Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with us?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

we were losing -
    Millan G
    Rolleheiser G
    Trivino - F
    Gilroy - F
    Connolloy - F

and have now added to the exit
    Coyle - F
    Nicastro - D

and probably...
    Chiasson - F

and may probably...
    Clendenning - D

that's 7 for sure. 9 probably for sure.

incoming (at least for now)..
    Hetnik
    Lane
    Moran
    Myron
    O'Connor
    Polesello
    Privitera
    ... and have i read speculation that Grzelcyk may come in time to play before the Myans end time?

7 SR to be
    5 JR to be (unless Nieto and Noonan go)
    4 SO to be
    7/8 FR to be
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
      Agree 100%. I doubt it will happen but part of me wants Rollheiser to start again tonight. I think it will make the team in front of him play harder
      Maybe start Rollheiser at home against Northeastern? Given the home record, it may be the right thing to do if it draws a similar reaction from his teammates.

Comment

Harry, there is no mystery. Well, maybe it's only a mystery to you. That certainly wouldn't surprise me.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          we were losing -
          Millan G
          Rolleheiser G
          Trivino - F
          Gilroy - F
          Connolloy - F

Coyle - F
          Nicastro - D

and probably...
          Chiasson - F

and may probably...
          Clendenning - D

Hetnik
          Lane
          Moran
          Myron
          O'Connor
          Polesello
          Privitera
          ... and have i read speculation that Grzelcyk may come in time to play before the Myans end time?

7 SR to be
          4 SO to be
          7/8 FR to be
          You forgot Ruikka as leaving and Maguire as coming in.

Comment

Originally posted by Bumbles View Post
            You forgot Ruikka as leaving and Maguire as coming in.
            #2 is listed on the hockeyeastonline roster as a Jr (redshirt in 08/09) and wasn't on the schedule poster that the team put out with all the seniors. slightly conflicting message.

Comment

we were losing -
              Millan G
              Rolleheiser G
              Trivino - F
              Gilroy - F
              Connolloy - F

Coyle - F
              Nicastro - D

and probably...
              Chiasson - F

and may probably...
              Clendenning - D

Hetnik
              Lane
              Moran
              Myron
              O'Connor
              Polesello
              Privitera

7 SR to be
              4 SO to be
              7/8 FR to be
              One more, Sean Maguire, G, Powell River. He was the gold-medal goalie in the World Junior A Challenge a few months back. My BCHL sources says he's a "no quit, big game goalie."

And there could be another D, as well, since BU was a semifinalist in the Seth Jones derby until recently.
              The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

we were losing -
                Millan G
                Rolleheiser G
                Trivino - F
                Gilroy - F
                Connolloy - F

Coyle - F
                Nicastro - D

and probably...
                Chiasson - F

and may probably...
                Clendenning - D

Hetnik
                Lane
                Moran
                Myron
                O'Connor
                Polesello
                Privitera

7 SR to be
                4 SO to be
                7/8 FR to be
                You forgot Maguire, who will compete with O'Connor in goal.
                Since Clendening is only 19, I doubt his NHL club will want to rush him at that age.

They made need another D for next year, especially if Ruikka doesn't return for a grad year. May need to look overseas, or excelerate Grzelcyk (who looked very skilled, but undersized in the US Jr. game).

Not so sure that BU will lose Chiasson. It depends on whether he'll get a real crack at playing in the NHL, or go to the minors?
                Yip stayed for four years, and it was by far the best thing that he did.
                I don't think staying for his senior year would hinder Chiasson's track.
                It'd be better than ending up in Providence and the AHL bus tour that Warsofsky and Colby Cohen are on.

Comment

Great win last night,very impressive in front of the net with rebounds and using screens,hope you guys win tonight too,maybe it's been mentioned already but you can watch anything at UVM free streaming at the university website.

Here's the link for the game:

http://nsnsports.net/uvm

Comment

Who drafted nieto? Never know how that team will feel about what's happened.

Comment

#2 is listed on the hockeyeastonline roster as a Jr (redshirt in 08/09) and wasn't on the schedule poster that the team put out with all the seniors. slightly conflicting message.
                      Two years injured, one year red shirted, has another season of eligibility. But would need to come back as a grad student to continue to play for at least one more season (potentially two, if they could apply for a hardship due to missing two seasons). But the return would be up to Ruikka.

Comment

Looks like harry has everyone coming back. As usual, nothing to worry about!

Comment

Originally posted by j.d. View Post
                          who drafted nieto? Never know how that team will feel about what's happened.
                          sjs

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                            One more, Sean Maguire, G, Powell River. He was the gold-medal goalie in the World Junior A Challenge a few months back. My BCHL sources says he's a "no quit, big game goalie."

And there could be another D, as well, since BU was a semifinalist in the Seth Jones derby until recently.
                            mea culpa!!

i used the dfp blog instead of heisenberg. won't make that same mistake twice

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              Looks like harry has everyone coming back. As usual, nothing to worry about!
                              I can't see NiCastro returning, even if he is found innocent.
                              I don't see why Clendening would leave after this season, given his age. Same with Nieto, who still needs to add size and strength to his skills set. Clendening could get some family pressure to turn pro now, but that wouldn't be wise at this time.
                              Chiasson would go if Dallas gives him a shot at the NHL, but that is not a given at this point.
                              Ruikka has a personal decision to make, since I believe he would have to pay his own way to grad school.

Do you see any of that differently, JD?

Comment

I think you're underestimating what nhl teams might think about what's happened at BU...the "culture" their draft picks are playing in. Chiasson was a 2nd rounder, like dumoulin. I think they're both gone. Clendening wasn't exactly the most stable college commit to begin with, so I think that's in play.

Comment

Working...
                                X