Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with us?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

In other news, Northeastern beat Maine last night to stay alive as a PWR TUC. Maybe I'm misunderstanding how the pairwise comparisons work, but is it possible to have a situation where BU beats Northeastern twice next weekend and as a result the Huskies are no longer a team under consideration, causing BU's pairwise rank to drop? Could there be a situation where we do better by beating Northeastern 2 times out of 3 and having them as a TUC, than beating them 3 times and having them no longer ranked?
    #OneKnight

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
      In other news, Northeastern beat Maine last night to stay alive as a PWR TUC. Maybe I'm misunderstanding how the pairwise comparisons work, but is it possible to have a situation where BU beats Northeastern twice next weekend and as a result the Huskies are no longer a team under consideration, causing BU's pairwise rank to drop?
      Yep.
      Originally posted by reBlur
      the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

In other news, Northeastern beat Maine last night to stay alive as a PWR TUC. Maybe I'm misunderstanding how the pairwise comparisons work, but is it possible to have a situation where BU beats Northeastern twice next weekend and as a result the Huskies are no longer a team under consideration, causing BU's pairwise rank to drop? Could there be a situation where we do better by beating Northeastern 2 times out of 3 and having them as a TUC, than beating them 3 times and having them no longer ranked?
        doesn't matter.. bu is only losing the tuc comparsion against three teams (bc, ferris, duluth). bu is 14-8-0 in the tuc record. 1 of which is vs nu. if you remove that bu's winning pct would be .619 and still the 4th highest (michigan is 5th just over .600). ~if anything, that hurts bc more. they are 4-0-0 vs nu and if nu falls their tuc goes from 16-8-1 to 12-8-1 and we would win that comparison and actually win the overall pwr. so it benefits bu to see nu lose tonight, then sweep them next weekend and hope they fall out (or finish 8th and let the #1 seed bc finish the job! )
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

so be sure to lose at least one of them next week

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
            Yep.
            see below!
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              doesn't matter.. bu is only losing the tuc comparsion against three teams (bc, ferris, duluth). bu is 14-8-0 in the tuc record. 1 of which is vs nu. if you remove that bu's winning pct would be .619 and still the 4th highest (michigan is 5th just over .600). ~if anything, that hurts bc more. they are 4-0-0 vs nu and if nu falls their tuc goes from 16-8-1 to 12-8-1 and we would win that comparison and actually win the overall pwr. so it benefits bu to see nu lose tonight, then sweep them next weekend and hope they fall out (or finish 8th and let the #1 seed bc finish the job! )
              Thanks mookie that makes sense. Tricky thing that PWR
              #OneKnight

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                Only watched bits and pieces. Agree wholeheartedly on Privitera. I think he turned the corner before getting hurt, but I definitely see him having a very good career at BU.

Great to see Rollie get a shutout, even if it was against a weak team.
                Took the words right out of my mouth. Privitera has easily been the most impressive freshmen this year and it's been nice watching him develop from benchwarmer to one of our best offensive D-men. If he stays all 4 years, he should have a great career here. His brother isn't exactly bad either and should be a contributor over his career as well.

And yep, great game for Rollie.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  doesn't matter.. bu is only losing the tuc comparsion against three teams (bc, ferris, duluth). bu is skip skat doo rae If you mahnamahna they are blah du blah blah blahdeeblah. so blah blah blah blah (or blah de blah and slackem jackem )
                  Save it, pencil neck.

(What do you think we are here, Lowell engineering students?)
                  Bugs Bunny - 96
                  Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    doesn't matter.. bu is only losing the tuc comparsion against three teams (bc, ferris, duluth). bu is skip skat doo rae If you mahnamahna they are blah du blah blah blahdeeblah. so blah blah blah blah (or blah de blah and slackem jackem ) )
                    Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
                    (What do you think we are here, Lowell engineering students?)
                    Excuse me stewardess, I speak jive.

