Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with us?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

Originally posted by chickod View Post
    You're a regular comedian. Now,I haven't looked this up, but I don't remember the last time we have had a "two game sweep." Usually it's a life and death struggle with the third game going to overtime. Seriously. Even in 2009 when we won the national championship we barely won the quarterfinal series.

Edit: OK - so I lied...I decided to look it up...

2011 - Northeastern wins 3-2
    2010 - BU beats Merrimack in three (2nd game in overtime won by Merrimack)
    2009 - BU beats Maine in three
    2008 - BU beats Lowell in three
    2007 - BU beats Vermont in overtime in game 3
    2006 - BU beats UMass in a two game sweep
    2005 - BU beats Providence in three after losing game 1, 4-1

This is one of the enigmas about this team. It would be nice for once if they just came out in an important game and buried the other team. The nonchalant, disinterested attitude is getting old...even the Northeastern announcers tonight were raving about the talent on this BU team ("even after losing three good players" - in their words).
    It's just the deal they got.. get home ice, then make season ticket holders pay for 3 games

BU Alum '07

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
      You're a regular comedian. Now,I haven't looked this up, but I don't remember the last time we have had a "two game sweep." Usually it's a life and death struggle with the third game going to overtime. Seriously. Even in 2009 when we won the national championship we barely won the quarterfinal series.
      O
      Edit: OK - so I lied...I decided to look it up...

2011 - Northeastern wins 3-2
      2010 - BU beats Merrimack in three (2nd game in overtime won by Merrimack)
      2009 - BU beats Maine in three
      2008 - BU beats Lowell in three
      2007 - BU beats Vermont in overtime in game 3
      2006 - BU beats UMass in a two game sweep
      2005 - BU beats Providence in three after losing game 1, 4-1

This is one of the enigmas about this team. It would be nice for once if they just came out in an important game and buried the other team. The nonchalant, disinterested attitude is getting old...even the Northeastern announcers tonight were raving about the talent on this BU team ("even after losing three good players" - in their words).
      Notice we've played all 9 other HE teams now in the last 9 years.
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

Originally posted by chickod View Post
        What difference does that make? Do you really think BC is going to lose to anybody in the first round? I watched both games against UVM. Unlike us, BC left no doubt. I'm sure CBS was really thrilled to do BOTH of those games...talk about a snooze fest. Vermont had ZERO chance in either game. Unlike (maybe it was Rover) the person who mentioned that BU often comes out "flat," it's VERY RARE that BC does the same.
        UMass has played BC tough, granted that was much earlier and if you look at the GF/ga columns you see that UMass can put the puck in the net while PC can't. It's always difficult to play from behind, which might be the case if anyone plays UMass. They're pretty good.
        Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

Out to breakfast and I believe Jeff Bunyon is two tables away.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            Knowing you, you'll say something
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              Puke on him.
              Originally posted by mookie1995
              bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
              Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
              Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                well, you got half of what you wanted...............instead of PC though, you get UNH. Should be an easy 2 game sweep for you guys
                Ouch! Joe, that hurts!
                We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
                ---Blaise Pascal

When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
                --Richard Dawkins

UNH Wildcats: Winners, 20XX NCAA Men's Hockey National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                  Notice we've played all 9 other HE teams now in the last 9 years.
                  That may be the craziest stat I have ever seen. What are the chances of that?

Comment

well.. now in order for this class to get to '100' wins they have to make the national final (oh, and win hea- or lose the hea final and win the national title)!!

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      well.. now in order for this class to get to '100' wins they have to make the national final (oh, and win hea- or lose the hea final and win the national title)!!

I can live with that
                      Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
                      ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                        What was wrong with senior night?
                        Just the fact it's done after the game as opposed to before.
                        It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                          Just the fact it's done after the game as opposed to before.
                          OK.. is that a bad thing?

Comment

OK.. is that a bad thing?
                            Only if ~70% of the fans leave before it starts...which is how it always goes.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRedTerrier View Post
                              Only if ~70% of the fans leave before it starts...which is how it always goes.
                              Ahh.. I see the complaint. Do the players complain about it? On the flip side, has that same ~70% not arrived / still at concessions for a 6:55 ceremony?

Comment

No idea what the players think, but I imagine it would be more fun with a packed house that stood and cheered to thank them.

I'm not saying before the game would be any better. I'm saying whether it's before or after the game it would be nice to have a nice large crowd there.

Ahh.. I see the complaint. Do the players complain about it? On the flip side, has that same ~70% not arrived / still at concessions for a 6:55 ceremony?

Comment

Working...
                                X