Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with us?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
    That is weak.

Very good live steam on GONU.com

www.gonuxstream.com
    Yes, the GoNU stream is quite good. But for hockey, it's a meaningless game; I'd rather see the MBB have priority here. I can't disagree.

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
    Surprised Rollheiser got this start, a loss would do seriously damage to the team's NCAA seeding.
    Damage? Not quite. After all, if we win and NU drops below TUC, then bu loses three wins against TUC teams.
    Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
    ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

4-3 NU now.
      Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

4-4 with minutes left.
        Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
        ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

NU wins at the 2:25 mark of OT. BU missed so many open nets...it was ridiculous.

BU finishes third in Hockey East and will face UNH at home.
          Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

3 more against UNH.

We had to lose. It was to help the PWR...
            Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

Vinny Sap with the winner on OT. UNH next weekend. I smell another 3 gamer.
              Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
                BU finishes third in Hockey East and will face UNH at home.
                Of course, since I said earlier that there was almost no chance we would play UNH...

A couple of other points. I watched on GoNU.com and was very impressed with the coverage (not to mention that the quality of the feed was MUCH better than "All Access") And can we please SEE the game? At the end of this game they stayed with the coverage and showed the handshake line. I really don't want to see the "Dancing Terriers" with the "WE WIN" on the scoreboard. I want to see the GAME...not the scoreboard. It's really annoying.

Final point (for now)...after six months of analyzing everything, it really comes down to this: If we can't be disciplined (and I don't know how all of a sudden we will be able to do that), forget going anywhere. I don't understand the mentality. When you draw a penalty that's a GOOD thing. But this team seems to take every penalty personally. I think the only time we've drawn a penalty and not swung a stick in retaliation was when the guy has been lying on the ice and unable to. It's ridiculous...

Comment

Let's hope UMASS loses otherwise BC gets PC.
                  Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post
                    Let's hope UMASS loses otherwise BC gets PC.
                    What difference does that make? Do you really think BC is going to lose to anybody in the first round? I watched both games against UVM. Unlike us, BC left no doubt. I'm sure CBS was really thrilled to do BOTH of those games...talk about a snooze fest. Vermont had ZERO chance in either game. Unlike (maybe it was Rover) the person who mentioned that BU often comes out "flat," it's VERY RARE that BC does the same.

Comment

I do think BU wouldve had the potential for a much easier weekend with a win tonight and a matchup with PC.

It won't happen but you can make a case for 2 or 3 road teams getting to the garden

Comment

Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
                        I do think BU wouldve had the potential for a much easier weekend with a win tonight and a matchup with PC.

It won't happen but you can make a case for 2 or 3 road teams getting to the garden
                        I'd bet money zero road teams making it to the garden... But maybe I'm insane.
                        Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

• I think I'm the insane one. I say the same thing every year and it never happens.I assume it's spring break again. So 4k max @ BU, 3k max @BC. Always bothers me that this round is played in such dead atmospheres for the most part.
                          Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
                          I'd bet money zero road teams making it to the garden... But maybe I'm insane.

Comment

Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
                            I think I'm the insane one. I say the same thing every year and it never happens.I assume it's spring break again. So 4k max @ BU, 3k max @BC. Always bothers me that this round is played in such dead atmospheres for the most part.
                            Pretty much always spring break yes. Bummer but thats just the way the schedule falls.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post
                              As a fan...I'd really rather face PC than UMASS. AND I'd really rather have UMASS face BC. That is all.
                              well, you got half of what you wanted...............instead of PC though, you get UNH. Should be an easy 2 game sweep for you guys

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                                well, you got half of what you wanted...............instead of PC though, you get UNH. Should be an easy 2 game sweep for you guys
                                You're a regular comedian. Now,I haven't looked this up, but I don't remember the last time we have had a "two game sweep." Usually it's a life and death struggle with the third game going to overtime. Seriously. Even in 2009 when we won the national championship we barely won the quarterfinal series.

Edit: OK - so I lied...I decided to look it up...

2011 - Northeastern wins 3-2
                                2010 - BU beats Merrimack in three (2nd game in overtime won by Merrimack)
                                2009 - BU beats Maine in three
                                2008 - BU beats Lowell in three
                                2007 - BU beats Vermont in overtime in game 3
                                2006 - BU beats UMass in a two game sweep
                                2005 - BU beats Providence in three after losing game 1, 4-1

This is one of the enigmas about this team. It would be nice for once if they just came out in an important game and buried the other team. The nonchalant, disinterested attitude is getting old...even the Northeastern announcers tonight were raving about the talent on this BU team ("even after losing three good players" - in their words).

Comment

Working...
                                X