they play or what seed they are. They are in charge of their own destiny.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                  Kudos to you guys for making the times today.
                  From the NYT article...

"...But Brown, the university president, said a particular area of interest for the task force was the hockey program’s reliance on players who spend at least one year in elite-level junior leagues before setting foot on campus."

I don't like the sound of that.
                  if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                    What difference does it make?
                    Correct. Not to mention all of the other permutations that could occur. As I said last week, I think sometimes the players actually look at this stuff and lose focus. The only thing that matters is the game we are playing TONIGHT. If you win and gain momentum, it shouldn't matter who or where you play. The PWR is for losers and teams on the bubble. If we win (I'm just saying) every game the rest of the year, we win the National Championship. And it doesn't matter if we were #1 or #16 in the Pairwise...

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                      From the NYT article...

"...But Brown, the university president, said a particular area of interest for the task force was the hockey program’s reliance on players who spend at least one year in elite-level junior leagues before setting foot on campus."

So someone who has played a year in juniors has more of a chance to be someone who gets into trouble? Ridiculous concept to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                        From the NYT article...

I think there's a difference between someone who woud graduate at 23 (when most kids are 22 when they graduate) versus 25 which might be what they're looking at. The divide (in this case, age) between the hockey team and the student body.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
                          So someone who has played a year in juniors has more of a chance to be someone who gets into trouble? Ridiculous concept to begin with.
                          I think they're commenting on the fact that many hockey players are older than others in their academic class. It still is a somewhat ridiculous concept because someone who is older, presumably, is more mature than those 18 year old freshmen.
                          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                            But Whitney looks like he's trying to slice Megan's arm off!

Alas... he failed to break a thumb, wrist or back. No folk lore for Mr. Whitney.
                            'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
                              These are educators after all... it's one thing to be book wise, a totally different thing to be wise.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                                Alas... he failed to break a thumb, wrist or back. No folk lore for Mr. Whitney.
                                Why would it be folklore? Gerbe breaking Cohen's wrist is actual fact. I thought everyone knew that?

Comment

Working...
                                X