Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with us?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

I, for one, think it's a great thing I had to go the second page to find the BU thread.
    Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
      I, for one, think it's a great thing I had to go the second page to find the BU thread.
      I was thinking the same thing. No news is good news!
      #OneKnight

Comment

A very interesting investigative article into the downward spiral of an iconic college sports program -- in this case, UCLA Basketball.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...28/ucla/3.html

Any parallels drawn are purely coincidental.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
          A very interesting investigative article into the downward spiral of an iconic college sports program -- in this case, UCLA Basketball.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...28/ucla/3.html

Any parallels drawn are purely coincidental.
          Sad story there, Howland never should've left Pitt. I don't see comparisons between UCLA and BU, though. While we've had our fair share of underwhelming seasons lately, we haven't dipped to the level they've reached of consistent sub .500 years in a TERRIBLE conference, where they were finishing near the bottom. The Pac-12 might get one or two teams in the tournament this year, including the auto-bid. At least we were still performing marginally, though still below expectation, in one of the two best conferences in the nation. Also, while we've had our fair share of players that have put in half-efforts, and not really cared as much as they should at times, I can't think of any that I'd label as actively trying to injure teammates and making an effort to hurt the team. Plus, I cannot imagine Parker ever letting a guy get away with showing up to a practice drunk and/or stoned with absolutely no punishment. Howland has totally lost control of his players and the program out there. For all of his faults, the same parallels cannot be drawn to Parker here.
          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Tough to argue with the results without Charles, but he made the hot list this week. Thought it might be worth posting for any of his fans (were there any?):

Charlie Coyle, RW – Saint John Sea Dogs (QMJHL)
            His exit from Boston University was controversial, but the big power forward has rewarded the Sea Dogs for their pursuit. Since arriving in the ‘Q,’ Coyle has been held scoreless in just two of his 15 appearances, ringing up 11 goals and 23 points in that span. Also, Saint John has lost only one of those contests – Coyle’s debut against Shawinigan. Drafted 28th overall by San Jose in 2010; traded to Minnesota in 2011.
            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
              Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
              I was thinking the same thing. No news is good news!
              Hear hear.

Heck, there's not even a BU-NU thread yet. Think I'll get that started so we can all get to know one another again.
              Bugs Bunny - 96
              Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                Tough to argue with the results without Charles, but he made the hot list this week. Thought it might be worth posting for any of his fans (were there any?):
                Still would be a better team with Coyle no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
                  Still would be a better team with Coyle no doubt.
                  Would have a more talented group of individuals, no doubt.

A better team?
                  They've played better - AS A TEAM - since he abandoned ship.

Comment

A better team?
                    So you insinuate that Coyle leaving has caused the team to play better? By what rationale?

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
                      So you insinuate that Coyle leaving has caused the team to play better? By what rationale?
                      addition by subtraction I dont pretend to have a clue but something was amiss...........

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                        addition by subtraction I dont pretend to have a clue but something was amiss...........
                        I guess my point is that there was never any knowledge of Coyle being a negative personality on the team. My guess (and we're all guessing) is that the team came together more because of Trivino's arrest/dismissal from the team.

Comment

A better team?
                          Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                          Preface: I love this team and this current collection of players, no doubt the adversity has brought them together, but they also haven't taken the us against the world approach where they become less social with the general public (not just females)

Those saying this team is playing better now is absolute revisionist history, was Coyle playing like a first round draft pick and taking over games, or even shifts? Not to my eyes. Was Nicastro having an All-American year? Nope. Trivino had the most goals, but quietly, as he allowed other teams to game plan for Nieto and Chiasson.

But look at the team when they left. They had just won 7 out of 8, even with 3 of those games being against BC. The last game the team played before the turbulence started was at Maine anyone at that game saw a team that just wouldn't let the other team into the game. It may have the most complete domination in a fall semester game since BU was a less than gracious host to Michigan in Fall 2008.

Losing just Coyle while retaining the other two may not have been a detriment as it would have set the forward lines, but all three. Thats a lot of subtraction to become addition.

Comment

Coyle signed an entry level contract with Minnesota today.
                            Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
                              Congrats to Coyle!

Comment

Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
                                Parker's comments to the Freep about this are hilarious, and correct.
                                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Working...
                                X