Comment

The follow up article has been posted with more from Jack
                      http://www.boston.com/news/local/mas...?p1=News_links

Again this quote out of context so I'm not really sure which "problems" Parker is talking about. Hopefully the problems he's referring to aren't his players raping coeds, but it's unclear. Also, I'm a little confused why the article seems to be conflating "campus culture," which is not the target of the task force, with men's ice hockey culture, which is.
                      And illustrating Chickod's point from earlier that at this point it is better to say nothing at all because no matter what you say, someone will twist your words and find fault with it. To me its pretty clear from this that what Jack was saying yesterday that he was talking about campus culture in general (and perhaps even culture at universities in general when he said he didn't think much would change). The lady from the women's health advocacy group turned that into him basically saying that its OK to rape people because there are women everywhere, which is clearly not what he said.

Comment

Originally posted by Bumbles View Post
                        Took the words right out of my mouth. Privitera has easily been the most impressive freshmen this year and it's been nice watching him develop from benchwarmer to one of our best offensive D-men. If he stays all 4 years, he should have a great career here. His brother isn't exactly bad either and should be a contributor over his career as well.

And yep, great game for Rollie.
                        Great to see Privitera back... I think they said he would play tonight pending his pain level after last night? Have we heard any word on that yet?

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                          And illustrating Chickod's point from earlier that at this point it is better to say nothing at all because no matter what you say, someone will twist your words and find fault with it.
                          People twist other people's words on this board?!!?

Comment

I tried listening to the pregame show on-line, but it wasn't coming up. Did anyone hear if Bernie addressed the Nicastro situation with Parker during their interview?

By the way, I have never seen a college team fall down as much as Vermont did last night. They were less than pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post
                              A few observations:

1.) The team was ready to play - congrats to them and Parker for that, no small task considering
                              2.) Alexx Privitera is really, really good-perhaps his return is more important than we/I thought?
                              3.) UVM is pretty bad - If I were Sneddon I'd be getting my resume together, what happend to Madore?
                              4.) How does one graduate from North Dakota in 2 years? Summer school, AP credits, or what???
                              5.) Happy for Grant, I always though he deserved a little more time that he got, he might be a good pro after all if he can keep his rebounds under control - "You can't teach size"

Hopefully they keep it rolling tonight.
                              Even when Vermont has been good, they have been the most boring team to watch in Hockey East. It looked their players, who have nothing to play for, were bored as well.
                              Their seniors made it to the Frozen Four as freshmen, and now they are among the rubble of college hockey. What a tremendous fall.
                              I wonder if Sneddon is in jeopardy? From an entertainment standpoint, for sure. But it isn't quite so bad to play boring hockey if it is winning hockey.

I know it it was snowing up there, but Gutterson was a ghost town by the third period. Never saw so many empty seats there.

Parker said he decided to start Rollheiser last night after last Saturday's game. Given the NiCastro arrest, and the distractions from hockey, that decision looked even better.
                              Rollheiser is a good goalie, just not as good as Millan. The team was going to play hard in front of him. If they were feeling sorry for themselves, they may have looked to Millan to hold them up. But they wanted to play well in front of Rollheiser, and they did.
                              It was against poor opposition, but they didn't make the schedule.

Privitera's return softened the loss of NiCastro on the ice. But if another D is lost, Rosen would have to move back with Gilroy returning to the mix at F. Losing three scholarship players has thinned out the depth, but may have gotten them to play better as a team.

Do the Fighting Sioux offer online degrees? That may solve the JD mystery!

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
                                Rollheiser is a good goalie, just not as good as Millan. The team was going to play hard in front of him. If they were feeling sorry for themselves, they may have looked to Millan to hold them up. But they wanted to play well in front of Rollheiser, and they did.
                                Agree 100%. I doubt it will happen but part of me wants Rollheiser to start again tonight. I think it will make the team in front of him play harder
                                Last edited by KnightsOfTheRound; 02-25-2012, 12:45 PM.
                                #OneKnight

Comment

Working...
                                X