NCAA Frozen Four

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Frozen Four

Per the NCAA.com site, the semifinals are on ESPNU and the final are on ESPN2. i hope that a mistake.

http://www.ncaa.com/sites/default/fi...ast%281%29.pdf

I thought the semis are on ESPN2 and the finals are on ESPN. someone correct me on this.
    Go Gophers Go.

Re: NCAA Frozen Four

According to listings on Watch ESPN (formerly ESPN3.com) the first semifinal is Thursday, April 5 at 4:30 and will air on ESPNU. ESPN2 will be televising the Marlins-Reds game. ESPN has the first round of the Masters.

The second semifinal is on ESPN2 at 8:00. ESPN will be repeating coverage of the Masters.

The championship game is scheduled for ESPN2 at 7:00. ESPN will be airing a 2-hour SportsCenter followed by an Orlando Magic vs. Philadelphia 76ers game at 8:00.

Comment

ESPN : Proudly covering the Frozen Four because the NCAA made us do it.

Comment

Originally posted by BUPhD View Post
        ESPN : Proudly covering the Frozen Four because the NCAA made us do it.
        *****http://www.featurepics.com/FI/Thumb300/20070228/Young-Woman-Finger-Touching-Nose-236768.jpg******

Comment

I bet it's pre-empted for a lacrosse game.

Comment

World Series of Go Fish.
            Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
            ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

at least it's on tv for the suckers who won't be there in person!!
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Does anybody know how many years ESPN has the broadcast rights for NCAA men's division 1 hockey playoffs? I looked around but couldn't find any information.
                MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
                2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

Funny you mention that. Saturday on ESPN at 1:00: Virginia vs. North Carolina in lacrosse.

But we don't have to worry about the final being pre-empted...the game in preceded by a repeat showing of 30 For 30: Pony Excess and on Thursday's coverage of SF#1 on ESPNU it has an hour of College Football Live ahead of it.

Comment

Why does the NCAA make ESPN take hockey? Wouldn't FOX or NBC have interest in taking it? I'd think NBC would now especially.
                    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
                      Does anybody know how many years ESPN has the broadcast rights for NCAA men's division 1 hockey playoffs? I looked around but couldn't find any information.
                      I believe since their inception in 1979. The NCAA was their first major broadcast deal.
                      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Gophers #1 View Post
                        Per the NCAA.com site, the semifinals are on ESPNU and the final are on ESPN2. i hope that a mistake.

http://www.ncaa.com/sites/default/fi...ast%281%29.pdf

I thought the semis are on ESPN2 and the finals are on ESPN. someone correct me on this.
                        Time for someone to pony up the $5 a month and get the sports tier...
                        Originally posted by alfablue
                        Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                        Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                        I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
                          I'm pretty sure ESPN just renewed their contract with the NCAA for a long, long time.

Pretty darn lousy news. It really seemed like college hockey was starting to gain some visibility with the most-recent TV deals.

I mean, heck, how many homes even have ESPNU? I know I sure don't.
                          Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
                          66 - 86 - 07
                          59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
                          59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
                            I'm pretty sure ESPN just renewed their contract with the NCAA for a long, long time.

Pretty darn lousy news. It really seemed like college hockey was starting to gain some visibility with the most-recent TV deals.

2023-24

$500 million per year for everything that's not men's basketball in North America (though they have world wide rights to it), but including the pre and post season NIT's.

I would imagine hockey is worth about $13.21 of that yearly.
                            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post

I get it. Time for someone to pony up the $5 a month and get the sports tier...
                              Originally posted by alfablue
                              Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                              Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                              I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Working...
                              X