Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with us?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    who is gonna be there ferris? who cares?

no reason these boys can't do what sparty did in 07. look at that roster -- nothing great. played like bu has been playing since january. just keep playing your game.
    I'm being selfish here. I'd like to be able to go to Worcester or Bridgeport to see BU live instead of ESPN online, that's all.
    Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
    ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      "New Hampshire needs a win today OR to advance to at least the HEA semis to remain a TUC."

..the above is what priceless posted yesterday. so with the loss to umo yesterday the only way bu gets to keep the uhn wins in their tuc record is to lay down
      but then they get 2 losses also! no win situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrier520 View Post
        Agreed. But what happens if we get to the Garden then get shipped off to the midwest, as opposed to losing in the QF then playing in the east? It's honestly tough to consider.
        Winning on the road hasn't been a huge problem for this team, right?

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
        Dontcha love the Pairwise? Win and get penalized in the rankings.... makes sense to me!
        Again, as someone has said before, the Pairwise doesn't really exist until tournament time. Tracking them right now is interesting, but the fact that teams drop out of TUC is not "punishment," it's just a result of nothing final yet.
        Boston University 2009 Champs
        Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
          but then they get 2 losses also! no win situation.
          you can't always get what you want.
          but sometimes you just might find you get what you need.
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
            Dontcha love the Pairwise? Win and get penalized in the rankings.... makes sense to me!
            But you're not getting "penalized." The "full body of work" (as the pundits like to say) has not been considered yet, because the season isn't over yet.

The other thing is, as I have mentioned before, we are not going to finish in the Top 4, so that means (unless we slip below #8 - which is why we can't screw around and need to put UNH away in two games) that we are going to get shipped SOMEWHERE other than Worcester anyway. We'll be a #2 seed, but yes, probably out West since Lowell is also ahead of us so they'll likely go to Bridgeport. I'd like to go in person as well, but what can you do? It's a tough situation. I would have liked to have seen Millan last night, because, unfortunately, every game is a HUGE game with the PWR. But I certainly understand that Rollie has "earned" the right to start which was probably his last game and it is no reflection on him. It's just that EVERY loss hurts with the way the system is now. I'm still really not sure that I didn't like it the way it was before, where the emphasis was on WINNING GAMES and not "ratings." Now there's this huge distraction..."well, if we lose in THIS round maybe we can still make it, and as long as we win 1.678 games before this date we'll be OK." Before it was just WIN THE TOURNAMENT or you don't go. Sometimes we outthink ourselves, and especially with a team that doesn't alway seem to play with a sense of urgency (and I apologize to Rover - he's right - last night made me retract everything I said about how you couldn't claim that BU comes out flat for big games). Giving up a goal 38 seconds into the game is inexcusable.

So it is what it is. Guess we'll be watching on TV. Look at the bright side...at least we can watch the games. A few years ago all you saw was the championship game...

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
              The other thing is, as I have mentioned before, we are not going to finish in the Top 4
              that is by no means a certain truth.
              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                The only certain truth in life is that we will die someday...but it's d**n likely that we won't finish in the Top 4!

Comment

Originally posted by candycanes99 View Post
                  Screw the pairwise. Just win.
                  Yup...that's what I've been saying. But it's like anything else - all this information overload effects the team too. They don't live in a vacuum and they're aware of all of this stuff. So it's hard not to. As I said above, sometimes we think too much. Things need to be simplified. And whatever happened to the old NCAA "guideline" that playing well at the end of the year carries more weight? Under the PWR, every game is treated equally. That's why it's difficult to play a backup goalie, for example, even in October, which stinks. But it is what it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                    Top 4 = win HEA

Don't, won't.
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                      But you're not getting "penalized." The "full body of work" (as the pundits like to say) has not been considered yet, because the season isn't over yet.

The other thing is, as I have mentioned before, we are not going to finish in the Top 4, so that means (unless we slip below #8 - which is why we can't screw around and need to put UNH away in two games) that we are going to get shipped SOMEWHERE other than Worcester anyway. We'll be a #2 seed, but yes, probably out West since Lowell is also ahead of us so they'll likely go to Bridgeport. I'd like to go in person as well, but what can you do? It's a tough situation. I would have liked to have seen Millan last night, because, unfortunately, every game is a HUGE game with the PWR. But I certainly understand that Rollie has "earned" the right to start which was probably his last game and it is no reflection on him. It's just that EVERY loss hurts with the way the system is now. I'm still really not sure that I didn't like it the way it was before, where the emphasis was on WINNING GAMES and not "ratings." Now there's this huge distraction..."well, if we lose in THIS round maybe we can still make it, and as long as we win 1.678 games before this date we'll be OK." Before it was just WIN THE TOURNAMENT or you don't go. Sometimes we outthink ourselves, and especially with a team that doesn't alway seem to play with a sense of urgency (and I apologize to Rover - he's right - last night made me retract everything I said about how you couldn't claim that BU comes out flat for big games). Giving up a goal 38 seconds into the game is inexcusable.

So it is what it is. Guess we'll be watching on TV. Look at the bright side...at least we can watch the games. A few years ago all you saw was the championship game...
                      The only way UML or BU can be a #1 seed is by getting to the HEA championship game at minimum... and they'll likely have to go through each other to do it. I can't imagine there's a situation where both end up as a #1 seed without BC losing to UMass and some CCHA/WCHA insanity (i.e. Michigan getting swept, Ferris getting swept, UMD getting swept).
                      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                      Skating Friar Jersey
                      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Friday, Saturday and Sunday again. Only Saturday is at 4:00 p.m. (NESN). The others are at 7:00 p.m. Let's hope the series ends Saturday...

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                          That's the first time Gentry has publicly stated that he agrees with a statement of mine in the 20 years I've known him.
                          Ahhhhh... Twenty years ago, when Brian Gentry was an innocent little college student and not the raging alcoholic pervert that he is today!

Just kidding.. sort of.
                          Last edited by SPIN CONTROL; 03-05-2012, 12:15 PM.
                          Fighting the good fight

Comment

• Originally posted by SPIN CONTROL View Post
                            Ahhhhh... Twenty years ago, when Brian Gentry was an innocent little college student and not the raging alcoholic pervert that he is today!

Just kidding.. sort of.
                            Is it true?
                            Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

Originally posted by BU2K View Post
                              Is it true?
                              Well, at least he's no Limey!
                              Originally posted by mookie1995
                              bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                              Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                              Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Whoever is @FakeVinSaponari kudos to you!

Comment

Working...
                                X