Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with us?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

While some of you are figuring out who stays and who leaves after this season, have you given any thought what might happen with any BU recruits? The jackals at BCEagleAction are licking their chops over possible BU decommits, including Sam Kurker. Apparently Meloni@CHN tweeted that some BU recruits are reaching out to other programs. I'm not steeped in the protocol of recruiting, but if memory serves me correct, absent a signed LOI, a recruit can reach out to another program and be considered fair game. BTW, wasn't Clendenning a BC recruit who toyed with the thought of going to junior hockey. Did he have the BC offer pulled or did he decommit before finally opting for the college route?

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

Ha, I'm not licking my chops over any BU recruits. All I said is it would be a huge kick in the balls for you guys if it happens. I'm glad he phrased it as recruits reaching out to other programs though.

Yes, clendening was originally a BC recruit but they apparently didn't like the level of commitment they were getting so the two parted ways.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        I think you're underestimating what nhl teams might think about what's happened at BU...the "culture" their draft picks are playing in. Chiasson was a 2nd rounder, like dumoulin. I think they're both gone. Clendening wasn't exactly the most stable college commit to begin with, so I think that's in play.
        Ignoring the sex crimes for a moment: Developmentally speaking, if Shattenkirk and Whitney stayed 3 years, I think Clendening should as well.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          mea culpa!!

i used the dfp blog instead of heisenberg. won't make that same mistake twice
          You mean you don't check the recruit list on The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog? Sacre bleu!!!

As for Chiasson, I can't believe Dallas will let him return next year. If he had a huge senior season, he could simply not sign after the college season ends and would become a desirable free agent after Aug. 1.
          The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

chiasson has been the stars top fwd on hockeysfuture for some time. i am assuming he is going
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Parker ranger, that's just it though. It can't be ignored...it's part of the equation.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post
                A few observations:

1.) The team was ready to play - congrats to them and Parker for that, no small task considering...nice to see, although it is UVM
                2.) Alexx Privitera is really, really good-perhaps his return is more important than we/I thought? Soften the loss of Nicastro, looked strong IMO
                3.) UVM is pretty bad - If I were Sneddon I'd be getting my resume together, what happend to Madore?
                4.) How does one graduate from North Dakota in 2 years? Summer school, AP credits, or what??? According to Schlossman (GFH), Bruneteau earned 64 academic credits in his sophomore year...18 summer, 24 in the fall and 22 spring
                5.) Happy for Grant, I always though he deserved a little more time that he got, he might be a good pro after all if he can keep his rebounds under control - "You can't teach size"

Hopefully they keep it rolling tonight.
                Would be nice to get another two tonight, assuming it will Millan?

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  chiasson has been the stars top fwd on hockeysfuture for some time. i am assuming he is going
                  hockeysfuture = shaky
                  if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by kiwi View Post
                    While some of you are figuring out who stays and who leaves after this season, have you given any thought what might happen with any BU recruits? The jackals at BCEagleAction are licking their chops over possible BU decommits, including Sam Kurker. Apparently Meloni@CHN tweeted that some BU recruits are reaching out to other programs. I'm not steeped in the protocol of recruiting, but if memory serves me correct, absent a signed LOI, a recruit can reach out to another program and be considered fair game. BTW, wasn't Clendenning a BC recruit who toyed with the thought of going to junior hockey. Did he have the BC offer pulled or did he decommit before finally opting for the college route?
                    If you think the posters on the hockey board are jackals you should venture onto the pay board

Comment

• Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                      hockeysfuture = shaky
                      They update sparingly.... I think the pens top prospects may still list kris Letang..
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        Parker ranger, that's just it though. It can't be ignored...it's part of the equation.
                        I agree with you completely. But I was speaking strictly hypothetically.

Comment

Uh Oh...we stink again?

Hold on...
                          Last edited by Jacques Joubert; 02-25-2012, 08:20 PM.
                          Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

Well, a much different game tonight but a win is a win. Good of them to step it up at the end and get the must have W.

Comment

Man this team has character. Ironic, I know.
                              It Happened!!!!

Comment

Nice comeback.

ich bin impressed
                                Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X