Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with us?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
    Had no idea about Gaudet. BU will be replacing a lot of guys next year.

IIRC, both Rollie and Millan are on fulls, Kilroy is close to a full, Chiasson has a full, Nicastro was close to or had a full, Trivino had a full. Don't remember what Connolly had but I bet it was close as well.

Lots of money freeing up for next season's recruits. Lots of holes to fill.
    How likely are Clendening and Nieto to leave? I imagine both are on full rides.

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
      I'm shocked. Shocked, I tell ya, that all the BU haters who had so much fun post Rapegate made no mention of this today.

Prior to the game a large contingent of former Terrier players went down to the weight room area where they gathered in support of Coach Parker, the staff and the team. This was a well kept secret and a concerted effort in a surprise they came to show their support for Coach Parker and the team. In addition, former Captain Dennis O'Connell presented Coach Parker with e-mails from many former players who while they couldn't be present wanted to make sure their support for the coach and the team was on the record. The alumni also lined the route from the dressing room to the ice and encouraged the players as they went out for the pregame warm ups.

Cue Tom Jackson saying: "They hate their coach."

BU Hockey: Pride
      The fact that his former players love him has nothing to do with the programs performance on and especially lately off the ice over the past 10-12 years. So are you saying that all is forgotten about Parkers leadership because the good ole boys network came back to support him? Not saying its the same circumstances but the former players rallied around Paterno as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
        I'm shocked. Shocked, I tell ya, that all the BU haters who had so much fun post Rapegate made no mention of this today.

Prior to the game a large contingent of former Terrier players went down to the weight room area where they gathered in support of Coach Parker, the staff and the team. This was a well kept secret and a concerted effort in a surprise they came to show their support for Coach Parker and the team. In addition, former Captain Dennis O'Connell presented Coach Parker with e-mails from many former players who while they couldn't be present wanted to make sure their support for the coach and the team was on the record. The alumni also lined the route from the dressing room to the ice and encouraged the players as they went out for the pregame warm ups.

Cue Tom Jackson saying: "They hate their coach."

BU Hockey: Pride
        That must be made up. Jack doesn't relate to his players and nobody likes him.

Comment

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
          The fact that his former players love him has nothing to do with the programs performance on and especially lately off the ice over the past 10-12 years. So are you saying that all is forgotten about Parkers leadership because the good ole boys network came back to support him? Not saying its the same circumstances but the former players rallied around Paterno as well.
          Nope. Just noting that this isn't a program in "disarray." And as ericredaxe nicely mentioned, it debunks the Parker doesn't talk to/care about his former players. (and vice versa.)

Where in my post did I mention anything about team performance? I am commenting on Parker the man and the BU program as a whole. I realize this makes me a "Parker Apologist" in your black and white world. I'll find the strength to carry on with this scarlet "PA" on my chest.
          It Happened!!!!

Comment

So are you saying that all is forgotten about Parkers leadership because the good ole boys network came back to support him?
            Bomber neither said this nor implied it in his quote. So why are you criticizing based on something not stated? Not the first time you've done this to forward an obvious agenda. Stick to the facts, Jofa.

I listened to Bernie's interivew with Dennis O'Connell and he also didn't attempt to whitewash the current problems or make excuses. Knowing there are issues to address and improvements that must be made doesn't preclude one from offering support to the program, the players and the coach.
            The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
              Bomber neither said this nor implied it in his quote. So why are you criticizing based on something not stated? Not the first time you've done this to forward an obvious agenda. Stick to the facts, Jofa.

I listened to Bernie's interivew with Dennis O'Connell and he also didn't attempt to whitewash the current problems or make excuses. Knowing there are issues to address and improvements that must be made doesn't preclude one from offering support to the program, the players and the coach.
              Then what was the point of his post that said "I'm shocked. Shocked, I tell ya, that all the BU haters who had so much fun post Rapegate made no mention of this today." In my opinion he implied that this was some form of vindication

Comment

Had a great time last night at Agganis,first time there for a game,sad my Huskies lost and I prefer Matthews anyday of the week,but met some great BU fans last night very friendly even though I wore my jersey,I have to admit BU is my second fave team and I will be rooting for you through the playoffs,even with all the tough times lately it's good to see the team carry on strong and good fan support,I don't understand the dislike for Jack Parker I would be happy with him behind the NU bench,keep in mind Northeastern is coming back strong next year so look out!,I look forward to see this rivalry continue (NU winning of course) anyway I enjoyed my visit but it's nice to be home at Matthews.

Comment

i wish vinny was in the starting lineup last night... i would have liked to have the chance to stand and clap for him. i did when he left the ice after the handshake line, but that's not the same.
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Then what was the point of his post that said "I'm shocked. Shocked, I tell ya, that all the BU haters who had so much fun post Rapegate made no mention of this today." In my opinion he implied that this was some form of vindication
                    A big part of the two-day, 800 post diarrhea explosion following Nicastro's arrest, centered around a program teetering on the brink. (All the recruits will decommit! Cancel the season. Fire Parker! Abolish the program!) I was encouraged to see the show of support from former Terriers. No vindication implied. De-bunking the Chicken-little mentality regarding the complete demise of the program, very much implied.
                    It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      i wish vinny was in the starting lineup last night... i would have liked to have the chance to stand and clap for him. i did when he left the ice after the handshake line, but that's not the same.
                      I was looking forward to your "They don't know how to do Senior night" rant this morning. You going soft?
                      It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                        I was looking forward to your "They don't know how to do Senior night" rant this morning. You going soft?
                        What was wrong with senior night?

Comment

No radio with Bernie and Tom tonight?
                          if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                            No radio with Bernie and Tom tonight?
                            According to BU athletics, it's on tape delay because MBB has priority.
                            Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
                            ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrier520 View Post
                              According to BU athletics, it's on tape delay because MBB has priority.
                              That is weak.

Very good live steam on GONU.com

www.gonuxstream.com

Comment

Surprised Rollheiser got this start, a loss would do seriously damage to the team's NCAA seeding.
                                Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Working...
                                X