Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with us?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

Originally posted by Bumbles View Post
    With all the parity in College Hockey right now- this could've easily been a Frozen Four year.
    Who is to say it still can't?

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
      I'm not saying it can't. I'm trying to say that the expectations have changed. If they it make it to the FF, we'd all be stunned/surprised/ecstatic. Whereas if we had the entire team in tact, I think they could've played well enough to the extent that anything less than a FF would be a disappointment. I mean this is all hypothetical - just my personal views.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
        It's going to happen. And you're going to go through BC in Worcester to do it too.
        Originally posted by reBlur
        the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
          It's going to happen. And you're going to go through BC in Worcester to do it too.
          hardly.

y'all won the beanpot. that means bu has no chance at a nc. only one team has that shot and it's yer igles!
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Great win, even if it was Vermont. Nice to see the boys bounce back well and have some good news here. Lots of smiling (relieved?) faces at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockey Dogg View Post
              - I wish I could enjoy this team's grit, but it is hard to enjoy the play on the ice with all that has happened off of it.
              ?

The kids who (possibly) embarrassed the team "off the ice" are no longer on it. Enjoy the good hockey played by the kids who are earning their scholarships, not squandering them. No shame in that.
              thecomicbookguy: BU Hockey: Where the Regular Season is just Preseason!

Comment

Originally posted by dancingBUfan23 View Post
                ?

The kids who (possibly) embarrassed the team "off the ice" are no longer on it. Enjoy the good hockey played by the kids who are earning their scholarships, not squandering them. No shame in that.
                It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                  ;
                  Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                  Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                  Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

?

The kids who (possibly) embarrassed the team "off the ice" are no longer on it.
                    Oh, they most certainly already embarrassed the team/school regardless of what happens down the line, but I understand your point.

Comment

Originally posted by Bumbles View Post
                      With all the parity in College Hockey right now- this could've easily been a Frozen Four year. Look at BC. I think any BC fan will tell you that their team this year is somewhat underwhelming roster-wise compared to years past yet they are probably the current favorites for the #1 seed and the national title.
                      BC finished fourth in Hockey East and won a national championship a few years ago. Proving almost anything is possible, if you get hot and get great goaltending at the right time.

There is no favorite this year.

Comment

?

Seconded or thirded by this time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigus Paulus View Post
                          Seconded or thirded by this time.
                          On the road so catching up...so the link was broken on an article and when it was fixed it came up with an article in which Parker said a bunch of inflammatory things that contradict what he said in 2 other interviews? Is the second link valid?

At least we won. That is a small consolation in a BAD week.
                          I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

A few observations:

1.) The team was ready to play - congrats to them and Parker for that, no small task considering
                            2.) Alexx Privitera is really, really good-perhaps his return is more important than we/I thought?
                            3.) UVM is pretty bad - If I were Sneddon I'd be getting my resume together, what happend to Madore?
                            4.) How does one graduate from North Dakota in 2 years? Summer school, AP credits, or what???
                            5.) Happy for Grant, I always though he deserved a little more time that he got, he might be a good pro after all if he can keep his rebounds under control - "You can't teach size"

Hopefully they keep it rolling tonight.
                            Last edited by Jacques Joubert; 02-25-2012, 09:50 AM.
                            Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post
                              A few observations:

1.) The team was ready to play - congrats to them and Parker for that, no small task considering
                              2.) Alexx Privitera is really, really good-perhaps his return is more important than we/I thought?
                              3.) UVM is pretty bad - If I were Sneddon I'd be getting my resume together, what happend to Madore?
                              4.) How does one graduate from North Dakota in 2 years? Summer school, AP credits, or what???
                              5.) Happy for Grant, I always though he deserved a little more time that he got, he might be a god pro after all if he can keep his rebounds under control - "You can't teach size"

Hopefully they keep it rolling tonight.
                              Only watched bits and pieces. Agree wholeheartedly on Privitera. I think he turned the corner before getting hurt, but I definitely see him having a very good career at BU.

Great to see Rollie get a shutout, even if it was against a weak team.
                              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

The follow up article has been posted with more from Jack
                                http://www.boston.com/news/local/mas...?p1=News_links

But women’s advocates at BU said bigger changes would be needed to address a pervasive “rape culture’’ at the school, one they said was exemplified by recent comments by longtime hockey coach Jack Parker.

In an interview with the Globe Thursday, Parker said he would cooperate with the task force but he doubted campus culture could be changed dramatically.

“It’s certainly different than it was in the ’70s. Sexual mores have changed,’’ he said. “There’s girls on every floor; there’s no men’s and women’s dorms. The idea that hooking up is OK - I don’t think that term was even used in the 1970s. . . . Ninety-nine percent of these problems start with alcohol and sex. That’s a bad combination.’’
                                Again this quote out of context so I'm not really sure which "problems" Parker is talking about. Hopefully the problems he's referring to aren't his players raping coeds, but it's unclear. Also, I'm a little confused why the article seems to be conflating "campus culture," which is not the target of the task force, with men's ice hockey culture, which is.
                                #OneKnight

Comment

Working...
                                X