PDA

View Full Version : Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with us?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

Jacques Joubert
03-02-2012, 09:30 PM
Good win. The squad showed a lot of hop in the second. As a fan...I'd really rather face PC than UMASS. AND I'd really rather have UMASS face BC. That is all.

buoldtimer
03-02-2012, 10:24 PM
Has it been known all season that this would be Ross Gaudet's final year?

sterlippo1
03-02-2012, 10:29 PM
AND I'd really rather have UMASS face BC.

That is all.

ok that works, then you can have UNH in the first round.........

steakbomb
03-02-2012, 10:49 PM
PC is the choice from my vantage point.

Terrierbyassociation
03-02-2012, 11:42 PM
Had no idea about Gaudet. BU will be replacing a lot of guys next year.

IIRC, both Rollie and Millan are on fulls, Kilroy is close to a full, Chiasson has a full, Nicastro was close to or had a full, Trivino had a full. Don't remember what Connolly had but I bet it was close as well.

Lots of money freeing up for next season's recruits. Lots of holes to fill.

Jofa
03-03-2012, 07:43 AM
Good win. The squad showed a lot of hop in the second. As a fan...I'd really rather face PC than UMASS. AND I'd really rather have UMASS face BC. That is all.

How about UNH which could happen with a number of scenarios tonight. BU cant avoid UNH by winning tonite they still need other things to happen as well.

chickod
03-03-2012, 10:09 AM
How about UNH which could happen with a number of scenarios tonight. BU cant avoid UNH by winning tonite they still need other things to happen as well.

Well, yeah, but it's a realistic scenario. If the top 4 all win, BU finishes 2nd and UNH finishes 6th, so we avoid them. It doesn't seem likely that UMass will beat Merrimack again (AT Merrimack) or that Providence will beat anybody, so I don't see how UNH drops to 7th under any scenario. Of course, if we lose and drop to 3rd then we get them. Maine can't catch us, so we're locked into 1-2-3. First is unrealistic - BC is NOT going to lose to Vermont with the league championship on the line. And 2nd or 3rd really doesn't matter, because we still end up with Lowell at the Garden (I don't see ANY of the "bottom 4" winning their quarterfinal series). All this really comes down to is where we end up in the final pairwise. As I mentioned before, if we make the top 4 we'll be moved out of Worcester (probably to Bridgeport as a #1 seed) and avoid BC. If we end up 5th or 6th we have to go to Worcester as #2 seed and play BC in the regional final.

My personal opinion is: I vote for Bridgeport. Sorry...I don't think ANYBODY is going to beat BC (especially after their ignominious loss to Colorado College last year - they are on a mission) so I'd rather get to the Frozen Four and take my chances there rather than have to face them before that. If that's interpreted as "lack of faith" or whatever, so be it. Anybody who's being honest has seen what BC is like in the post-season (except for ONE year, 2009) for the last 12 years. They've won, what, 13 in a row or something like that and, as usual, are peaking at just the right time.

Our problem is, although, yes, we CAN "play with them," you never know what you're going to get. The team that played in the 2nd period last night, or the team that came out in the 1st period "tight" (or the team that came out in the 1st period against Vermont last weekend in the second game). Can't afford anything less than three perfect periods against BC, and I am not comfortable making that bet right now.

Bomber
03-03-2012, 10:11 AM
I'm shocked. Shocked, I tell ya, that all the BU haters who had so much fun post Rapegate made no mention of this today.

<i>Prior to the game a large contingent of former Terrier players went down to the weight room area where they gathered in support of Coach Parker, the staff and the team. This was a well kept secret and a concerted effort in a surprise they came to show their support for Coach Parker and the team. In addition, former Captain Dennis O'Connell presented Coach Parker with e-mails from many former players who while they couldn't be present wanted to make sure their support for the coach and the team was on the record. The alumni also lined the route from the dressing room to the ice and encouraged the players as they went out for the pregame warm ups.</i>

Cue Tom Jackson saying: "They hate their coach."

BU Hockey: Pride

Parker Ranger
03-03-2012, 10:19 AM

IIRC, both Rollie and Millan are on fulls, Kilroy is close to a full, Chiasson has a full, Nicastro was close to or had a full, Trivino had a full. Don't remember what Connolly had but I bet it was close as well.

Not doubting you at all, but I'm interested in how you know about scholarship allotment.

Tater
03-03-2012, 10:46 AM
First is unrealistic - BC is NOT going to lose to Vermont with the league championship on the line.

While I know what you mean, technically BC has already secured at least a share of the RS league title. In Hockey East, tiebreakers are used for seeding purposes only. If BU wins and BC loses tonight, they will be co-RS champions.

Boston22
03-03-2012, 10:49 AM

How likely are Clendening and Nieto to leave? I imagine both are on full rides.

