Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with us?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

Originally posted by Terrance View Post
    Is there any way we can definitely avoid a match-up with NU in the first round? If we sweep them does that just make it more likely we'll face them? What first round match-up should we be rooting for? I think I'd prefer in order, PC, Umass, UNH, and NU. NU hates us and they will literally do anything to end our chances at the HE title. It seems that no match-ups will be decided until every last game is played.
    if the boys are going anywhere this year, they should be in elimination mode right now. they can eliminate nu this weekend. then look forward to eliminating umass/pc/uhn next weekend. then merrimack/maine/etcetera etcetera etcetera...
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

Exactly. They shouldn't be playing for position of their own, etc. They should play with the mentality of, "we,re here to end your season. Sorry, nothing personal."

Except for BC, that's always personal.

Comment

I think the most intriguing QF matchup for BU would be UNH. They seem to at least be playing a lot better hockey lately. I know you've beaten them three times but given your poor play at home, I could see that one going three games. Not to mention it seems all of your QF series' go three.

Comment

Boston College, Ferris State, Duluth, Boston University, Miami and Michigan State all have a > 99% chance of making the NCAAs. Minnesota 95%, Lowell 94%, Northern 91%, Maine 78%, Western 62%, NoDak 61%, Denver 55%, Union 54% with Mack and Notre Dame 31%.

-per mike mcmahon on twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            I think the most intriguing QF matchup for BU would be UNH. They seem to at least be playing a lot better hockey lately. I know you've beaten them three times but given your poor play at home, I could see that one going three games. Not to mention it seems all of your QF series' go three.
            i'd prefer pc. anything else is nervous time.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              Not to mention it seems all of your QF series' go three.
              I'm no tinfoil hat wearing loony, but I am almost convinced its a fix so that Agganis gets more ticket, concession, and parking revenue!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
                I'm no tinfoil hat wearing loony, but I am almost convinced its a fix so that Agganis gets more ticket, concession, and parking revenue!
                Kinda like when Qdoba had the free nachos if a BU player had a hat trick at home and any time a player got 2 goals, they always seemed to think pass? Parker never wanted us to have those Nachos.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
                  I'm not scared of NU (though I reserve the right to reevaluate after this weekend). NU may or may not hate us but I don't think it makes a difference. UMass has fared pretty well against BU this year and that would be the match up I would be concerned about. PC? meh.
                  NU's got all kind of problems right now. Goaltending, injuries, and even their fans are ****ed at the team, the coach, and even the AD. They've got all kinds of issues. You're playing them at the right time.
                  NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    i'd prefer pc. anything else is nervous time.
                    That's the right thought. Sure any given day(s), blah blah blah but after watching them twice this weekend they simply can't put the puck in net.

Granted they were without their leading scorer Schaller but no one on that team outside of him has more than 8 goals which is crazy at this stage of the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
                      It's actually to boost their announced attendance average.
                      Originally posted by mookie1995
                      bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                      Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                      Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                        It's actually to boost their announced attendance average.
                        Attendance is always lower from quarterfinals and hockeyeast gets the revenue
                        That's why the tickets were optional this year

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                          NU's got all kind of problems right now. Goaltending, injuries, and even their fans are ****ed at the team, the coach, and even the AD. They've got all kinds of issues. You're playing them at the right time.
                          Those are sometimes reasons you wouldn't want to play them... 'back against the wall' syndrome.
                          However, BU has their own issues, and considerably more talent. Me thinks your last sentence is correct.
                          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

• Originally posted by DLG View Post
                            Whoooooosh!!!!!
                            Originally posted by mookie1995
                            bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                            Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                            Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

• Originally posted by DLG View Post
                              Is that the case? I had assumed they went back to making them optional in an effort to keep from losing season ticket holders due to the overall cost...

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                Boston College, Ferris State, Duluth, Boston University, Miami and Michigan State all have a > 99% chance of making the NCAAs....Union 54%....

-per mike mcmahon on twitter.
                                Mike needs to check his tweeties. Union won the Cleary Cup as ECAC RS champs. They have an auto bid to the NCAAs.
                                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Working...
                                X