Jofa
03-03-2012, 11:17 AM
I'm shocked. Shocked, I tell ya, that all the BU haters who had so much fun post Rapegate made no mention of this today.

<i>Prior to the game a large contingent of former Terrier players went down to the weight room area where they gathered in support of Coach Parker, the staff and the team. This was a well kept secret and a concerted effort in a surprise they came to show their support for Coach Parker and the team. In addition, former Captain Dennis O'Connell presented Coach Parker with e-mails from many former players who while they couldn't be present wanted to make sure their support for the coach and the team was on the record. The alumni also lined the route from the dressing room to the ice and encouraged the players as they went out for the pregame warm ups.</i>

BU Hockey: Pride The fact that his former players love him has nothing to do with the programs performance on and especially lately off the ice over the past 10-12 years. So are you saying that all is forgotten about Parkers leadership because the good ole boys network came back to support him? Not saying its the same circumstances but the former players rallied around Paterno as well.

ericredaxe
03-03-2012, 11:20 AM

BU Hockey: Pride

That must be made up. Jack doesn't relate to his players and nobody likes him. :rolleyes:

Bomber
03-03-2012, 01:20 PM
The fact that his former players love him has nothing to do with the programs performance on and especially lately off the ice over the past 10-12 years. So are you saying that all is forgotten about Parkers leadership because the good ole boys network came back to support him? Not saying its the same circumstances but the former players rallied around Paterno as well.

Nope. Just noting that this isn't a program in "disarray." And as ericredaxe nicely mentioned, it debunks the Parker doesn't talk to/care about his former players. (and vice versa.)

Where in my post did I mention anything about team performance? I am commenting on Parker the man and the BU program as a whole. I realize this makes me a "Parker Apologist" in your black and white world. I'll find the strength to carry on with this scarlet "PA" on my chest.

Rogie21
03-03-2012, 03:52 PM
So are you saying that all is forgotten about Parkers leadership because the good ole boys network came back to support him?

Bomber neither said this nor implied it in his quote. So why are you criticizing based on something not stated? Not the first time you've done this to forward an obvious agenda. Stick to the facts, Jofa.

I listened to Bernie's interivew with Dennis O'Connell and he also didn't attempt to whitewash the current problems or make excuses. Knowing there are issues to address and improvements that must be made doesn't preclude one from offering support to the program, the players and the coach.

Jofa
03-03-2012, 04:03 PM
Bomber neither said this nor implied it in his quote. So why are you criticizing based on something not stated? Not the first time you've done this to forward an obvious agenda. Stick to the facts, Jofa.

I listened to Bernie's interivew with Dennis O'Connell and he also didn't attempt to whitewash the current problems or make excuses. Knowing there are issues to address and improvements that must be made doesn't preclude one from offering support to the program, the players and the coach.

Then what was the point of his post that said "I'm shocked. Shocked, I tell ya, that all the BU haters who had so much fun post Rapegate made no mention of this today." In my opinion he implied that this was some form of vindication

Happy Husky
03-03-2012, 04:25 PM
Had a great time last night at Agganis,first time there for a game,sad my Huskies lost and I prefer Matthews anyday of the week,but met some great BU fans last night very friendly even though I wore my jersey,I have to admit BU is my second fave team and I will be rooting for you through the playoffs,even with all the tough times lately it's good to see the team carry on strong and good fan support,I don't understand the dislike for Jack Parker I would be happy with him behind the NU bench,keep in mind Northeastern is coming back strong next year so look out!,I look forward to see this rivalry continue (NU winning of course) anyway I enjoyed my visit but it's nice to be home at Matthews.:)

mookie1995
03-03-2012, 04:29 PM
i wish vinny was in the starting lineup last night... i would have liked to have the chance to stand and clap for him. i did when he left the ice after the handshake line, but that's not the same.

Bomber
03-03-2012, 05:42 PM
Then what was the point of his post that said "I'm shocked. Shocked, I tell ya, that all the BU haters who had so much fun post Rapegate made no mention of this today." In my opinion he implied that this was some form of vindication

A big part of the two-day, 800 post diarrhea explosion following Nicastro's arrest, centered around a program teetering on the brink. (All the recruits will decommit! Cancel the season. Fire Parker! Abolish the program!) I was encouraged to see the show of support from former Terriers. No vindication implied. De-bunking the Chicken-little mentality regarding the complete demise of the program, very much implied.

Bomber
03-03-2012, 05:43 PM
i wish vinny was in the starting lineup last night... i would have liked to have the chance to stand and clap for him. i did when he left the ice after the handshake line, but that's not the same.

I was looking forward to your "They don't know how to do Senior night" rant this morning. You going soft? :)